S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    it is precisely what they're doing now. they're taking daniel's word,taken from oma who is of the group/species that has been known to experiement on sentient beings, to create genocidal bugs, who meddled and messed with other races (the black cloud episode, the plague one, The Game) and we're taking THEIR word for the evilness of the ori.

we have no proof. and yet we're still sticking our noses into a mess that we know nothing about adn lording around and telling people waht to do and committing genocide cause...well oma said that they were bad

and if oma said sg1 should jump off a bridge would they do it too? we made a weapon and -theoretically - murdered a whole race cause, well oma said they were bad.

I seem to recall TNG picard taking an alien to task for doing the very same thing...he'd taken human form, lived with a woman, fallen in love with her and when aliens killed her he killed ALL of the aliens. not justthe ones that attacked his planet, but ALL of them, every single one in the universe.

The 'moral high ground' that we're on right now is about as steady as an arctic ice floe.

But Oma didn't say the Ori were bad. Daniel did! Haven't seen Oma since season 8. Olin said they were feeding off the worshipers to gain power to destroy the other ascended.

Daniel said they were evil becuase they would kill all non believers and were asscociated with fire. Also, Vala said they were evil. That during her "time" in Ori land. She noted that the Ori really didn't have a code of conduct as long as you prayed to them.

They have yet to prove the ori become more powerful via prayer.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

so we've basically implemented genocide on the word of a twice dead 'flaky' human, a thief and liar ex-host and an alien that hid on earth

yep, stellar references there

I think the only plot twist now that would be totally cool woudl be to find out in AoT that Daniel never descended, it was anubis all along and he played the others and that we killed a race of people on false info

the 'evilness' of the ori has more holes in it than a swiss cheese convention
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

But he's Daniel. He can do no wrong! He's the golden boy of SG-1.

Pilot of season 1, Stargate Universe--the 9th chevron;

"But, it wasn't me. It was Anubis the entire time."
        "Why did you all listen to me in the first place? You know--there really is a sucker born every minute."
        "But I want to retire. Carter--do something."
        "We could reverse the polarity of buffers of the abercherky drive and then reroute the phase emitters into the quantum power grind and reverse time so none of that ever happened."
        "Great. Fishing anyone?"
        "I have to write a thousand word essay and how I will not let Anubis take my body again."
        "I'm off to bigger and better things. bye Daniel--been fun."
        "Um, I really would rather go to this convention."
        "Come O'Neill. Spiderman 3 is comming."

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Speaking of Coop, I saw a bit of that special on Friday night and it made me ill, listening to him expound about the new great villan...oy where did I put my buckets
          Makes me glad I skipped it.

Comment

i think that's probably the saddest thing, had thier contempt for the 'baggage of hte past' been a little less, they could have taken the show on a new route and made it work. cam and vala could have been added, so could have the ori and it woujld have worked

but it's like coop deliberately went out of his way to diss 8 years of history and back story in his quest to put forth his own creation.
            I'm so with you. Just because RCC was feeling jaded and bored or whatever, doesn't mean the *audience* was. Use what has worked for 8 years and then bring in some new stuff for the characters to deal with. You could have had the best of both worlds. I wonder if some of the problem is this idea of the "franchise" rather than storytelling...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              But he's Daniel. He can do no wrong! He's the golden boy of SG-1.
              The same golden boy who was told, quite scornfully, that the Stargate Program didn't exist to satisfy his curiousity?

In any case, if he was Anubis-in-Daniel he wouldn't be Daniel and therefore could do plenty of wrong.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

so we've basically implemented genocide on the word of a twice dead 'flaky' human, a thief and liar ex-host and an alien that hid on earth

yep, stellar references there

I think the only plot twist now that would be totally cool woudl be to find out in AoT that Daniel never descended, it was anubis all along and he played the others and that we killed a race of people on false info

the 'evilness' of the ori has more holes in it than a swiss cheese convention
                That would be cool, but I'd settle for Daniel as Adria's witless pawn.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  That makes a lot of sense. But I thought that BSG and the other series were on par with Stargate's ratings. And I thought that Eureka had done better than both of them. I know they're also utilizing a lot of failed network scifi series, like Jake 2.0 and the like.
                  I was only referring to the performance of reruns of their originals, not the performance of first runs. SciFi doesn't show BSG's and Eureka's either. The poor performance of reruns was the topic of a recent article in Variety and it is bigger than a SciFi problem. Those failed shows do get higher ratings than reruns do.

What's the order or series' performance, from best to worst this year - including Eureka and The Dresden Files?
                  I believe if you calculated a 12-month average from April '06 to March '07, you'd get: (and this is only for original series, not including repeats)

1. Eureka
                  2. ECW
                  3. Atlantis & SG-1 (virtual tie)
                  4. BSG
                  5. Dresden Files
                  6. Ghost Hunters
                  7. Who Wants to Be a Superhero
                  8. Dr. Who

Comment

Wow, BSG has fallen behind SGA and SG-1? I thought that was their golden series.

Dresden files never intrested me much. Ghost Hunters is just to lame to even watch. Super hero? Oy. I am surprised DR who is last on the list. I figured that would do better.

ECW is just mind boggling. How can it even get good ratings and still be on skiffy. (maybe it just goes to show skiffy truely sucks in it's menu)

Eureka never really cought my attention. I tried to watch it but found it too...cliche over all.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      The same golden boy who was told, quite scornfully, that the Stargate Program didn't exist to satisfy his curiousity?

In any case, if he was Anubis-in-Daniel he wouldn't be Daniel and therefore could do plenty of wrong.
                      Maybe he forgot?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        Wow, BSG has fallen behind SGA and SG-1? I thought that was their golden series.

Dresden files never intrested me much. Ghost Hunters is just to lame to even watch. Super hero? Oy. I am surprised DR who is last on the list. I figured that would do better.

ECW is just mind boggling. How can it even get good ratings and still be on skiffy. (maybe it just goes to show skiffy truely sucks in it's menu)
                        Eureka never really cought my attention. I tried to watch it but found it too...cliche over all.
                        I think those fans don't really care what channel the brain dead show is on, as long as they can see the carnage
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ECW stands for some kind of wrestling ?
                          What does it do on Sci-fi ?

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                            Absolutely nothing, unless Thor suddenly beams down in the middle of the ring Oops, I better not give them any ideas
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Absolutely nothing, unless Thor suddenly beams down in the middle of the ring Oops, I better not give them any ideas
                              Better copywrite that - it may be Sciffy next big hit!
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                                Then the Furlings show up to take the show to the next level higher. Wormhole Extreme Wrestling. or WEW.

Comment

Working...
                                X