Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think, as to zelenka line

Spoiler:
    if sam had just finished it 'all he wants to talk about is pigeons' or 'the man breeds pigeons' or something like that

a lot if it just felt forced to me, like all of htem were taking turns being the straight man, and none of them were used to it
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My thoughts on the Zelenka line:

Spoiler:
      I thought it was more showing Sam's discomfort than her dislike for Zelenka. She tried to pull him into a conversation with the pigeons and he didn't get it. So it was probably a long uncomfortable time, being stuck in the lift with someone it was hard to talk to.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

that too

trapped with a stranger for hours

not fun
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          that too

trapped with a stranger for hours

not fun
          What if you have a big old bag of chips and Salsa. You know like that one commercial. I was watching that commercial thinking thats a pretty bad idea considering you dont know how long you are going to be trapped.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            My thoughts on the Zelenka line:

Spoiler:
            I thought it was more showing Sam's discomfort than her dislike for Zelenka. She tried to pull him into a conversation with the pigeons and he didn't get it. So it was probably a long uncomfortable time, being stuck in the lift with someone it was hard to talk to.
            I agree that that was her thinking. I just wish they had let her clarify. Though I did like Sam's line
            Spoiler:
            It's not a contest.

Comment

Trio

Spoiler:
              Yes, I found the gratuitous boob reference grating and the Zelenka lines annoying, but the one that I protest?

Why in the world would Sam let Rodney scream at the kids? It was completely counterproductive and probably lost them any chance they had of getting rescued. And she let him do it twice?

It's bad enough she let Rodney throw around the grapple after he almost made mincemeat of her and Keller, but she wasn't being any sort of productive leader when she didn't stop him from shooting off his mouth. She's not that stupid.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I was absolutely devasted when I heard the news. Being a fan of this show since its beginning was horrifying news for me .

was financial reason for the axing the series? because of the high profile characters i.e. O'Neil etc...

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                  I was absolutely devasted when I heard the news. Being a fan of this show since its beginning was horrifying news for me .

was financial reason for the axing the series? because of the high profile characters i.e. O'Neil etc...
                  Well since O'Neil wasnt in S10 I doubt he is the high profile character they were talking about. B Bridges is pretty high profile, but also pretty unnecessary for stargate so it would be hard to believe they would cut it because of him. People claim BB and CB are high profile but probably not more so then AT, MS or CJ. Those three are probably making good money due to just being there a while. The writers, directors and many on the crew have all been there a while too. And of course the dropping ratings = less money to pay all those people with.

Ironic since BB, BB, CB and the actress that played Lam could have all been easily replaced with unknown actors...perhaps that would have saved money and perhaps it would have encouraged TPTB to actually WRITE the characters instead of living on the name recongnition of these actors. But oh well, just as well it was cancelled since TPTB had already killed it.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                    Well since O'Neil wasnt in S10 I doubt he is the high profile character they were talking about. B Bridges is pretty high profile, but also pretty unnecessary for stargate so it would be hard to believe they would cut it because of him. People claim BB and CB are high profile but probably not more so then AT, MS or CJ. Those three are probably making good money due to just being there a while. The writers, directors and many on the crew have all been there a while too. And of course the dropping ratings = less money to pay all those people with.

Ironic since BB, BB, CB and the actress that played Lam could have all been easily replaced with unknown actors...perhaps that would have saved money and perhaps it would have encouraged TPTB to actually WRITE the characters instead of living on the name recongnition of these actors. But oh well, just as well it was cancelled since TPTB had already killed it.
                    Imho, season 9 and 10 were the best seasons I have ever seen. There is another ironic thing I read about SG1, the last episode grossed in more people than it has ever had.

questions
                    why don't the owners of the sci fi channel grant the rights to sell the SG1 intellectual property to other companies who wish to continue the story?

and

Why don't the sci fi Channel take into consideration the international fanbase?
                    There are over 6 billion of us, why only take into consideration americans? Sci fi channel isn't only shown on america you know.

