X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    In stargate
    Spoiler:
    the asgard blow themselves up and give everything they have now to the humans. The same humans who had people among them that would steal from the asgard. The same humans who had people among them that used chemical weapons on their own Allies. The same humans who have slimy power hungry politicians who the asgard had to pretty much blackmail into not getting control of the gate. The same humans who have theif\slavers on their flagship team.

Now the asgard are gone wont the Chinese and French and slimy politicians now take control of the stargate and the asgard fleet? In that Stargate universe people should be afraid, very very very afraid. Because just like they do whatever the hell they want with the people in the Pegasus galaxy they will now do in the Milkyway. They ARE the AU SG teams that screw over the universe.

Thankfully in my cannon the asgard are still alive and wise enough not to give over their tech even though they have the comforting knownledge of the true SG-1 exploring the galaxy.
    Spoiler:
    If the US government has the Asgard technology and doesn't feel like sharing, it's going to be pretty tough to force them to give it up.

One question - all of the Earth based ships have had Asgard technology in their systems, so why is it only now that the Ori can track them through it?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      Spoiler:
      If the US government has the Asgard technology and doesn't feel like sharing, it's going to be pretty tough to force them to give it up.

One question - all of the Earth based ships have had Asgard technology in their systems, so why is it only now that the Ori can track them through it?
      I don't think any of the governments would be sharing the new technology. Yet, the UN has a lot of control according to season 9. TPTB will probably have a major power struggle in one of the movies. Of course, major power struggle by thier defintion could be a ten minute dialog.

As far as the Ori tracking---I have no idea. Plot hole I would imagine.

Dispite how useless the Mitchell character has been. I would have to give BB a lot more credit than the most of the cast. He was hired as a lead that never panned out due to the writing. But he did really well with the material he was given and is still a professional about the whole situation. Even agreed to return for movies and still seems down to Earth. He was so humble in the behind the scenes and takes everything in stride.

I would also have to give a lot of credit to AT for remaining so professional after being shoved aside from lead for the Vala character. (CB deserves credit for trying to even play Vala) She agreed to do more movies and honored her contract for Atlantis knowing some fans would be upset with move.

If I could only have lunch with one stargate actor and actress, I would take Bowder and Tapping for being so humble.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
        Well from previous eps it seems that TPTB think its OK for our "heroes" to commit genocide and they seem to indicate that slavery, date rape, attempted murder, and general lying, thieving and sexual harassment are all funny so what did you expect?
        Foolishly?

Brains.

Seems like the plot was written by an emotive 14 years old emotive nerdy girl.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I was actually completing my colelction of SG-1 DVDs, but such a crappy episode literally put a halt in my campaign. I'm now stuck at season 7, and I can't find any will to buy the 8th one. The simple idea of knowing that there's a ****ty episode like Unending in season 10 literally kills my wish to buy it, no matter how good The Shroud was as a matter of fact, for example.

I may buy them from second hand market.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

or do what a lot of folks do, rent them from netflix and rip the 'good' episodes and create a custom season
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              or do what a lot of folks do, rent them from netflix and rip the 'good' episodes and create a custom season
              Yep, that sounds about right, but S9 and 10 put together would be a very short custom season
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Okay then Unending, my third episode of season 10:

Spoiler:
                Basing it on the level "I don't really care anymore, it's just a TV show" the episode itself was fine. Not great, not terrible. Just fine. Like calling something "nice". A wall of bland unfeeling.

The good points:
                I quite liked both Cam - I did feel for him, the poor guy. It wasn't exactly what he signed up for. And he was the only one remembering the show was meant to be Stargate: SG-1, so double points for him - and Vala - just general kudos to CB. She had an awful character to play with and she did her best with it. Selling the shouty acting is easy, but selling the quiet stuff in the middle of a lot of ropey, soap-opera sci-fi takes some doing.
                Wait that's sort of only one point... uh, the special effects were quite good.

