S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    I can't green you but thanks for the Daniel analysis I agree with you why I love Daniel is he is emotional and why he values all of SG-1 past and present they are his family the closest thing he has to one they are the ones who he has the emotional connections to he tresures them he knows that not everyone will care but they do.

You all were talking about Bounty before it was least favorite ep of season 10 I really hated it. It had no real redeeming qualties for me I didn't like how they had Vala she was no longer the girl that had to dress that way I really felt like they regressed Vala. The Daniel bits were kinda ok and Teal'c was kinda ok but I really felt sorry for BB that whole thing with Amy was horrible just the whole ep's story did not work for me. Sam was ok but I really hated the ep the ep Bad Guys after it was better for a funny ep the only thing that was missing was Sam I wish she was struggling to be a bad guy right along with Daniel. They don't let Sam be funny very often.

Hope I didn't offend anyone I have Anti couches for you

Do they recline?
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Thanks for the warning, but we already know that
      Then it's all good. Take a seat

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
      Do they recline?
      They do all sort of fantastic things. We also have anti pets that you can cuddle while you're moping / complaining about your season of choice. You know, animals help keep the stress levels low.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Cammie is a 14 year old's Marty Stu--of course he will run off on his own and save day single handedly! What Marty Stu wouldn't do that? LOL.
        Would a Marty Stu risk getting his team killed in the process? (I'm still learning this terminology) B/c I think that's what Cam does in that ep. They wind up having to run after him before he gets himself killed. Someone Mandy?)did a fic like that where Cam does something stupid like that and nearly gets Sam killed. Then he has to face the consequences. No consequences in RCC's world though.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Would a Marty Stu risk getting his team killed in the process? (I'm still learning this terminology) B/c I think that's what Cam does in that ep. They wind up having to run after him before he gets himself killed. Someone Mandy?)did a fic like that where Cam does something stupid like that and nearly gets Sam killed. Then he has to face the consequences. No consequences in RCC's world though.
          Yep, that was me
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oh goodie tonight we had the episode where they get trapped inside
            a museum....... After 10 minutes I gave up and turned the TV off.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
              Oh goodie tonight we had the episode where they get trapped inside
              a museum....... After 10 minutes I gave up and turned the TV off.
              You were braver than me, I didn't even bother to turn it on.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

braver than me 2-i didn't watch it either
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Worst Ending EVER
                  Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                  Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                  Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                  Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                  You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                  Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                  One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                  You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                  The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                  www.7-scales.co.uk
                  http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                    braver than me 2-i didn't watch it either
                    I held off as long as I could, but then I thought I really should see it if I was going to complain about it

Boy I wish I didn't have to complain about it (where were my buckets when I needed them )
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I held off as long as I could, but then I thought I really should see it if I was going to complain about it

Boy I wish I didn't have to complain about it (where were my buckets when I needed them )
                      Yeah, thats the price we pay for playing on the anti thread. We have to watch the garbage in order to complain about it.
                      Last edited by Rogue; 25 October 2007, 06:57 AM.

Rogue

Comment

Yeah, thats the price we pay for playing on the anti thread. We have to watch the garabage in order to complain about it.

It was interesting in that Vala saved the day. I would have thought
                        with her knowledge of being this "super thief" and knowledge of how
                        locks and stuff work she wouldn't have acted so stupid around the bomb
                        but in the end she saved them by wiring it to the gate....

And this answers my question of how they must have doneit in the
                        movie..... They had to stand there turning the ring by hand....

The ending was a crap out..... So the aliens dig their heads into the
                        sand. "tra la la the world is fine"

What happens of the Bori visit them?

And not having a go at anyone on here but some people like the Bori?
                        I'm shocked and even view them as good villains....

Comment

Don't forget she just happened to have a glass cutter in her backpack
                          Oh it must have been right next to her hair dryer
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Don't forget she just happened to have a glass cutter in her backpack
                            Oh it must have been right next to her hair dryer

Actually with Vala I can believe that to a point

Comment

Jckfan55 asked:
                              Why the heck would you be reading the illustrated guide to S9? I still cannot believe how badly SG-1 has fallen. I still can't believe my once favorite show makes me so aggravated when I think of it. I loved SG-1 I just hated the rotting undead zombie it became after S8.
                              Entertainment value. Besides, I othught it would give me insite into the decision-making process for a few eps. And the actor interviews are usually fun. Instead I got pablum. I shouldn't have expected anything diffeerent. It's not like tptb (I'm thinking MGM, I really doubt Bridge has much to do with the books beyond the interviews) would let anything that doesn't promote S9 as Da Best Eva!!!!! through.

Though I *would* expect that they use the finished episode details (Sam leading the mission, not Cam) in the book, not the unedited script...

It didn't do good things for my blood pressure.

The thing is the change (while it made sense for where the story was at the time) didn't do Mitchell any favors as it made him look like a *disobedient* untrained n00b, not just a n00b with no reason to be in charge beyond the location of his genetalia. And the next ep didn't help. I don't remember what is is, but I distinctly remember it really nailing the coffin shut on the Mitchell character for me. Though I kept trying til The Making of 200/200. Then I gave up bothering.

suse

Suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                                Actually with Vala I can believe that to a point
                                Reminds me of Spaceballs. Where Princess Vespa is forced to leave her industrial strength hairdryer (that she "CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT!!!!') behind when they crash in a Tatooine type planet.

Oh! That's right! Spaceballs is a SPOOF! Silly, silly me. Why am I drawing comparisons between a spoof and SG-1?

suse
                                <sigh>
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X