X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the way you think Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      I think they should clone Sam so Daniel will have a good woman for once. That way Sam would also have someone who could understand what she was talking about in physics.

I also want to believe that Thor and all the asgard have found a cure to thier gentic problem and the Asgard rise from the ashes once more.
      Something for Athena, maybe...

Could the Asgard have been downloaded into human (or humanoid) clones instead of Asgard? They'd retain their knowledge and their new forms would have been able to reproduce.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Watched the last episode. It sucked.

Was it supposed to be some kind of joke on the part of TPTB? A way of proving how low they could really go.

AT deserves an Oscar for being able to play Sam well with the material she was given.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post

Was it supposed to be some kind of joke on the part of TPTB? A way of proving how low they could really go.

AT deserves an Oscar for being able to play Sam well with the material she was given.
          AT was one of the reasons I stuck it out for two years. Its amazing what she can do with poorly written materal. It was real downer the past 2 years to see her take a back seat to Mitchell and Vaniel.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I just watched Unending, a while there were some very nice character moments (but I did need the barf bucked for the Vaniel scenes) and the actors put in a fine performance, there were just too many things wrong with it.

Spoiler:
            1. a)The Asgard...mass suicide was just so OOC for the Asgard! And even if they knew were dying (haven't they been dying since we met them?) They would still be trying to come up with some kind of solution. If they are able to transfer their consciousness to cloned bodies, why couldn't they figure a way to transfer them to another 'vessel'
            b) If the Asgard ships have been able to destroy Ori ships all this time, then why haven't they joined in the fight earlier? All their population couldn't have just been working on their genetic problem, we know there was an Asgard on one of the ships in Atlantis, they couldn't spare some ships to help their allies fight the Ori? Instead of making a last minute decision to pass on all their knowledge. Can we say COP OUT here
            If they were going to give us all of this anyway, why not earlier, before all the mass murder that the Ori commited? It just doesn't make sense

2. Ugh, the MAGIC RESET BUTTON!, makes this episode into a throw away epixode. It reminded me too much of Star Trek, but I guess this was just another RIP OFF homage to another show. Do they know how to come up with original ideas? The name of the show should be Strar Trek: SG1 after all they really don't need the stargate anymore, not with their unending supply of shiny new ships

3. Vaniel, need I say more

Remember when TPTB were begging fans to watch SG1 live, I see more BEGGING in their future, to buy the DVD's

such a pity what happened to a once good show, in such a short time
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

SNIP

ReganX, pls don't hold back - tell me what you really think?

I've got a long way to go before I see it. I really wanted the final episodes to be centered on the team. I gather from the spoilers (I have no willpower) that's not really going to happen -- that s---s lemons.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                AT was one of the reasons I stuck it out for two years. Its amazing what she can do with poorly written materal. It was real downer the past 2 years to see her take a back seat to Mitchell and Vaniel.
                At least because AT and Sam have had to take a back seat, they cannot be blamed for the cancellation - lack of AT/Sam is probably a contributing factor, though.

The characters who are front and center will be the ones facing the firing squad - unfortunately, TPTB will probably escape far more unscathed than they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                  ReganX, pls don't hold back - tell me what you really think?
                  That was me holding back.

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                  I've got a long way to go before I see it. I really wanted the final episodes to be centered on the team. I gather from the spoilers (I have no willpower) that's not really going to happen -- that s---s lemons.
                  Even if an episode can be considered a team episode, it doesn't mean that it will be a good one - as "Unending" so ably proved.

Comment

Something for Athena, maybe...

Could the Asgard have been downloaded into human (or humanoid) clones instead of Asgard? They'd retain their knowledge and their new forms would have been able to reproduce.
                    I think what I would do to have the asgard come back after being blown up...is to find the gentic code or a few remaining Ancients. I think you would need a mind more advanced than the human mind to download the knowledge into.

You could go with Ancinet DNA.

You could also take another approach and use the greek gods...a demigod would work well too. A half human and half god being. Perhaps have the greek gods be a highly advanced human or ascended.

Here's another intresting idea. Use Daniel's ascension. We don't really know just what he did to get tossed out. I find trying to stop Anubis kind of lame.

Have ascended Daniel show up and use his the ancient knowledge to help bring back Thor and the Asgard. It would also be very intresting if Ascended Daniel concived a child with a human. That would essentually be the demigod.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think what I would do to have the asgard come back after being blown up...is to find the gentic code or a few remaining Ancients. I think you would need a mind more advanced than the human mind to download the knowledge into.

You could go with Ancinet DNA.

You could also take another approach and use the greek gods...a demigod would work well too. A half human and half god being. Perhaps have the greek gods be a highly advanced human or ascended.

Here's another intresting idea. Use Daniel's ascension. We don't really know just what he did to get tossed out. I find trying to stop Anubis kind of lame.

Have ascended Daniel show up and use his the ancient knowledge to help bring back Thor and the Asgard. It would also be very intresting if Ascended Daniel concived a child with a human. That would essentually be the demigod.
                      That would involve having much more Daniel in the story than I'm prepared to.

However, we do have
                      Spoiler:
                      Jonas and
                      Spoiler:
                      Adria
                      to consider, not to mention Jack. Maybe one of them could help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        3. Vaniel, need I say more
                        Spoiler:
                        Even Vala doesn't deserve that.

Remember when TPTB were begging fans to watch SG1 live, I see more BEGGING in their future, to buy the DVD's
                        I'll need to hear, from people I trust, that there is actually something worthwhile in the movies before I even consider wasting perfectly good money on them.

Comment

I think they should clone Sam so Daniel will have a good woman for once. That way Sam would also have someone who could understand what she was talking about in physics.
                          i doubt daniel gets much of the physics at all. jack probably knows much more.

of course, jack doesn't exist, jackson would never waste his time on the inteligencia, and wait...who's sam?
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                            i doubt daniel gets much of the physics at all. jack probably knows much more.

of course, jack doesn't exist, jackson would never waste his time on the inteligencia, and wait...who's sam?
                            You remember Sam - she holds up the walls!

Comment

such a pity what happened to a once good show, in such a short time
                              Actually I think They'll be begging us to just watch it period. Still hoping for some old school SG1 stuff in movies but i'm not holding my breath.
                              Insert Witty Remark Here

Comment

You remember Sam - she holds up the walls!
                                don't be silly. that's atlas.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X