S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    That's a good one. My instinct is to instantly red them back, giving them the message that everytime they red me they'll get redded back, hopefully putting a stop to it. But generally I try to stop myself as as you said redding someone for stupid reasons is ridiculous.
    Then what they do Nikki is PM me saying that they were sorry and they had a bad day.

One girl argued with me over a silly joke I made that she didn't like and redded me for. She spent the next 2 hours debating with me if hunting was unethical...LOL. Last time she ever gave me a red! (Hubby hunts...so guess where I stand.)
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      Fine--I'll red ya. Qiuck...go check.
      Very funny

I belong to another board with a rating system and your posts are rated by how funny they are. I haven't checked my clicky totals in years. I honestly care more about making people smile than about how many clickies or mahas (the negative clickies are named after an old board member ) I get.

What I love about GW green is that you can leave comments
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
        Is a red always -1?
        A green can definitely be worth more than twenty.

You know, I don't think I've yet had the pleasure of a red on the thread. I must not utter the word "Vala" enough.
        I don’t think I have gotten red in this tread either. Nor did I get any in DVCKS. I can only assume that I am already on ignore for the majority of those that would red me. Funny, I never put anyone on ignore, some of the most entertaining people are those that disagree with you.

Also I always send a polite PM back to the person who left me red to see exactly what it was they gave it to me for as some descriptions are normally vague (if any are left at all). On a few occasions I found some random people gave me red because they thought I was talking about them when making a generalized comment. On other occasions I found they completely misunderstood what I said. And then with the special people I found I just made the mistake of daring to state the name of their favorite character with out prostrating and giving the proper adoration. (Ok maybe that’s an over generalized comment ...but its seems pretty darn close sometimes )
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

i get them quite frequently. and yeah, they are only worth -1, because we had soem bullies who'd have thier friends gang up and 'attack' someone. so we made the red worth only 1 point.

If someone leaves a rule breaking comment, the mods can remove that, but we can't do anything about the red. just parts of the trials and tribulations of the forum
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
            Its not the point value that matters. When someone dings you its like they get the last word. There is no rebuttle or discussion. You were wrong and they were right.
            that and you know sometimes it really isn't worth the brain cells exerted to snark a comeback.

some people come on this thread to make trouble and you know when you go onto a thread that you don't essentially agree with you do get your feelings hurt by what you read-and the most adult thing to do is to either suck it up or stay away-giving someone a red is quite childish really.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              I don't need free green because I'm charming and everyone loves me

Snerk.
              ROTFLOL Er ... you didn't mention humble.

Comment

"Yes, one of my prime duties as SGC's senior theoretical astrophysicist is to monitor and analyze the stellar drift of the red and green rep points. To do so, I have set up this display board which has immediate access to all real-time posts on the GW forum.

Allowing for the occasional brilliant supernova spectrum of blue (usually awarded only to those who have naquadah in their blood or ascended-being status), I have come to conclude that most GW posts in the green zone correlate with high intelligence, sense of humor, and ability to adapt to incoming stimuli.

The red zone, however, worries me. The correlations are suggesting cognitive dissonance such as "bad day at the office", "kick the dog", "hate my mother-in-law" and other highly charged content. In order to prevent a meltdown from the negative ions, I have backwards-engineered the control panel. The red data are being recycled into environmentally friendly nanites, too small to read with the naked eye.

Saving the planet ... one red rep at a time. It's what I do."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

"Yes, one of my prime duties as SGC's senior theoretical astrophysicist is to monitor and analyze the stellar drift of the red and green rep points. To do so, I have set up this display board which has immediate access to all real-time posts on the GW forum.

Allowing for the occasional brilliant supernova spectrum of blue (usually awarded only to those who have naquadah in their blood or ascended-being status), I have come to conclude that most GW posts in the green zone correlate with high intelligence, sense of humor, and ability to adapt to incoming stimuli.

The red zone, however, worries me. The correlations are suggesting cognitive dissonance such as "bad day at the office", "kick the dog", "hate my mother-in-law" and other highly charged content. In order to prevent a meltdown from the negative ions, I have backwards-engineered the control panel. The red data are being recycled into environmentally friendly nanites, too small to read with the naked eye.

Brilliant!

Comment

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                      Its not the point value that matters. When someone dings you its like they get the last word. There is no rebuttle or discussion. You were wrong and they were right.
                      I would actually see a red rep as conceding the argument in question, a forfeit if you will. They can no longer argue their own point publicly, so instead they lash out through red reps.

Kind of like a toddler kicking an adult in the shins because they failed to win an argument over whether jelly and ice cream counts as a healthy, balanced dinner.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

This is so awesome, I love it. You definitely need a green for that...but I cannot green...NOOO!!!! My life is over...I cannot green yet!!! It's only a matter of time.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

CG! You deserve extra green rep - and blue jello! (you naquadah-enhanced human!) for that post - it's wonderful!

(Since GW's green jello monitor won't let me rep you, you'll have to settle for Jack's applause... but since I know that you like RDA... it's not too bad a trade?)

Comment

A lovely Green to you. Great post.

Comment

Bravo ChopinGal! I had a great moment reading this! finally, the meaning of the red & green LED's explained!

I had a question for you all.. You often refer to the old Daniel Jackson as "Daniel", and to the changed Daniel Jackson as "Jacskon"... Why?
                              I'm a bit puzzled..

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                                Bravo ChopinGal! I had a great moment reading this! finally, the meaning of the red & green LED's explained!

I had a question for you all.. You often refer to the old Daniel Jackson as "Daniel", and to the changed Daniel Jackson as "Jacskon"... Why?
                                I'm a bit puzzled..
                                That is a mystery that remains...we can add it to the long list of things unexplained:

Bigfoot
                                UFO's
                                crop cirles
                                how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsipop.
                                Action Jackson Vs Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X