S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    Don't ya just love it when they red ya for having an opinion and they DON"T even bother to post theirs?

Here's some green!
    Too true. I think it's a bit of an abuse to red someone for having a valid opinion, I could understand if it was something very nast comment or something. Besides, I thought this was the anti thread...so I would assume it goes against everything this person thinks, more or less? Like you say, at least they could post their own opinion then.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      I guess I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum in this case. Not including Farscape, I would jump at the chance to watch BB and CB in anything and everything that's not SG-related, because I would love to see their talents utilized differently. Cam and Vala, I think, didn't live up to the potential BB and CB could've achieved under different circumstances.
      Yeah I think I will give Farscape that 2nd chance sometime just to see them in a different enviroment, and maybe I will stumble across something else they did/will do. I'll just give it a while till my memories of S9/10 start to fade away, which means me not watching it on TV in a few months time when they have gotten that far. We're still only on S6 here in Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        yeah, i got dinged by that person before on this thread just because the person didn't agree with me. so here is some green.
        Same here. Apparently, RDA was the "weekest" link in "The Shroud".

It's a pretty pointless exercise, really. People get more green rep points to counter the red than they lose in the first place.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post

It's a pretty pointless exercise, really. People get more green rep points to counter the red than they lose in the first place.
          I agree, I love everyone here and will definitely post more often in this thread. I suggest we all let each other know when we've been unfairly redded for our opinions in this thread, so we can spread some green around.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

considering that a red is -1 and a green can be worth as much as 15 to 20....reds are pretty meaningless
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              I have all four seasons of Farscape, plus the Peacekeeper Wars, all on dvd. I used to watch it all the time when it was on the tv, and obviously enjoyed it.

Now, I can't bring myself to watch those dvds because of s9 and 10 of Stargate.

I think I'm going to have to wait some time before I can bring myself to watch the dvds again, so that I can get rid of the sour taste in my mouth.

I feel so sad that something like this has happened to taint my enjoyment of two shows.
              All four?
              I only managed to get the first 3, I just couldnt stand how season 4 went. I blamed scifi and feared the same fate would happen to SG-1 and what do you know, it did.

I also didn't like PK wars too much but then I am a Stark fan. One thing I didnt like about Farscape in general was (exactly opposite of S1-S8 of stargate) how the farscape TPTB pretty much like to talk about how "bad" humanity is. It was even more annoying because as much as they claim humanity was primative and barbaric they always seem to gloss over the fact the other species were fine with slavery and genocide. Also the way the crew of Moya treated Stark was mostly quite deplorable. There is no honor in beating the crp out of crazy people even if they are annoying you. Aryen was always the most honorable person on the show...when she beat the crp out of stark it was for a good reason (well plus severe depression so I give her a pass). Oh Zahn was cool too.

So S4 didnt have Zahn, mostly didnt have Stark, had a greatly wimpified Aryen and a too full of himself and quite annoying "kewl" Crighton (who much like cam annoyed me) and then all the Uber campy and disgusting humor. A long way from the Steven Speilburg jokes and the cool John Crighton with a tough Aryen Sun that drew me to the show.

What, this isnt the farscape review thread? Your kidding?

OK S9-S10 of Stargate reminds me of S4 of farscape. The only thing in common besides 2 actors (who have no fault) is Scifi and really really bad scripts which may have been mandated by Scifi. Maybe the late season contracts require show scripts to be similar to their oh so popular scifi exclusive movies. They do all seem to have a lot in common.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                I agree, I love everyone here and will definitely post more often in this thread. I suggest we all let each other know when we've been unfairly redded for our opinions in this thread, so we can spread some green around.
                Maybe we should start a different thread for "I've been redded!" LOL. Every time you get red you can post it and embarrass the redder. *evil snicker*

I do like this thread because you can be honest and for the most part not worry about PO another person.

As far th SG-1 vs Fargate...I mean Farscape goes. I did attempt to write a Fargate cross over but found it redundant with Chriton/ayrun. However, writing for chriton's father was interesting. He had more passion to him. A father trying to find his missing son and then coming across the Stargate program.

I have three different stargate stories going all at once in my mushy brain. Now, if I can actually finish them, lol...before my hair turns completely gray.

I'm so consumed with my own little story that I have been working on for a year and a half...that I just can't seem to get in the Stargate spirit. Or, maybe it's due to the shows crappy writing for the last 2 years?

Daniel has changed so much that I actually hate Jackson. I try to keep Daniel in character but I find Daniel Jackson seems to morph into another character named Daniel that I have in my original work. Augh! Jackson has hurt my muse to the point of substituting my own character for him. I'm trying not to do that--but it's hard.

I also find I'm doing the same thing with Jack. I start to write Jack and try to keep him in character but he starts to morph into my character--Fred. (Fred is more like indiana jones)

Jack was always easy for me to write...but those two years has reduced Jack to a shadow of his former self. Jack would have had words for Thor in unending...there should have been a scene with Jack and Thor. Especially since his own son died after accidentally shooting himself.

Sam is now easier for me to write because they have reduced her to the point of a being a shell. Now Sam is like a blank outline that needs to be filled in. So, I have a story arc that would center tremendously on Sam and I have no will to write it. The story arc would be fabulous with Jacob in it. His daughter thrown into the Ori galaxy and is impregnated by the Ori to carry Adria. Nope...not gotten to chapter 2 yet.

I guess I need to kick myself to get going.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  considering that a red is -1 and a green can be worth as much as 15 to 20....reds are pretty meaningless
                  Plus a trip to the "free green" can get you plenty of green if you are that vain...
                  *admits to being vain a couple of times*

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                    Plus a trip to the "free green" can get you plenty of green if you are that vain...
                    *admits to being vain a couple of times*
                    I don't need free green because I'm charming and everyone loves me

Snerk.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      I don't need free green because I'm charming and everyone loves me

Snerk.
                      Fine--I'll red ya. Qiuck...go check.
                      Last edited by Jackie; 24 July 2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Is a red always -1?
                        A green can definitely be worth more than twenty.

You know, I don't think I've yet had the pleasure of a red on the thread. I must not utter the word "Vala" enough.

Comment

Its not the point value that matters. When someone dings you its like they get the last word. There is no rebuttle or discussion. You were wrong and they were right.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Its not the point value that matters. When someone dings you its like they get the last word. There is no rebuttle or discussion. You were wrong and they were right.
                            Most of the time it's better to think of it not as the last word, but the point where they're losing/lost the argument, stamp their feet, and storm off.
                            Last edited by smurf; 24 July 2007, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                              Most of the time it's better to think of it not as the last word, but the point where they're losing/lost the argument, stamp their feet, and storm off.
                              when i get redded...I will go to their post and green them along with a message that I didn't agree with them but I don't red people for dumb reasons.

Anyways, that gives them a nice guilt trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                when i get redded...I will go to their post and green them along with a message that I didn't agree with them but I don't red people for dumb reasons.

Anyways, that gives them a nice guilt trip.
                                That's a good one. My instinct is to instantly red them back, giving them the message that everytime they red me they'll get redded back, hopefully putting a stop to it. But generally I try to stop myself as as you said redding someone for stupid reasons is ridiculous.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Working...
                                X