The bad points:
                Shall we gloss over the Asgard like the PTB did?
                No let's not. It was stupid, and out of character, for them to decide to commit suicide. It was stupid, and out of character, for them to decide to hand over everything to one planet, and in particular, one ship. I'm assuming, unless there was some major Asgard war I missed out on, they were still quite capable of producing a number of high class war ships. Would it not have been wiser to have built/upgraded a number of those, and handed them over instead?
                Also, I'm sorry, but why did they just run away as soon as a couple of piddly (relative to the Asgard) Ori ships turned up? Surely you would just blow them up with the weapons you had available (for example those on the ship), and carry on fixing the Odyssey(?sorry I don't know which of our numerous Earth ships we are on now ). If I were the owner of the Odyssey(?) I'd complain about the completely half-arsed job they did. Or I would, except they all committed suicide.

Let's not ask where this magic desease suddenly came from shall we? Since logic dictates that since they stopped making copies, of copies, of copies etc. of the body they are using, the degeneration in quality would not have continued. Unless they were all deseased by S5 and, you know, wanted to keep it private.
                Oh, and no-one cares that an entire race just went kaput, because we've got all their cool stuff!

Daniel Jackson irritates me to the nth degree. There just isn't much there to like anymore. I blamed the make-up in The Shroud for the coldness, but no make-up here. Horribly cold, and self-involved.

The directing was pretty bland throughout, so I will blame the strange "looking at some random mid-point", when Daniel was meant to be looking at Vala, on the bad camera angle. I did get annoyed at the constant reverse angle back and forth between Sam and Thor. Stop. That. Right. Now. It. Is. Boring.

Did Teal'c actually do anything except that bit at the end? But Teal'c's always cool. I'd put that as a good point, but let's just take it as read.

Oh Landry, why were you there? People have complained about the pointlessness of Cam in this episode - yes he did little, but at least he added some emotional weight to being trapped - but Landry did nothing, added nothing, and shouldn't have been there since he is the base commander the last I checked. It's a boring desk job, bad luck. It's not as if he was there to oversee the destruction of Anubis' mothership (for example).
                Also BeauB doesn't act well against nothing. The blank expression/reaction to OMG Ori ship, OMG we've been hit, OMG we've hit back, was very distracting from someone of his calliber.

Other points:
                Ew, Thor looked sweaty.
                Why did no one offer to help Sam in three months?
                I thought Teal'c was meant to be 101 in The Light. 101 + 50 = 130? Mind you, Daniel is meant to be 42 in canon.
                Poor Vala, like a cuckcoo chick she's gone and imprinted on the wrong person. There must be someone better for her out there. It felt... one-sided.
                We haven't done anything to deserve to be the fifth race.
                That "Godspeed" at the end was completely unnecessary. Way to dynamite a good final line/word/team moment.

Heh, look I nearly forgot.
                It's the end of ten years of STARGATE: SG-1. It would have been nice to have used the STARGATE.

Not an episode which would inspire me to go seek out the DVD movies. Especially compared to other "it's the end" episodes.
                S8 really was the end.
                S7 was the end, but had a "but you can't leave Jack that way!" element of grabbing us into what happens next.
                S6 was the end... of a chapter, but heavily hinted there was more excitement to come.

S10 didn't end anything. But it did give us a
                Spoiler:
                spanking new super spaceship which can destroy the Ori enemy in a single bound!
                Way to tie the hands of the first movie guys! So what, the Odyssey is going to be under repair for the whole of the first film until the final moment when it can deux ex machina our heroes to safety?

In all, given that they had a real opportunity to go out on a high, slap-dash and short-sighted.

Comment

Hitting on a few thing brought up,

It annoys me to no end that Vala is always THROWING herself at Daniel. I mean, after the first rejection one would figure that she would move on to better things and better lovers. We would anyone keep throwing themselves at the same cold guy?

Vala should have dumped Daniel for Teal'c. Teal'c don't take her crap and he likes her.

