No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Q and 5Q -10 Q or in other words- thank you!

like the old joke
    what is 5Q and 5 Q?

10Q!

you're welcome
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      sounds like revisionist reasoning to me

Jack promoting cam for 'any position he chose' was out of character for jack, but necessary for marty stu mitchell...but instead of acknowledging that, they'll just revise jack's personality to suit how they need him to be rather than how he is
      It just another reason why Cam wasn't accepted by fans. It has to be believable, this wasn't.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Jack promoting cam for 'any position he chose' was out of character for jack, but necessary for marty stu mitchell...but instead of acknowledging that, they'll just revise jack's personality to suit how they need him to be rather than how he is
        Jack? Jack who? They never mention anyone named Jack.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Did Jack offer everyone in the squad any job they wanted, or just the one that got shot down?
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

revisionist reasoning makes me laugh Like when people were saying in S9 that Cam had no experience to be a SG leader...then all of sudden in s10... but dude look he was special ops trained

Yea, tell me another one
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              revisionist reasoning makes me laugh Like when people were saying in S9 that Cam had no experience to be a SG leader...then all of sudden in s10... but dude look he was special ops trained

Yea, tell me another one
              Yeah, it seems in S9/10 TPTB were constantly back peddling to cover up bad decisions.

Rogue

Comment

They somehow thought we wouldn't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  They somehow thought we wouldn't notice.
                  which is probably why they tried to slip that one line in, in hopes fans wouldn't really notice it, but subliminally would think..."didn't he have special ops training"
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

which is probably why they tried to slip that one line in, in hopes fans wouldn't really notice it, but subliminally would think..."didn't he have special ops training"
                    Too bad we all saw the first 3 minutes of Babylon and it was obvious the dude had no training and was dangerous, to his team
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                      Yeah, it seems in S9/10 TPTB were constantly back peddling to cover up bad decisions.
                      or, more likely, poorly thought out decisions

coop has a bad habit of looking for and at the now, not episodes down the line. and because he only seems to look at 'the now' they are constantly caught off guard by oops moments when, what worked in eps 3, bites them in the tush for eps 9
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea, tell me another one
                        cameron became what the story needed him to become

they consistently and constantly sacrifice the characters for the plot
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                          yeah and he also went out with SG-22
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Ah but he said "WITHIN REASON" and what they did was not reasonable. I refuse to believe that Jack had anything to do with his assignment to the SGC. What's the current conspiracy theory? General Magwich?
                            Yes, old Babs has a lot to answer for.

My other theory, inspired by the Mitchell in "The Road Not Taken", is that it was a publicity stunt that went a little too far. Hayes was smart enough to know that the Stargate Program was going to go public eventually and that when it did, people would probably be pretty ticked off that it had been kept a secret for so long. He didn't have Weir as the face of the SGC anymore and Jack isn't exactly someone who's going to behave for the cameras, so he needed a new poster child.

A pilot who almost died trying to save Earth, who pushed himself to walk again to realize his dream of joining an SG team would be an excellent candidate and if Mitchell had been interested in being on an SG team, chances are some of the people he worked with would have been aware of that.

Maybe Hayes didn't expect Mitchell to specify SG-1, but wouldn't having the poster child on the flagship team be better still? There was an empty spot after all so at some point after "Lockdown", Hayes gave his blessing and let Jack know that SG-1 would have a new member once Mitchell was fit for duty.

Mitchell himself need not have been aware of why he was getting the much sought-after fourth spot on SG-1; he was being offered everything he wanted on a silver plate and wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Was Sam deliberately transferred away so that they could go a step further and put Mitchell in the even more prominent position of leader of the flagship or was the timing of her departure just incredibly convenient? We'll never know.

I had to invent a new backstory for a story I'm co-writing and the only logical reason behind Sam's transfer to Area 51 that I could come up with is that she was there primarily to take part in the design and construction of a ship she was intended to command, a top secret project that had to be put on the back burner when Daniel was so helpful as to point out our galaxy to the Ori.

In the absence of an explanation that makes sense, I've adopted it as canon.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            And I love that in the barf making "let's fly with O'Neill" supposed stamp of approval that Jack never said what he thought about Mitchell, just what Landry thought. Careful evasion it looked to me.
                            That's exactly what it was. Jack studiously avoided giving his own opinion on Mitchell and considering that Jack isn't exactly shy about voicing his opinions, I'd have to wonder what he really thinks about Mitchell.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                              That's exactly what it was. Jack studiously avoided giving his own opinion on Mitchell and considering that Jack isn't exactly shy about voicing his opinions, I'd have to wonder what he really thinks about Mitchell.
                              And the fact that the writers went that route, I think, speaks to the fact that they must've been pretty aware of how incredibly off this entire arrangement was. They easily could've written Jack as saying, "I think you're going to do great" or some other lame encouragement, but they stayed relatively true to the character by evading his opinion altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                                And the fact that the writers went that route, I think, speaks to the fact that they must've been pretty aware of how incredibly off this entire arrangement was. They easily could've written Jack as saying, "I think you're going to do great" or some other lame encouragement, but they stayed relatively true to the character by evading his opinion altogether.
                                Maybe they did; didn't RDA sometimes adlib or change his lines? Maybe he knew Jack better than they did.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X