Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    Spoiler:
    Let me get this straight - Mitchell really is in command of SG-1 because the better candidate declined? They really were scraping the bottom of the barrel when they gave him the job?

If they insist...
    Yep, that was pretty clear. Mitchell actually said to Sam "Are you sure you don't want command?", implying that she was asked first and declined. So they were pretty much stuck with Mitchell.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Spoiler:
      what sam was thinking when she declined command: "I've seen what this moron can do. I better distance myself as far away from any liability as possible. Maybe I should take that Atlantis command after all?"
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        Yep, that was pretty clear. Mitchell actually said to Sam "Are you sure you don't want command?", implying that she was asked first and declined. So they were pretty much stuck with Mitchell.
        Utter rubbish, on all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Maybe Sam figured that if she had accepted command, she'd have to deal with Mitchell pouting and/or backseat commanding for the whole mission - that or Jackie's right and she didn't want to have to be responsible for his screw-ups.

Either way, I don't have the heart to blame her.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Maybe Sam figured that if she had accepted command, she'd have to deal with Mitchell pouting and/or backseat commanding for the whole mission - that or Jackie's right and she didn't want to have to be responsible for his screw-ups.

Either way, I don't have the heart to blame her.
            My guess its to negate the backlash from Sam not being placed in command. Write her to refuse command, and TPTB come out smelling like a rose and getting what they want, Mitchell in charge.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

There's nothing in it to indicate that Carter refused command.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                My guess its to negate the backlash from Sam not being placed in command. Write her to refuse command, and TPTB come out smelling like a rose and getting what they want, Mitchell in charge.
                Sam refusing command would explain why she's not in charge. It doesn't explain why that idiot of a Mitchell is.

Comment

Sam refusing command would explain why she's not in charge. It doesn't explain why that idiot of a Mitchell is.
                  I don't know about anyone else, but I have pretty much moved on. I don't really care anymore. I might watch the second movie, the first movie no way.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Spoiler:
                    It was made sure in the beginning of the movie that Landry was putting Cam in command of the ship, can't remember how times it was mentioned and Cam only asked Sam if she was sure she didn't want command when he was having troubles dealing with a bureaucrat So it was TPTB giving the fans the finger. I could only stomach to watch it once, and believe me, I needed a barf bucket for it
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      It was made sure in the beginning of the movie that Landry was putting Cam in command of the ship, can't remember how times it was mentioned and Cam only asked Sam if she was sure she didn't want command when he was having troubles dealing with a bureaucrat So it was TPTB giving the fans the finger. I could only stomach to watch it once, and believe me, I needed a barf bucket for it
                      Spoiler:
                      Are the Season Nine and Ten barf buckets still around?

Comment

Oh, I still care whenever I see anything related to S9-S10. I still watch Atlantis and worry all the time that S9-S10 characters or story will leak over, or that they will do something equally as stupid. Maybe I will be able to relax a bit once they get Carter off the show (if they do it in any kind of intelligent manner). Though I will still worry about the MS appearances, wondering if Daniel will appear or if JACKSON will appear.

I know its a TV show and its stupid but Stargate SG-1 was important to me. Atlantis not so much but still somewhat, and the appearances of SG-1 characters make it a bit moreso. Though I am really not sure how they could screw up the Stargate universe any more then RCC did it in S9-S10. Yet, somehow, I fear it.

Even though I have divested myself from those two horrible seasons, there is still the feeling that that TPTB could ruin my personal canon by continuing the crp in Atlantis or any further lame movies, or even another series done by THIS TPTB. Its just more salt in the wound. Now more then ever I am embarrased to talk about Stargate in public, because I now always get the feeling people are thinking "you actually watch that crp? What kind of idiot are you?". Whereas in the past I could defend it, and lone my DVDs out and get people saying "wow, you were right thats awesome" now all I can do is say "your right, its crap...but you should have seen the classic SG-1......." and slink away.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Are the Season Nine and Ten barf buckets still around?
                          Sorry, they've been used so much, they won't hold up much longer
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Sorry, they've been used so much, they won't hold up much longer
                            We always knew the day would come when the barf buckets wouldn't cut it and we'd have to dig a swimming pool.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                              Oh, I still care whenever I see anything related to S9-S10. I still watch Atlantis and worry all the time that S9-S10 characters or story will leak over, or that they will do something equally as stupid. Maybe I will be able to relax a bit once they get Carter off the show (if they do it in any kind of intelligent manner). Though I will still worry about the MS appearances, wondering if Daniel will appear or if JACKSON will appear.

I know its a TV show and its stupid but Stargate SG-1 was important to me. Atlantis not so much but still somewhat, and the appearances of SG-1 characters make it a bit moreso. Though I am really not sure how they could screw up the Stargate universe any more then RCC did it in S9-S10. Yet, somehow, I fear it.

Even though I have divested myself from those two horrible seasons, there is still the feeling that that TPTB could ruin my personal canon by continuing the crp in Atlantis or any further lame movies, or even another series done by THIS TPTB. Its just more salt in the wound. Now more then ever I am embarrased to talk about Stargate in public, because I now always get the feeling people are thinking "you actually watch that crp? What kind of idiot are you?". Whereas in the past I could defend it, and lone my DVDs out and get people saying "wow, you were right thats awesome" now all I can do is say "your right, its crap...but you should have seen the classic SG-1......." and slink away.
                              When ever people ask me what I like to watch I outright refuse to mention anything on skiffy at all. Which...currently...I don't watch anything on skiffy. I fall back on A&E, discovery channel and history channel...if they watch the same channels then they get into what shows I would watch. (A haunting, dogfights, lost worlds, cities of the underworld, cold case files, ect.)

I find the genre of science fiction will actually turn people off. I like to write science fiction in a historical setting, the moment I start talking anything science fiction in what I write...they look at me funny.

The way I see it, tptb have a select group of dedicated fans who will subject ourselves to years of crap to find one golden moment in an ep...kind of like treasure hunting. They should be happy we stick with them when Joe Public just turns the channel.

But now that Atlantis has lost it's flavor in much the same way sg-1 did...I haven't got the gumption to stick with it.

sga was more about weir/beckett/shep mckay. now, it's just forced team moments...much the same way sg-1 started forcing "family" moments in season 9&10. I am able to see the parallels that the anti sga people have been talking about now.

I agree that sga is slowly taking on sg-1 formula. Being more forced moments of a neglected team that is "family" and Rodney has turned into the Damsel in distress of SGA....like Daniel was in early SG-1.

So, yes the issues from both shows are still there just now the issues have a new title, SGA instead of SG-1.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                                Now more then ever I am embarrased to talk about Stargate in public, because I now always get the feeling people are thinking "you actually watch that crp? What kind of idiot are you?". Whereas in the past I could defend it, and lone my DVDs out and get people saying "wow, you were right thats awesome" now all I can do is say "your right, its crap...but you should have seen the classic SG-1......." and slink away.
                                I have the same feeling. I don't really mention it to many people but now it's always prefaced with--"the old seasons, not the last 2."

Cam actually got a bit better in some episodes & I notice in an interview with BB (that's on GW) he seems to agree. I don't think he liked the totally hot-headed, hyper Mitchell. You've gotta give him credit for playing it to the hilt though, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X