Landry has been below BB acting ability...I would agree with previous post.

Lost RDA so they hired 3 heavy hitter stars and under utilized thier acting talent pool.

Comment

I agree re: Vala throwing herself at Daniel. When we didn't really get much of that in S10, especially in the second half, it was refreshing and it made me respect her some more. It made me think that she could accept him as a friend and would stop throwing herself at him. What happened in Unending seemed like a step back for the character, like she is back to her old ways again (and which makes me wonder if she'd been that way the whole time but for some reason was deceiving everyone). I thought "here we go again."

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Not only was she not a thought in their mind she would have been disregarded immediately. I seem to remember Wright saying something about not needing "that" type of character when MGM tried to force Tok"ra Spice on them. They were more than happy to kick her to the curb saying "Our fans are too smart to go for the obvious T&A". Apparently we they regressed

Amen! The show was so much better when mature adults such as Anderson, Glassner and Wright were involved.

After reading these comments, I'm going to skip the (not so) grand finale.

Fraid so. Movie #1 is Coop's and it's the final chapter of the Ori...or as we've so nicely been putting it 'Vaniel and the Bori'
                      More Bori! Why? They're incredible dull and I have yet to find one person who actually enjoys them or thinks that the Bori storyline is anything but a dull rehash of the original 'aliens posing as gods to control humans' plot.

As for Vaniel, I detest Vala and don't care for 'Jackson'. Obviously, the real Daniel Jackson died in ancient Egypt and this 'Jackson' is some weird alternate timeline version.
                      Last edited by diversky; 16 March 2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diversky View Post
                        Amen! The show was so much better when mature adults such as Anderson, Glassner and Wright were involved.

After reading these comments, I'm going to skip the (not so) grand finale.

More Bori! Why? They're incredible dull and I have yet to find one person who actually enjoys them or thinks that the Bori storyline is anything but a dull rehash of the original 'aliens posing as gods to control humans' plot.

As for Vaniel, I detest Vala and don't care for 'Jackson'. Obviously, the real Daniel Jackson died in ancient Egypt and this 'Jackson' is some weird alternate timeline version.
                        Maybe it's not Daniel that descended naked in Jack's office. maybe we really have Anubis causing all the problems and Daniel is still eating waffles.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                          I agree re: Vala throwing herself at Daniel. When we didn't really get much of that in S10, especially in the second half, it was refreshing and it made me respect her some more. It made me think that she could accept him as a friend and would stop throwing herself at him.
                          But don't you know it's FUN to write those exceedingly CLEVER exchanges between the two of them? Character development? BO-RING! sigh

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            But don't you know it's FUN to write those exceedingly CLEVER exchanges between the two of them? Character development? BO-RING! sigh
                            Not to mention more than a tad nauseating.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

but, but, but she's so cheeky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

course, it's not her cheeks that they focus on

Honestly though, vala and cam, AS WRITTEN would have worked in a totally new and fresh show. We'd know from the getgo that it was a spoof and sheer silliness and could accept the plot holes and the like (kinda like i do iwth Dr Who)

but they tried to have thier cake and eat it too and we got fun, larky and cheeky spoof under the umbrella of a respected, 'realistic' and enjoyable show

stargate's become an oxymoron, kinda like coop's two favorite characters
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                but, but, but she's so cheeky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

course, it's not her cheeks that they focus on

Honestly though, vala and cam, AS WRITTEN would have worked in a totally new and fresh show. We'd know from the getgo that it was a spoof and sheer silliness and could accept the plot holes and the like (kinda like i do iwth Dr Who)

but they tried to have thier cake and eat it too and we got fun, larky and cheeky spoof under the umbrella of a respected, 'realistic' and enjoyable show

stargate's become an oxymoron, kinda like coop's two favorite characters
                                Yea then I wouldn't have had to waste my time watching it, because I sure don't watch Dr. Who
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X