No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the second movie-do you suppose they are waiting to see if the Ark sinks before they release it?
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
      About the second movie-do you suppose they are waiting to see if the Ark sinks before they release it?
      My first thought was they wanted to distance themselves from the whole Ori storyline.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        My first thought was they wanted to distance themselves from the whole Ori storyline.
        Oh that makes sense, I'd want to distance myself from the Indiana Jackson movie

ETA: I think Brad may know more about what the fans like and want. Hopefully the first movie won't spoil the fans for coming back to the second one. And I would bet they would advertise(?) RDA's presence in the movie to bring the fans back to the movie. Hopefully Brad will use this movie to fix any mistakes made in the past (not that they would ever admit to mistakes being made.) I also recall CB mentioning in an interview that Vala haters should like this movie, because Vala isn't in it much.
        Last edited by Mandysg1; 31 July 2007, 07:19 AM. Reason: To add to post
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

ETA: I think Brad may know more about what the fans like and want. Hopefully the first movie won't spoil the fans for coming back to the second one. And I would bet they would advertise(?) RDA's presence in the movie to bring the fans back to the movie. Hopefully Brad will use this movie to fix any mistakes made in the past (not that they would ever admit to mistakes being made.) I also recall CB mentioning in an interview that Vala haters should like this movie, because Vala isn't in it much.
          Yeah I think BW movie will have a broader appeal than RCC.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I'd rather have heard that Vala was to play a significant (not dominant) role in the movie, but far, far, far away from Jackson.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I would think that even if The AoT sinks, they're still going to have to release the film.

The way they've staggered the releases of the DVDs supports the theory (that others have had, not me) that MGM is trying to get as much bang for their buck as possible. For the next year, it'll be very difficult for people to avoid press coverage of the Gates in some capacity - if not Atlantis, then SG-1.

As for Continuum and CB's involvement... It's too bad that she thinks so many people wouldn't want to see her in the movie. She said in that interview that she would essentially be playing a different character in Continuum (I'm assuming Qetesh). I wouldn't have minded seeing CB play the Goa'uld-ized version of Vala in the second movie in a larger capacity. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Judging by the AoT trailer at Comic Con, it doesn't look like AT will be in a whole lot of that film either.
              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 31 July 2007, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                I would think that even if The AoT sinks, they're still going to have the release the film.

The way they've staggered the releases of the DVDs supports the theory (that others have had, not me) that MGM is trying to get as much bang for their buck as possible. For the next year, it'll be very difficult for people to avoid press coverage of the Gates in some capacity - if not Atlantis, then SG-1.

I would say that they'll release the two movies separately, then a few months down the line as a two movie box set with a few extras tacked on.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

they showed a bit of the Barf of Truf at comic con-????? anything worth noting?
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

they showed a bit of the Barf of Truf at comic con-????? anything worth noting?
                    I thought it was interesting how much Teal'c was featured in the film trailer. Daniel and Vala played a large role as well, which wasn't surprising (or necessarily a bad thing).

Of course, the movies seem to be split up - with obvious focus on Daniel/Vala/Teal'c in one, and obvious focus on Sam/Cameron/Jack in the other. As someone who likes all the actors in some capacity, I find it unfortunate that the casts were divided seemingly by writer/producer preference, or something. Too bad.

Comment

i'd be very surprised if sam had anything more than a token role in AoT. she doesn't fit into coop's verison of hte universe

as to vala...it'll also be interesting to see if she's allowed to be more than daniel's girlfriend.

perhaps in AoT she's daniel's arm decoration, but in continuum she's actually allowed to stand on her own two feet adn be something more and a prop.

Both the movies are made and i doubt even if AoT's sales totally suck that they'll not release continuum. they have too much invested to not release the movie

and yeah, i can see individual releases, then a super special two disc set of them both...to milk as money as possible. and it's possible that the special editon will have something to do with pimping the third series...if it ever happens
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i'd be very surprised if sam had anything more than a token role in AoT. she doesn't fit into coop's verison of hte universe
                        Yeah, I think he's tired of the character. He may have bought into the idea that Carter's only role is exposition. That and that science doesn't really fit into the Bori storyline, so why have a scientist--particularly one who won't wear cleavage revealing outfits?

Comment

Well at least I'll know, not to waste my money or time on the first movie
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Unless it's really cheap (like $12 or so) i'll probably wait for the reviews of others or for previewed.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think they will release the 2nd movie no matter how the 1st will do. It would not be a good move money wise not to release it even if it doesn't sell well, they still get some of the production costs back. If it hadn't been made yet and AoT would fail terribly, then I think the 2nd movie would be scrapped.

I have more confidence in Brad. And if it's more Vala-light, it could make me watch it without throwing something on the screen. The 2nd movie is the only one of the two that I'm slightly looking forward too. But even as it's been pushed til the end of 2008 for a release, I'm not crying about it. Not looking forward to it that much anyway. In the show's prime, I couldn't wait untill next episode came out, now...my SG1 fix will be taken care of by old DVDs. Even if there were a S11, I would probably still watch it...but I wouldn't throw myself all over it, i'd watch it sometime when I'm bored and likely would fast forward it.

Comment

jack is in the ark of truth?

Comment

Working...
                                X