S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Do NOT get me started on Lt. Col. Greeney!!!

But yeah you are right, there did appear to be some ineffectual back pedaling in S10. I almost bust a gut laughing at that special ops joke

By S10 I think I'd gotten over the majority of my raging and did a lot of laughing at how ridiculous the show had become. Hey did we ever come up with the episode with the most plot holes? Wasn't there a thread for it? *note to self: search for it tomorrow*
    lol! Lt Col. Greeney. So TPTB either had to backpeddle to beef him up and/or making the rest of the team dumber to make him look more competent. TPTB did both and the end result was cancellation.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

SG-1 always seemed too good for Scifi. It was only a matter of time before SciFi recked SG-1. I' am a little surprised Scifi is still on the air with the programming there showing. I was happy when I first got Scifi. This was before SG-1 was on and it did not take me long to see this is not a good channel.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
        SG-1 always seemed too good for Scifi. It was only a matter of time before SciFi recked SG-1. I' am a little surprised Scifi is still on the air with the programming there showing. I was happy when I first got Scifi. This was before SG-1 was on and it did not take me long to see this is not a good channel.
        Yeah, not much sci fi on Sci-Fi.

I'm not so sure skiffy had that much to do with what happened in S9. Beyond wanting SG-1, not Stargate Command. And wanting Vala back in S9, even though the actress was very pregnant. But it was Coop's idea to create Vala's spawn. Complete with mommy's dom clothing - slave collar included.

As far as I can tell it was the Bridge PTB that decided who was in charge after SG-1 was not split up (Sam to the Apollo, Teal'c w/the Jaffa, Daniel ???), as seemed to be the plan for SGC. They also seem to be the ones who decided Lt. Col. Greenie lmah needed to be gate inexperienced but still worthy to lead those that *were* the flag-ship team for 8 years - even though one *led* it for a year. Real believable. /sarcasm

Between the above and the addition of Vala (stunk stripe)'I enjoy sexually harassing all men (but Action Jackson in particular) as a bonus to my usual MO of slaving, thieving, kidnapping and "whorelette"ing' Mal Duron tptb totally managed to kill the suspension of disbelief.

We went from paraphrased "our fans are too bright to be manipulated by a great body in skimpy clothing" a la 7 of 9 via Anise to "sexy" and "fun" is the way to go!

Even if that means ignoring the basic respect they used to give to women (and men) as this show is based in the here and now.

I find it amusing that as soon as they knew they had Vala for S10 they started toning her down. [size="1"] In a hamfisted OTT 'let's turn her into a little girl (complete with pigtails0 so people forget how we wrote her in S9' kind of way. Too bad it was too late for so many people by then.

I'm not even going to start on the b(ORI)ing new enemy...

Who knew they would sink so low so quickly?

suse
        Last edited by suse; 02 October 2007, 07:05 AM.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Scifi doesn't really have a big budget to play with so why they even
          got their hands on SG1 is a mystery to me...

A friend mailed me a copy of a really bad movie, and not "bad in a good way"
          bad but REALLY bad.

The movie is called Mansquito... Anyone seen it? It's got everything including
          a wormy centipede kind of thng raping a woman
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post

bad but REALLY bad.

Sounds like an orignal made for scifi movie
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post

bad but REALLY bad.

The last sci-fi channel movie I saw was Ice Spiders. Geneticly manipulated spiders get loose from a lab located (of course) next to a ski resort. It became entertaining after 1/2 bottle of wine.
              Last edited by Rogue; 02 October 2007, 07:57 AM.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I can't remember when, but I think it was around the time SG1 went to SciFi, it used to have good movies, but of course those were movies they 'bought' and didn't make 'Original SciFi' movies. I wonder if there were different people running the channel back then, because I actually enjoyed the channel...the same can't be said now
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                  Skiffy shows are so bad they make SG-1 S9/10 look good. The Stargate series has always been head and shoulders above the other Skiffy shows. Too bad they felt the need to stooped down to Skiffy's level in S9/10.

Even season 9 and 10 look good compared to the rest of the programming.

I don't know who much skiffy had influenced season 9 and 10. It will be interestring to see how the movies turn out with no skiffy input.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Sounds like an orignal made for scifi movie
                    Yep. Mansquito was indeed a SciFi channel movie. I turned it on for Corin Nemec, and I barely managed to sit through the whole thing. I knew it would be bad, but it wasn't even good for laughs.

Comment

Scifi is a 5 letter word for crap
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        Even season 9 and 10 look good compared to the rest of the programming.

I don't know who much skiffy had influenced season 9 and 10. It will be interestring to see how the movies turn out with no skiffy input.
                        I hold out zero hope of me enjoying Ark of Truth. There are too many elements Coop chooses to focus on that I find unwatchable. Too bad. I used to like his stuff. So suse will not bother buying it just as she has not bothered with S9 and S10 DVDs.

Continuum has possibilities. Brad writes a good tight story and Martin loved it enough to give Brad a hug. I think he can pull off the more er, sciency elements of the movie.

To bad wew can't cull the best of Anti-S9 and Anti-S10 and send them to tptb. With the permission of the writers of course I don't mean the whining. I mean the well-reasoned thoughts on where and why SG-1 went wrong. Some of the posts are spectacular.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          I hold out zero hope of me enjoying Ark of Truth. There are too many elements Coop chooses to focus on that I find unwatchable. Too bad. I used to like his stuff. So suse will not bother buying it just as she has not bothered with S9 and S10 DVDs.

Continuum has possibilities. Brad writes a good tight story and Martin loved it enough to give Brad a hug. I think he can pull off the more er, sciency elements of the movie.
                          I'm of the same opinion. I'm not going to even bother with Coop's effort unless someone whose opinion I trust informs me that it is worth the time & effort. Continuum has me interested enough so that I'll check it out and buy it if I like it.

To bad wew can't cull the best of Anti-S9 and Anti-S10 and send them to tptb. With the permission of the writers of course I don't mean the whining. I mean the well-reasoned thoughts on where and why SG-1 went wrong. Some of the posts are spectacular.

suse
                          Well you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink
                          -

Comment

Yeah I will likely be watching both movies, but I will hold out to buy them untill I know if they are worth the money. I probably won't be buuying AoT anyway, it sounds to be too much of S9/10 in that one. The 2nd movie I have some hopes for at least.

suse
                            You know, that would be great if they actuallt would take in all that input and make some changes to please more of the fans they lost. But, I have no big hope they would even read them. Or they would, and just ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                              Yeah I will likely be watching both movies, but I will hold out to buy them untill I know if they are worth the money. I probably won't be buuying AoT anyway, it sounds to be too much of S9/10 in that one. The 2nd movie I have some hopes for at least.

You know, that would be great if they actuallt would take in all that input and make some changes to please more of the fans they lost. But, I have no big hope they would even read them. Or they would, and just ignore them.
                              Nah. The series is over. Nothing left to ignore. It's just the point...

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

suse

but we're just people with issues that are too stupid to appreciate the greatness of their work

even if it did matter, the inherent arrogance pretty much guarantees that any crit will be mocked and belittled.

of course, that arrogance is precisly WHY teh show is off the air, but hey, it ain't my job that got screwed up
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X