No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITA. I think it's pretty much a given that Vaniel will be a huge focus of the first movie with Coop at the helm there, but I am a bit more hopeful for the second film.

Comment

I fully expect the ark of truth to be nothing but Vaniel. No Jack, no real interaction with the rest of the cast. Just Vaniel and the Bori. Thus, I have no intension of buying the DVD.

I'm holding judgment on the second movie, though. Only becuase RDA is in the movie though. I somehow hope that it will be more like the SG-1 of the old days.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        I fully expect the ark of truth to be nothing but Vaniel. No Jack, no real interaction with the rest of the cast. Just Vaniel and the Bori. Thus, I have no intension of buying the DVD.

I'm holding judgment on the second movie, though. Only becuase RDA is in the movie though. I somehow hope that it will be more like the SG-1 of the old days.
        I don't hold out any hope for the first one either, unfortunately it will probably have an effect on the second one. If you don't like the first movie you probably won't buy the second one
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

it depends

the casual fan might give movie 2 a pass if they base their decision on their liking of the first one - or un-liking.

the hard core fen however, they know what their preferences are and will buy accordingly
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Saddly I feel like a dog who has been kicked one too many times. I have no hope for either movie...and not much for Atlantis. If I have hope and get all happy I will probably just get kicked again. I snarl at TPTB every chance I get now.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
              The Baffled and The Bewildered.
              Valass

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                ITA. I think it's pretty much a given that Vaniel will be a huge focus of the first movie with Coop at the helm there, but I am a bit more hopeful for the second film.
                If Tomin is in it maybe we will get a threesome. Vanielin or Tovaniel.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                  Same here. Sad there was a time when I couldn't wait for the box sets to be released.
                  I have all the box sets that I need. S1-8 has filled up my shelf. I will not own the complete collection.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i hold out hope for the second one though. brad seems to have a more balanced writing ability
                  As do I. I might see the first movie via Netflix. I may do the same with the second, before I buy that one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                    I have all the box sets that I need. S1-8 has filled up my shelf. I will not own the complete collection.
                    Ah, but you do own the entire collection of Stargate SG-1. You just don't have that lousy addendum series Faux Stargate Command

As do I. I might see the first movie via Netflix. I may do the same with the second, before I buy that one.
                    Unless someone I trust tells me the first one is great I'm not going to even bother checking it out. The second movie has possibilities but again my money will not leave my hands until someone I trust recommends it, if it's only OK then I'll probably see it via QuickFlix.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Ah, but you do own the entire collection of Stargate SG-1. You just don't have that lousy addendum series Faux Stargate Command

Unless someone I trust tells me the first one is great I'm not going to even bother checking it out. The second movie has possibilities but again my money will not leave my hands until someone I trust recommends it, if it's only OK then I'll probably see it via QuickFlix.
                      I'll be coming to this thread to look for reviews about the movie...that is if anyone here watches it
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        I'll be coming to this thread to look for reviews about the movie...that is if anyone here watches it
                        I am sure there will be somebody who will fall on the sword for us.
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

someone will

their curiosity will be overwhelming
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            You are absolutely right. I didn't think of it that way!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                              I am sure there will be somebody who will fall on the sword for us.
                              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              someone will

their curiosity will be overwhelming
                              I'll probably check it out ! Like I said before I have friends that'll buy any crap if it's labelled "Stargate" !

Comment

I have to admit I was suprised when I saw the S10 cover and couldn't help but laugh. I nearly didn't look because I was expecting Daniel & Vala to be in the front with Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell in the background.

I agree that Vala should be on there even if I have issues with the character,
                                who knows maybe this isn't the final version or they'll say it was a mistake or something

Apparently some people are saying they won't buy the DVDs because Vala isn't on the cover

As for the movies well I'll probably give in and watch them as soon as they come out, I'm sure the first movie will be D/V heavy but I am at least hoping that they are done with the shipping after unending, but that is for another thread.
                                I have more hope for the second one but these days I don't hold my breath to expect anything from TPTB.....

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
                                X