S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
    Thanks, now I can't get that image out of my head.

But really Landry was creeping me out at the cabin. I don't blame Mitchell for taking those long runs.
    Now we know why Cam was running around the ship so much
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i have this horrible, horrible, sick mental image.

Clandry and...when he reaches his 'peak' he's not a screamer, he's not a moaner....he does duck calls

bawk
      bawk
      baaaawwwwwkkkkkkkk
      Okay, that one's going to give me nightmares.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Clandry and...when he reaches his 'peak' he's not a screamer, he's not a moaner....he does duck calls

bawk
        bawk
        baaaawwwwwkkkkkkkk
        Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        Thanks, now I can't get that image out of my head.
        Originally posted by ReganX View Post
        Okay, that one's going to give me nightmares.

Yes, Sky is an evil, evil woman
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

but where's the drama in everyoen living forever?

then there'd be no need for teal'c to go back using the rationale that he did -
          Spoiler:
          that he could tolerate it since he aged better

how would they rationally show time passing if everyone stayed the same?

It's also possible that the asgard materializer could just make simple stuff, not complex electronics

I'd imagine that cloning themsleves wouldn't degrade reproductive processes for at least a few generations.

But that story would take way longer than 43 minutes.

I'm just sayin'!

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            lolol, he was running away from landry

just don't pick up the soap cam!!!!!!
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, Sky is an evil, evil woman
              hey, i resemble that remark
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

lolol, he was running away from landry

just don't pick up the soap cam!!!!!!
                It's finally happened - I actually feel sorry for Mitchell about something!

I didn't think this day would ever come.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

You realize that if Daniel had Vala, and Sam had Teal'c...that left Cam and Landry

So *that's* how Cam got the job!

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

OK... I'm not sure why I keep doing this to myself...but as I was channel-flipping yesterday, I ran across Farscape... and I watched a few minutes... and there were these 'bugs' skittering around in their ship. These 'bugs' looked *a lot* like Replicator bugs (before human form Replicators became all the rage)... and they were... yep, eating the ship.

Waaaaay too similar (darn near identical) to Replicators. And this was Farscape, not Stargate.

What gives?

Why would the two shows have basically the same thing?

And...who had the idea/alien first?

Huh.

Maybe...they really are just two versions of the same show? Maybe Farscape is a very weird AU of Stargate?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
                      OK... I'm not sure why I keep doing this to myself...but as I was channel-flipping yesterday, I ran across Farscape... and I watched a few minutes... and there were these 'bugs' skittering around in their ship. These 'bugs' looked *a lot* like Replicator bugs (before human form Replicators became all the rage)... and they were... yep, eating the ship.

Waaaaay too similar (darn near identical) to Replicators. And this was Farscape, not Stargate.

What gives?

Huh.

Maybe...they really are just two versions of the same show? Maybe Farscape is a very weird AU of Stargate?

Moya had fleas!

Mitchell (and Vala to a far lesser extent I'd never have believed I'd be posting *that* comment in S9)) has left such bad feelings that I think it'll be years before I can watch anything his actor is in. Is it fair? No. But it is how I feel.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        Moya had fleas!

Mitchell (and Vala to a far lesser extent I'd never have believed I'd be posting *that* comment in S9)) has left such bad feelings that I think it'll be years before I can watch anything his actor is in. Is it fair? No. But it is how I feel.

suse
                        I think I have to agree to some degree here. I used to like Farscape and love the tv movie they had after the show was cancelled. I liked the show mainly because of the John/Aeryn ship, I liked the characters and their interaction but didn't like the show's storylines/plots, so therefore used to watch the odd episode. But after watching both BB and CB in Stargate I can't bring myself to watch Farscape ever again, because I can only just about tolerate both Cam/Vala, I don't hate them but far from love them. I used to hate Mitchell and now think he's ok and think Vala's ok without Daniel. I hate Cam season 9 and Vala with Daniel with a passion. And like you, I now wonder if I can actually watch anything with either actor in without bias.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post

What gives?

Huh.

Farscape started 1999
                          Farscape ended 2003

That ep Liars, Guns and Money(part 2) airdate was 1/12/2001

Stargate started 1997
                          Stargate just in 2005

First replicator ep was Nemesis, it's airdate was 3/10/2000

Found dates on tv.com.

So of the two Stargate did it first...probably Startrek did something similar and of course there was always the movie Runaway from 1984 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088024/) with mechanical spider galor...sorry no good pics at that link.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                            I think I have to agree to some degree here. I used to like Farscape and love the tv movie they had after the show was cancelled. I liked the show mainly because of the John/Aeryn ship, I liked the characters and their interaction but didn't like the show's storylines/plots, so therefore used to watch the odd episode. But after watching both BB and CB in Stargate I can't bring myself to watch Farscape ever again, because I can only just about tolerate both Cam/Vala, I don't hate them but far from love them. I used to hate Mitchell and now think he's ok and think Vala's ok without Daniel. I hate Cam season 9 and Vala with Daniel with a passion. And like you, I now wonder if I can actually watch anything with either actor in without bias.
                            I feel pretty much the same way. I have heard so much good about Farscape that I have been meaning to watch the show sometime. A few years ago it did air on a channel here in Sweden, and I watched a couple of eps but never really got into it. I was thinking to give it another go, but I managed to watch S9 and 10 of SG1 before that, and right now I can't bring myself to watch that other show.

In a way I think I will just keep on thinking about Cam and Vala when watching it and that may affect my judgement of it in the end. Or maybe it would only prove to me that these actors are better then what they were given on SG1, that is something I have always felt that they are worth better characters. I could tolerate Mitchell at times, but not enough. Vala I could stand whenever Daniel wasn't in the episode, but when he was I felt the urge to fast forward a few of the eps I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              Moya had fleas!

suse
                              My son was watching Farscape DVD about the same time SG-1 S9 was on. My skin crawled everytime I heard either BB or CB voice. When I heard CB voice all I could think of was Vala saying "lets make babies".

I have only seen CB in the movie Pitch Black and have never seen BB in anything. Everyone keeps saying they are great actors, maybe they are. But I won't go out of my way to watch anything they are in. I guess it funny how the characters they play can influence a persons view of the actors.
                              Last edited by Rogue; 24 July 2007, 05:59 AM.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

dude, gimme a choice of cam, daniel or teal'c.....chocolate baby. gimme chocolate.

cam and daniel would be waaayyy too high maintenance.
                                Agreed. Chocolate is way less maintenance. I mean, sometime I will have to pick the wrapper off the floor and lug it aaallll the way to bin and that can really suck when I'm being lazy.

bawk
                                bawk
                                baaaawwwwwkkkkkkkk
                                No. No, no, no! Now that image is burned into my brain! I mean, it's brilliant... but no!

Heh. I will never be able to watch Unending without thinking of that now. *snort*

And about CB and BB... I do love Farscape and I think they are brilliant. If their characters on SG suck, I don't think we can blame the actors. IMO, CB has worked well with what she was given especially in season 10.

Oh, and hi guys! I have never been in an anti thread before. It's not nearly as gloomy and *****y as I imagined! I had to pop over and check the place out because Sky mentioned the clandry bawk bawk thing. Heh.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X