S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
    My stargate SG-1 world only includes Seasons 1-8 with a dash of Line in the Sand, The Road Not Taken, and Unending from season 10. That's it. Not interested in Ark of Truth because I don't care about the Ori storyline with Vala/Adria/Daniel. I really do not care how it ends.

Continuum, however, I am interested in because is has the potential to be a real SG-1 team episode, and it is a stand alone episode.
    I'm all in favour of banishing Cambo, Vaniel and all things Bori-related from the canon.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      I'm all in favour of banishing Cambo, Vaniel and all things Bori-related from the canon.
      Indeed. How the hell did this turn into SG1? For me SG1 goes from seasons 1-8 straight to Continuum. S9/10 and AoT never happened.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        Indeed. How the hell did this turn into SG1? For me SG1 goes from seasons 1-8 straight to Continuum. S9/10 and AoT never happened.
        I move that this be declared official canon.

Comment

I second that.
          After all S9 & 10 was just Cambo's dream/ our nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I second that.
            I thought we decided it was Jacks drunk nightmare after watching too many bad soap-operas\sitcoms...... or Feldgers holodeck sim.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              I thought we decided it was Jacks drunk nightmare after watching too many bad soap-operas\sitcoms...... or Feldgers holodeck sim.
              As long as it's not real.

Comment

Just a note--the Bori are so boring that I actually enjoyed killing them in my fic and bringing in an OC bad guy.

Too bad they didn't bring back anubis as a human and give him some of the telekinetic powers to make him look "new and improved." I would have liked to have seen Anubis as a short, fat, old, bald guy who had some actual powers. Anubis sentenced to life life as a human would have been justice.

Oma could be descended with him and the two would be trying to kill each other and bicker like an old married couple.

Instead they just made Ba'al into a running joke--shame--I did like CS and his acting.

Of course--character assassination is a specialty with the writers. Doesn't matter if they were the good guys or the bad guys...the character either dies, is changed to the point of no longer the same character or just outright never mentioned again.

Long Live Thor--Unending never happened. (neither did 9 and 10)
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

see, s9 and 10 ARE all a dream. sam wakes up at the cabin and jack is in the shower
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I still maintain its Mitchell comatose dream. Only in his mind would he ever be leader of SG-1. He wakes to find out that he is not a member of SG-1, infact he has been reassigned to mess tent duty in Iraq.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Official canon!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I second that.
                      Indeed.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                      I don't think Jack could get that drunk, lol. S9/10 would require you to be on wacky wacky drugs...wonder where RCC gets his supply?

As long as it's not real.
                      Indeed.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      see, s9 and 10 ARE all a dream. sam wakes up at the cabin and jack is in the shower

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                      I still maintain its Mitchell comatose dream. Only in his mind would he ever be leader of SG-1. He wakes to find out that he is not a member of SG-1, infact he has been reassigned to mess tent duty in Iraq.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

See, in S10 there were glimmers of the good character Cam could have been (though not as SG1 leader). I did think AT & BB worked well together. Too bad the chemistry that *I* saw, never panned out & instead we got the "chemistry" of Vaniel that I never saw or appreciated.

Comment

I will preface this by saying I am not completely anti 10, but I do have complaints.

I highly missed seeing Daniel interact with Sam and Teal'c. And I don't hate Cam and I don't hate Vala, but the writers did T me off with the, Cam and Sam and Cam and Teal'c are best buddies!1!! Vala and Daniel and Vala and Sam and Vala and Muscles are best buddies!!11!!

For two seasons, it was as if Daniel and Sam had this sort of similarly charged forcefields around each other so they couldn't talk or stand next to each other for more than a few seconds at a time. It's sad when I can only think of one good Sam and Daniel scene in two years.

Also, I am finding fan fiction Daniel/Vala ship to be so much more interesting and angsty and involved than anything they put on screen or creeped me out with in the yelling scene in Unending. (I'm still on the fence about that one.) There's an entire I-was-a-teenage-goa'uld/could-i-have-saved-Sha're issue between them that could bring up some cool television and some interesting ship interaction to watch.

But we got Daniel and Vala flinging each other around like fifth graders. What could have been an awesome ship (CB and MS together on screen would be hot like a hot thing IMO) became Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher. That's too bad.
                          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

I totally agree. One of the things I really disliked about S10 was that there was hardly any Sam/Daniel or Teal'c/Daniel interaction. I guess tptb figured we'd had 8 seasons of good interaction between them, but it's so old hat now and Vaniel is a lot more fun. *rolls eyes*

The Cam/Sam interaction was pretty good, but the whole recipe for pairing off people became too predictable. Usually it was Sam/Cam/Teal'c off together while Daniel/Vala were off somewhere else. Or more often Cam/Teal'c, Vala/Daniel and then poor Sam off on her own.

I've heard there are fanfics that go deeper into Vala's past, especially as a goa'uld host, and attempt to show how she got to where she is now. Not that I've really read many, but I've heard they did a much better job with her backstory than has even been attempted on screen. I can even bet that at least one person has tried to explore a connection between Sam and Vala as former hosts (Vala to Qetesh, Sam to Jolinar).

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                              Is Jackson on latrine duty?

Comment

i too missed different pairings. I loved it when vala got to talk to the others. I liked the side of her we saw with teal'c or sam and i regret that we only got snippits of it.

vala and daniel....not much depth there. she hits on him, he rejects her, she makes a joke. wash, rinse, repeat

but with teal'c, her hitting on him accomplished nothing, he didn't get flustered, if anything it merely amused him so she had to try something else. i'd have loved to have seen her lighten sam up a bit and have the two of them conspire together

with sam adn daniel it was like they were two poles of a magnet, perpetualy opposite each other.

cam being everyone's best buddy adn indulged like a favorite little brother is - to me - a symptom of 'oh, man, we know he won't be well received so let's make sure all the characters love him, then the viewers will too'

yeah, sorry, don't work that way

especially when cam is doing stupid things to make the plot work and these characters aren't telling him that he's been stupid. If he's got a zit on his nose, call a zit a zit, don't just ignore it.

both cameron and vala had tremendous potential. but they were written in the corner to faciliate the super duper adventures of Jackson the magnificent and never got out
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X