No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB seems like a very nice person. In interviews he is always very respectful of SG-1 past and seems like a real team player.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
      BB seems like a very nice person. In interviews he is always very respectful of SG-1 past and seems like a real team player.
      Except when he says stupid disrespectful things like "Welcome to Season 2" (It may be 2 for him, or was he thinking about S2 of "Stargate Command"). Anyways I've never seen him before SG-1, and "Mitchell" ruined "Farscape" for me when I tried to watch later !

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        The older eps were character driven plots. Not device driven plots. When the show hit skiffy it changed from character driven to device driven. Lucky for the series that characters were well stablished so they could pull it off.

but TPTB only want the device driven plots now. So, there is little focus on the characters...
        Truer words were never spoken! My thoughts exactly. I stopped watching SG-1 back when S9 started. I tired to give Mitchell a shot, but he grew annoying very quickly. Very, very quickly. I love SGA; to me it has all of the elements that SG-1 had back when the show was actually good and more.

The same lack of character devlopment plagues SGA too. The only real devopment is with Rodney and Sheppard. The rest are just sort of there. I really don't hold out much hope for a season 5. Unless the show can pull really good ratings by the end of season 4. However, with all the changes--I fear that Stagate Command will still be on the air. Just under the title of Stargate Atlantis.
        Well, we've been promised some character development for Ronon and Teyla and a bit more background for Shep (yay! Squee! *ahem*). From the spoilers, S4 sounds great but at the same time it could be very cheesy
        Spoiler:
        (Teyla pregnant?!?! Wah??!!! When did this turn into SoapGate Atlantis!?).
        Here's hopin'! *crosses fingers*

BTW, how many people are gonna check out SGA next season?
        Last edited by Skydiver; 27 April 2007, 04:46 PM.
        click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Hey scifi_lemon - I agree. I was a bit iffy on SGA when it first started but I figured I'd give it a chance. I like it better than SG-1 now because, as you said, it seems to have all the elements that SG-1 had once upon a time (IMHO of course). I remember seeing a kind of nice (again IMHO) team moment at the end of McKay and Mrs. Miller for example and thinking to myself, "hey, I can remember when SG-1 had scenes like this. Shame it doesn't anymore."

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way

I'm going to check out S4 of SGA. I'm not too happy with some of the things I've been hearing about it, but I'm going to wait and see what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
            Truer words were never spoken! My thoughts exactly. I stopped watching SG-1 back when S9 started. I tired to give Mitchell a shot, but he grew annoying very quickly. Very, very quickly. I love SGA; to me it has all of the elements that SG-1 had back when the show was actually good and more.

Well, we've been promised some character development for Ronon and Teyla and a bit more background for Shep (yay! Squee! *ahem*). From the spoilers, S4 sounds great but at the same time it could be very cheesy (Teyla pregnant?!?! Wah??!!! When did this turn into SoapGate Atlantis!?). Here's hopin'! *crosses fingers*

BTW, how many people are gonna check out SGA next season?
            I think that will depend on what night and time and what the line up will be. If they give keep friday night and give SGA the 8 pm slot and follow it with two good shows--SGA will do great. if they keep it at nine and have a iffy lead--like PKJ or something stupid--then there would hopefully be a good show to follow SGA.

If skiffy sandwiches SGA between two really bad shows---it's sunk!

If skiffy sandwiches SGA between two really good show--it will fly.

If Skiffy leads SGA and has two bad shows following it. It will do okay--but not as good as if there were good shows following it.

I personally hope skiffy bumps up SGA to SG-1's time slot and then puts two good shows after it. Also--if the two that follows suck, I can switch the channel and still have most of friday night.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

This episode would be laughable if it wasn't so sad how they've butchered a once-mighty franchise and turned it into nothing but a vehicle for cheap propaganda.

Last week it was clumsy, ham-handed religious commentary "My grandma said God was like a prairie windstorm..."

This week it's clumsy, ham-handed political commentary "I'm not going to let you subvert democracy..."

