No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main problem with Talion was the prominence Cam played in the episode. Shouldn't his friends of 10 years have figured in the episode? Sky makes a good point that
    Spoiler:
    Sam and Daniel knew better than to try to stop him, but it would have been nice to see them say something like that. Or a moment where Sam wishes him luck or something. They've done enough goodbyes in the gate room that I wouldn't advocate that, but maybe a conversation in the infirmary or something. Instead we got Sam reporting on their conversation. Probably to leave time for the ActionCam sequence. And should I really have enjoyed seeing Teal'c whup Cam's butt?

Comment

lol
      i need to watch it again, but yeah, the teal'c/cam stuff was kinda enjoyable...kinda like PU and vala kicking daniel's tush to pieces

i guess that i really need to watch it again and work out a missing scene or three to fill in the emotional stuff that our fine writers left out
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

what I find funny (as in odd) about the Teal'c/Cam scene

Spoiler:
        is that in the beginning of the episode they were trying to show how close the team was including Cam. So why is it that Teal'c has no problems with kicking his friends butt I think a scene with Sam and Teal'c, where Sam would talk to him and their friendship and how they feel about each other, would have been much more enjoyable than the let's see Cam get his butt kicked scene But maybe I just can't get rid of this nagging habit of wanting to see some actual drama on this show
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I haven't seen Tallion but I have one qs where are the Zats ???

Comment

well aside from the Cam/Teal'c bonding momment (yes sarcasm here)-I didn't think the episode was so horribly terrible. In fact I think it was the first episode since the Road Not Taken that i actually taped and watched. In person even. I could easily have seen this episode going down with the original crew-but I don't think Jack would have been so idiotic as to mix it up with Teal'c though.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Have a Vaniel question,sort of :
              Spoiler:
              Is Vala still married to whatshisface, Tomin?

Comment

as far as I know. I don't think they divorced or anything like that.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  i think so, yeah.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Would it matter? I mean shes not exactly the most moral person. Also, morality on the whole multiple marrage thing is dubious at best with different cultures having different perspectives on it.

Teal'c's wife got married again while still married to him and he had a "relationship" (we assume) with that one lady while his wife was still alive. Although I guess you could call them legally separated at the time since his wife did remarrry and all.

Disclaimer. The above statement in no way indicates that Vala and Teal'c are at all a like. The only thing they have in common was that they are both aliens and they were both enslaved to the goa'uld at one time. Note that that makes them like trillions of other people as well. Teal'c is no more like Vala then Jack is like Maybourn. All comparisons to them being the same are flawed as they simply disregard valas actions and personality. It would be like saying Maybourn is just like O'Neill because they were both Officers in the Airforce and Jack was a Major\Lt Col once.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

very true, bigamy is 'wrong' only as a person's religion, ethics etc make it wrong.

and what happened in unending...i wouldn't hold that against anyone.

although, not mentioning it was kinda a plot hole...but stuff like that woulda been more of that pesky baggage that they hate so much, nto to mention icky emotional stuff that they like to avoid

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        You might like Talion, after all it does give CJ a chance to have an episode about Teal'c, but after that, I really can't help you out
                        Talion:
                        Spoiler:
                        I found it too OTT. I really didn't accept that the mission was important enough for the team to seriously consider incapacitating Teal'c. If they had, I guess all of them would have planned to capture him.

What was really OTT to me was that Teal'c was fighting hand-to-hand with two serious staff wounds. Yes, he was getting his butt kicked, but I question whether he would be able to fight at all. It seemed unrealistic that he would be able to win at the end. That handy bit of decoration sticking out of the wall seems far too convenient to me.

Can you say Deus Ex Machina?
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                          Would it matter? I mean shes not exactly the most moral person. Also, morality on the whole multiple marrage thing is dubious at best with different cultures having different perspectives on it.

Teal'c's wife got married again while still married to him and he had a "relationship" (we assume) with that one lady while his wife was still alive. Although I guess you could call them legally separated at the time since his wife did remarrry and all.

Disclaimer. The above statement in no way indicates that Vala and Teal'c are at all a like. The only thing they have in common was that they are both aliens and they were both enslaved to the goa'uld at one time. Note that that makes them like trillions of other people as well. Teal'c is no more like Vala then Jack is like Maybourn. All comparisons to them being the same are flawed as they simply disregard valas actions and personality. It would be like saying Maybourn is just like O'Neill because they were both Officers in the Airforce and Jack was a Major\Lt Col once.
                          Yes, all you say is true, but it just seems to me that something will have to happen to
                          Spoiler:
                          Tomin (and may be happening to him right now during movie filming). The did have him in LITS, so they didn't just forget about him like they have with other characters. And if there is a Vaniel finale(ugh), I sorta doubt they'd ignore the marriage, as TPTB aren't alien. yet

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Technically yes. Unless he's died.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                              Technically yes. Unless he's died.
                              Not only is Vala still married to Tomin. She also lied to him and made him believe Adria was his child. Went as far as to marry him after she knew she was pregnant--to pass Tomin off as the father.

The prior told him she wasn't his and crushed him with the news.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Spoiler:

Does it matter? It's not like she had conservative (Earth) sensabilities. If this were S9 Vala I'd say *any* sensabilities... But yeah, I think they still are.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X