Comment

Note that this is not really the correct thread in which to discus ones love for S9-S10 and wish for non cancellation of that S9-S10 series (which lived off the name SG-1).

SG-1 S8 was the highest rated season they had. S9 started a drop off of fans which continued until it was cancelled midseason 10. It doesn’t surprise me that the final show of the series pulled in a ton of viewers. Too bad they all tuned if for one of the carpiest series finallys of all time where TPTB finished their emasculation of the Stargate universe and completed turning it into typical cliché carp. The TPTB of Atlantis are doing a valiant job trying to hold the franchise together IMHO. However, I don’t see that show making it past season 5. However, the closer they get to Classic SG-1 (and the farther they stay from S9-S10 "Stargate command") the closer they will get to having a long running show. Because it was Classic Stargate and the Classic characters that got the show the record not one and 1/2 years of that carpy Starship command.

Comment

Actually, several episodes in Season 8 (and even Season 9) brought in considerably more viewers than "Unending."

Moebius 2 and New Order 1+2 each got a 2.4 HH rating, which equals over 3 million viewers each according to the GW statistics. There were quite a few other episodes that did nearly as well.

"Unending" got a 1.7 HH rating and had about 2.2 million viewers. This was certainly an improvement for Season 10, but no where near what the ratings had been before.

A few of the Season 9 or 10 episodes came close to matching Season 8's ratings, but the ratings certainly declined over the course of those two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          Trio

Spoiler:
                          Yes, I found the gratuitous boob reference grating and the Zelenka lines annoying, but the one that I protest?

Why in the world would Sam let Rodney scream at the kids? It was completely counterproductive and probably lost them any chance they had of getting rescued. And she let him do it twice?

It's bad enough she let Rodney throw around the grapple after he almost made mincemeat of her and Keller, but she wasn't being any sort of productive leader when she didn't stop him from shooting off his mouth. She's not that stupid.
                          I thought she was
                          Spoiler:
                          grabbing his arm to get him to be quiet and he was ignoring her. But yeah, I would have thought Sam would have stopped him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            It wasn't stargate anymore. It's something else that was labeled stargate.
                            It isn't Stargate anymore.

It's that simple - and sad.

Comment

Is it just me or is it that everytime TPTB want something to go over well which they secretly suspect wont go over well (or read forums that show somethings not going over well) that they make one of the popular characters say something positive about it... in an out of character way?

The most recent example is Carter complementing Teal'cs hair in Midway. The comment was out of place and brought even more attention to the bad hair, and not in a good way. Then their was Mckay complementing the stupid new uniforms earlier in the season. Then in S10 of SG-1 there was JACKSON comparing Vala to Teal'c (too bad no one compared JACKSON to Daniel as they would say it was an equally bad comparison). Then their was Walter telling us how in awe we should be of some unknown pilot who crashed his plane, doing his job (where lots of pilots performed the same function and didnt crash their ships). In fact, S9-S10 was quite full of TPTB telling us how cool and logical stuff was and not actually showing anything cool or logical.

Oh well, just a bet peeve and this is soo my favorite thread to vent in.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                                Is it just me or is it that everytime TPTB want something to go over well which they secretly suspect wont go over well (or read forums that show somethings not going over well) that they make one of the popular characters say something positive about it... in an out of character way?

The most recent example is Carter complementing Teal'cs hair in Midway. The comment was out of place and brought even more attention to the bad hair, and not in a good way. Then their was Mckay complementing the stupid new uniforms earlier in the season. Then in S10 of SG-1 there was JACKSON comparing Vala to Teal'c (too bad no one compared JACKSON to Daniel as they would say it was an equally bad comparison). Then their was Walter telling us how in awe we should be of some unknown pilot who crashed his plane, doing his job (where lots of pilots performed the same function and didnt crash their ships). In fact, S9-S10 was quite full of TPTB telling us how cool and logical stuff was and not actually showing anything cool or logical.

Oh well, just a bet peeve and this is soo my favorite thread to vent in.

I noticed that too. Tptb are not supposed to let fandom influence them but they seem to play with fans a lot.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X