Oh well, we still have Atlantis.
              Shallow are the Ori!
              sigpic

Comment

if they were smart, it'd be bsg, dr who, atlantis and friday night's ratings would probably go up
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would keep the three shows but change the order. BSG needs to be the last shown because of the sheer amount of violence. While I would prefer SGA occupy the middle slot, SciFi would have to lead in with the show with the stronger ratings. IIRC, that would be SGA, which would then put Dr. Who in the middle.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

i could see that

in the first part of the season

sga
                    dr who
                    bsg

in the second half

eureka
                    sga
                    bsg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller View Post
                      This episode would be laughable if it wasn't so sad how they've butchered a once-mighty franchise and turned it into nothing but a vehicle for cheap propaganda.

Last week it was clumsy, ham-handed religious commentary "My grandma said God was like a prairie windstorm..."

This week it's clumsy, ham-handed political commentary "I'm not going to let you subvert democracy..."

Oh well, we still have Atlantis.
                      Once again.....glad I missed it.
                      Oh and on Atlantis.....yeah I made it all the way up until Luciouses (sp-whatever) first line and then I bailed. I thought, THOUGHT I may be able to watch an ep with that guest character but to actually be presented with him proved I thought wrong.

So I rate my 1 min of Stargate as "fair" as their seemed to be some team banter at the beginning of the ep. Too bad they had such a crptacularly concieved guest star.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                        Oh and on Atlantis.....yeah I made it all the way up until Luciouses (sp-whatever) first line and then I bailed. I thought, THOUGHT I may be able to watch an ep with that guest character but to actually be presented with him proved I thought wrong.

So I rate my 1 min of Stargate as "fair" as their seemed to be some team banter at the beginning of the ep. Too bad they had such a crptacularly concieved guest star.
                        I kept looking for Nevin.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post

Oh, (German word for poop) Taht's what's on SGA this week? Well, do I want to gouge out the eyes? Not tonight.

I really with TRNT had been paced better.
                          Spoiler:
                          AT did a great job again though. Coulda done without Mitchell. Jack in there woulda been cool. Didn't miss Action Jackson at all.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I liked tonights ep (especially over SGA) more than most of the others I have seen. It had more of the classic drama to it. Perhaps because it wasn't Vaniel centered. Not Sam/Jack either. Just Sam and bad policies that Landry made.

Would have liked to have known where Jack was in that reality. Why Sam never asked about him too.

My only real complaint about the ep was the having the Ori as the enemy. I would rather it have been the Goa'uld or some unknown threat that our Earth has no found yet.

it would have been nice if Sam had brought some info back to her reality that would have helped them. I always wonder why the show's set reality is always the better one. Why not send Sam to a reality that she really didn't want to leave?

Maybe one where her father is alive and so is Janet. Perhaps a reality where she has a family and kids that adore her. (she doesn't have to be married to Jack or Pete.) Maybe a reality where her alternate is killed and she becomes attached to her alternates child. Something where she knows she has to go back, she can't bring the child with her and leaving the child makes him/her and orphan.

Anyways, I'm glad Sam finally got an ep all to herself!
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Maybe one where her father is alive and so is Janet. Perhaps a reality where she has a family and kids that adore her. (she doesn't have to be married to Jack or Pete.) Maybe a reality where her alternate is killed and she becomes attached to her alternates child. Something where she knows she has to go back, she can't bring the child with her and leaving the child makes him/her and orphan.

Anyways, I'm glad Sam finally got an ep all to herself!
                              Yeah I thought that would have been great too. I remember reading some spoilers some time ago where it said something like she would see someone in the other reality she never expected to see. I was really hoping for it to be Jacob or Janet. I suppose what they ment was Hammond? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing him again as always, but I think she could see him at anytime in her own reality. And it was kind of odd she never asked about Jack too. I still enjoyed the ep though, it was one of the better ones in S10. And it was really much better than SGA "Irresponsible".

Comment

there was a fanfic AU that was so tragic it was wonderful angst

AU sam was involved with jack - natch - but they hated each other. because, while he was distracted with sam, that's when charlie killed himself...and jack blamed sam.

so when au sam showed up he was a complete and total ass to her, we're talking hate on a Jack scale

I can't quite agree with how the characters acted once they got back, but i liked the premise that they're not friends in every universe. that something could happen to make them hate each other...and that sam would bring knowledge of that back to her universe

I like the child idea, or her mother was still alive, or jacob. what if jonas H hadn't been a psycho, or had been a psycho, and she had thier child in the AU.

I dunno, alternate universes are such rich, untapped potential. and it was kinda sad to see trnt just dip its toes in and then de-commit and settle for the pat and easy to wrap up

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X