No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could would you erase the last 2 years of SG-1? And if so, how would you do it? Felger's dream, Cam's dream, time-travel?

Comment

I'm sticking with the "We've been in an Alternate Universe since Mobieus".

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
        About as ridiculous as Mitchell talking about team.
        So pretty in keeping really.
        Or Mitchell supposedly getting the band back together - let's re-examine the evidence, shall we?
        • "Avalon, Part 1": Mitchell is (for some bizarre reason) given command of SG-1 and ordered to choose his team from the available candidates. Instead, he chooses to badger Sam, Teal'c and Daniel to get them to remain. All refuse.
          Band not together. Sam and Teal'c have moved on. Daniel is about to.
        • "Avalon, Part 1": Vala shows up and uses the bracelets to keep Daniel by her side. Daniel misses his ride to Atlantis.
          Band not together, however Daniel is prevented from leaving for Atlantis.
        • "Avalon, Part 1": Teal'c returns to accompany Vala and Daniel on their quest. Mitchell also sent on mission, despite the fact that (a) none of the other three are members of his team and (b) there is no logical reason to send him along, especially when he has yet to obey his orders and choose his team from available candidates.
          Band not together, however two-thirds of band are working together.
        • "Origin" to "Beachhead": Daniel reveals existence of people in our galaxy to Ori, who show up and start recruiting. Sam sent back to the SGC to help deal with situation.
          Band not together, although members are working together.
        • "Ex Deus Machina": Mitchell hands out SG-1 patches.
          Band officially back together.

Mitchell's contribution: Ineffective badgering.
        Vala's contribution: Setting into motion the events that will lead to first encounter with the Ori and preventing Daniel from leaving for Atlantis. Effective.
        Daniel's contribution: Rolling out the red carpet for the Ori, making Sam's return from Area 51 necessary to clean up his mess. Effective.

Therefore, if anyone should be given credit for getting the band back together, it's Vala and Daniel.
        Last edited by ReganX; 29 July 2007, 06:39 AM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
          If you could would you erase the last 2 years of SG-1? And if so, how would you do it? Felger's dream, Cam's dream, time-travel?
          Oh I'd love to *sigh*

I"d have to keep with cannon, (unlike TPTB) and have Felger stuck in that game machine (don't remember what it's called). Because S9 does seem like someone's dream of being a super hero.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

My first choice would be to get my hands on an actual time machine and physically prevent Seasons Nine and Ten from being made as they were.

Failing that, I would be willing to buy that the last two seasons have been a cautionary story that Jack wrote for his team when Sam was considering leaving her position as commander of SG-1, Daniel was acting like a git and Teal'c wanted to go into Jaffa politics.

Now Daniel is on his best behaviour, Teal'c is still at the SGC and Sam is too terrified to even think about resigning unless she can get everyone from Jack to the President to swear that never, under any circumstances will anyone by the name of Cameron Mitchell be allowed within a hundred miles of Cheyenne Mountain or any project related to the Stargate Program.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Oh I'd love to *sigh*

I"d have to keep with cannon, (unlike TPTB) and have Felger stuck in that game machine (don't remember what it's called). Because S9 does seem like someone's dream of being a super hero.
              Ooooooooh time to drag out the S9 banners

they sum it all up so well!
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Because S9 does seem like someone's dream of being a super hero.
                someone called Cameron Mitchell.

what's disturbing is Sheppard seems to be getting this notion too lately.
                maybe Mitchell infected him in Pegasus Project like he did SG1.

I knew crossovers was bad idea

Comment

AU and/or alternate timeline - and it's not just a hope-for idea for me.... it's the only thing that works for me. Seasons 9 and 10 are not SG-1 (and the PTB have admitted that over and over... and it's not truly an admission of guilt, but a point of pride and purpose for them).
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 29 July 2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                    someone called Cameron Mitchell.

what's disturbing is Sheppard seems to be getting this notion too lately.
                    maybe Mitchell infected him in Pegasus Project like he did SG1.

I knew crossovers was bad idea
                    Last year there was an article about the SG1/SGA Pegasus episode and at least one of TPTB stated that both Mitchell and Sheppard are basically the same role, just on different shows/teams. Consequently, the writers find it difficult to write scenes that have *both* Mitchell and Sheppard in them, because both characters fulfill the same purpose. The actors, however, apparently enjoyed the chance to be on the stage together.

Comment

Yes.
                      As cliche and cheesy as it seems both of those options would be more believable to me then the last two seasons of SG-1 (which is even more cliche and cheesy).

Feldger in the gamekeeper device. Cam in a coma. Another time travel ep to fix the issue created in mobieus. Jack drunken stupor attending Cams medal (not CMOH but some other undeserved medal) ceremony. Whatever, anything that can restore the Stargate universe to what it was before Coop attempted to recreate it in his own image (much like anubis, BTW).
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

well, their uniform vala figure is wrong. vala doesn't tuck her pants in like regs require, she has them out...kinda like hip hugger bell bottoms.

as to lam and landry....someone's half baked idea. first, it's neoptism. a far, far worse reg to break than fraternization. and something the military goes out of its way to avoid.

second, it's a cliche and a half. 'commander's estranged daughter forced to work with her father'. at least they set aside the worse cliche....lam and cam's prior relationship. the idea was there and toyed with but never fully developed, fortunately.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

all they'd have to do to reset things is to have jack, sam, daniel, teal'c coming home from the fishing trip...sam wondering where that fish came from, realizing that they were a universe or two off and going 'home'
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

More red from Truskawka, who thought I should know that Seasons One through Eight were total crap and that she would like to make them "non existing at all" - ironically enough, an action that would actually mean no Seasons Nine and Ten, no Vaniel, no Ori...

Isn't it funny that said "total crap" managed to do so much better than the apparently superior Seasons Nine and Ten did?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              well, their uniform vala figure is wrong. vala doesn't tuck her pants in like regs require, she has them out...kinda like hip hugger bell bottoms.

as to lam and landry....someone's half baked idea. first, it's neoptism. a far, far worse reg to break than fraternization. and something the military goes out of its way to avoid.

second, it's a cliche and a half. 'commander's estranged daughter forced to work with her father'. at least they set aside the worse cliche....lam and cam's prior relationship. the idea was there and toyed with but never fully developed, fortunately.
                              With hindsight, I wonder if it was an attempt to give Lam a bigger role and connect her more with the story, thereby giving them more episodes with Lexa Doig. If so, then I would say that the fact that they had to come up with something so contrived is evidence that they had a bad character on their hands.

Janet didn't need to be Hammond's daughter or Jack's old flame to bring her into the family; her character and the wonderful actress who played her did this.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                With hindsight, I wonder if it was an attempt to give Lam a bigger role and connect her more with the story, thereby giving them more episodes with Lexa Doig. If so, then I would say that the fact that they had to come up with something so contrived is evidence that they had a bad character on their hands.

Janet didn't need to be Hammond's daughter or Jack's old flame to bring her into the family; her character and the wonderful actress who played her did this.
                                Funny how a character that was concieved as smiply a guest character in the earlier seasons had so much more impact then On Purposely created Full time characters of the later seasons. (yes characters as she had more impact then Lam or Cam.... and more respect then Vala).

More proof that even the ealier season guest characters were superior then the crp they gave us in S9-S10. Sorry ReganX, I would green you but I have been sticking only to my few threads so I havent spread enough around.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X