S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    1) I used to think Tuvok was the stupidest Vulcan in the universe considering he was the first Vulcan security guard on the show and Voyager seemed to be taken over more then any other starship....by the same stupid lame enemies in S1.
    I wonder if that's why he got demoted; he was wearing a lieutenant commander's insignia at first, then later a lieutenant's until he got promoted again in Season Four.

3) I really thought the Doctor was the best character on the show.
    He was fantastic. I adore the episode where he was daydreaming. And the one where he was teaching Seven to date was adorable.

Slightly off the subject (DS9 instead of Voyager) - am I alone in liking Ezri Dax?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      I wonder if that's why he got demoted; he was wearing a lieutenant commander's insignia at first, then later a lieutenant's until he got promoted again in Season Four.

He was fantastic. I adore the episode where he was daydreaming. And the one where he was teaching Seven to date was adorable.

Slightly off the subject (DS9 instead of Voyager) - am I alone in liking Ezri Dax?
      Didn't Tuvok like betray Voyager very early in the s1 and get demoted on the show? Or am I remembering that wrong.....

(A character who suffers consequences....wouldnt that have been nice for S9-S10?)
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

By the way, has anyone else seen the scenes they filmed with Geneviève Bujold as Captain Nicole Janeway? I found it unsettling to see someone else as Janeway, even though I think that Ms Bujold was amazing in "Anne of the Thousand Days", the Tower scene makes me teary every time.

Comment

Didn't Tuvok like betray Voyager very early in the s1 and get demoted on the show? Or am I remembering that wrong.....
          He was a spy on Chakotay's ship. Chances are, he was demoted so they wouldn't be calling him and Chakotay "Commander" and confusing people about the chain of command.

(A character who suffers consequences....wouldnt that have been nice for S9-S10?)
          : What are these "consequences" you speak of?

Comment

i liked ezri

it's too bad that she only had one season
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I never really saw the end of DS9 for the same reason I didnt see Voyager. Stupid Paramount network....stupid WB for taking the station they had originally been on. I was aware Jensia got killed (and in scifi cliche after she got married) but I never really saw the new host except in some screenshots and maybe one ep on Spike. I dont remember Kira being preggers either...and have no clue how that war ended....maybe I will DVR that show next. I want it in HD though and I want it to start from the beginning.
              (more stupid kids on that show...though I did grow to like the Ferengie one).
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i liked ezri

I have to say, I was really glad that they didn't end up with Ezri and Worf paired off. That would have just felt wrong - plus, poor Dax wouldn't get any new hosts unless the authorities on Trill were prepared to cut Ezri a heck of a lot of slack because of the whole unprepared for joining thing.

Comment

Is he ok with Oreos.
                  Is he ok with the Oreos attacking the Milkyway..

See they had a reason for having Toilet ships.

Lots of Oreos + Milk = Nature break (which is where the Toilet ships come in)

I don't know he/she not popped up in other threads apart from my
                  "questions about the Bori" thread.....
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

By the way, has anyone else seen the scenes they filmed with Geneviève Bujold as Captain Nicole Janeway? I found it unsettling to see someone else as Janeway, even though I think that Ms Bujold was amazing in "Anne of the Thousand Days", the Tower scene makes me teary every time.

Yeah it was kind of freaky seeing Bujold in the captain's chair.

I am glad they didn't use her though, because I think she looked a bit
                    too old for the role.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Yep. I really really disliked her. I am not a fan of the actress they chose. Plus, I wasn't feeling very charitable, they -tptb- really screwed Terri Farrell.

I loved the daydream ep "Tenor, Tinker, Soldier, Spy"?? Robert P is great.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Oddly enough, Seven never bothered me, I actually liked her - although part of that could have been because I hated Kes since I started watching and Seven being there meant that Kes wasn't.

I disliked Kes too. Parish and Nelix competing for her affections. I liked the idea of 7 of 9. A Human Borg taken as a little girl, and turned back to a human 20 years later. If they hadn't put her in that outfit, it might have worked for me.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i liked ezri

I had a hard time accepting Ezri because I really liked Jadzia. She was a fun but strong character.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                            I disliked Kes too. Parish and Nelix competing for her affections. I liked the idea of 7 of 9. A Human Borg taken as a little girl, and turned back to a human 20 years later. If they hadn't put her in that outfit, it might have worked for me.
                            The outfit (the basis for Anise's) was bad. I liked individual episodes. But they (in general) focused on her too much, to the exclusion of all the other characters except the Doctor. That was bad. Barring Chakotay I liked the other characters.

It still boggles the mind that after the "Our fans are too smart buy the scanty clothing stuff" comment by one of TPTB that they could find S9 Vala - potty mouth included - to be a good idea. When did we become stupid enough to accept it?

See? I can drag this thread back to topic.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              The outfit (the basis for Anise's) was bad. I liked individual episodes. But they (in general) focused on her too much, to the exclusion of all the other characters except the Doctor. That was bad. Barring Chakotay I liked the other characters.

It still boggles the mind that after the "Our fans are too smart buy the scanty clothing stuff" comment by one of TPTB that they could find S9 Vala - potty mouth included - to be a good idea. When did we become stupid enough to accept it?

See? I can drag this thread back to topic.

suse
                              Probably when the level headed PTB left and leaving the immmaturity behind?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Probably when the level headed PTB left and leaving the immmaturity behind?

I *thought* it was Brad who commented. I could well be wrong. And with him over on SGA more than SG-1...I can see smaller details (costuming, some limes) slipping past him.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X