Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    first season-fire and water
    second season- serpents lair
    third season-crystal skull, legacy
    fourth season- first ones, AP, The Light
    fifth season-meridian
    6th-dead
    7th- icon. missing for a month or so?? not to mention having his memory swiss cheesed
    8th-Threads
    9th- not sure if this counts but almost dying being trapped w/vala in that poor couple's bodies in the early part of the season
    10th- what happens in Quest

I don't know, but does Daniel Jackson in the movie count? If we are then yes, Daniel dying coming back from the dead has been overdone. But if we're just talking about the show, it's still overdone.

Comment

Oops forgot about the movie.
      Oh, hey did he die in NEED too or was he just really injured when the princess put him in the sarc. I will have to watch that again and see.

Saddly I havent watched any of my stargate DVDs recently. Somehow the undead show still walking around has somewhat lessen my desire to watch my DVDs (although that always changes when I catch an old ep on TV accidently). It has also completely killed my Farscape viewing to the point I am not even sure where I have those DVDs stored and probably should just junk them.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
        Oops forgot about the movie.
        Oh, hey did he die in NEED too or was he just really injured when the princess put him in the sarc. I will have to watch that again and see.

Saddly I havent watched any of my stargate DVDs recently. Somehow the undead show still walking around has somewhat lessen my desire to watch my DVDs (although that always changes when I catch an old ep on TV accidently). It has also completely killed my Farscape viewing to the point I am not even sure where I have those DVDs stored and probably should just junk them.
        I watch the old episodes when they come on, but if I run across a Farscape episode, I quickly change the channel (don't know how to change it any quicker )
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I think Daniel might have been on the verge of dying and the sarc was the only way to save him in Need. At least that's always been my impression.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I think Daniel might have been on the verge of dying and the sarc was the only way to save him in Need. At least that's always been my impression.
            that was my impression too, that he was terminally injured

first season-fire and water
            second season- serpents lair, Need
            third season-crystal skull, legacy
            fourth season- first ones, AP, The Light
            fifth season-meridian
            6th-dead
            7th- icon. missing for a month or so?? not to mention having his memory swiss cheesed
            8th-Threads
            9th- not sure if this counts but almost dying being trapped w/vala in that poor couple's bodies in the early part of the season
            10th- what happens in Quest
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey does anyone know if that gushing farscape fanboy who worked for TV guide has said anything about Stargate recently...you know since its been cancelled?

Remember he hated stargate until his personal heros came over and they started writing the goofy avantgaurdy type plots and then he acted like Stargate was his favorite show (but still paled in comparison to his love of the farscapie) at the beginning of S9 but I havent really heard from him since. Maybe he was just gushing so scifi would put his face on TV. Or maybe he really likes the new show? Or maybe hes just a fanboy of certain actress. I dunno, just curious if anyone has heard any stargate love from him to S10. If not maybe thats what people are talking about when they say S10 has less advertising.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                Hey does anyone know if that gushing farscape fanboy who worked for TV guide has said anything about Stargate recently...you know since its been cancelled?

Remember he hated stargate until his personal heros came over and they started writing the goofy avantgaurdy type plots and then he acted like Stargate was his favorite show (but still paled in comparison to his love of the farscapie) at the beginning of S9 but I havent really heard from him since. Maybe he was just gushing so scifi would put his face on TV. Or maybe he really likes the new show? Or maybe hes just a fanboy of certain actress. I dunno, just curious if anyone has heard any stargate love from him to S10. If not maybe thats what people are talking about when they say S10 has less advertising.

As far as I know, I haven't heard/read anything from that sector. Maybe someone else has.

Comment

haven't heard much, Matt Roush was a joke. and yeah, he was so obviously fanboying that it was quite laughable. stargate sucks, it's a mediocre little show, it's bad, yadda, yadda, if he ever mentioned it.

but as soon as his favorite actors joined it, OMG, it was the second coming, the best show EVAH and a true sight to behold and MUST SEE TV

maybe he was just sucking up and trying to get on the show and when that didn't happen he just stopped caring.

I'm quite glad that he's not silent. his bias'd words passed off as the work of an 'objective' person was beyond annoying...and honestly his lack of words now speaks volumes to precisely how loyal he was to the show

sigpic

Comment

So much for TV guide hiring non-bias writers. I don't buy the TV guide--I find it rather redundant considering my service places the schedual under the "guide" button. Never cared for the aritcles in the publication.

I haven't seen the funny little version of "Urkle" on TV lately. Was he from SNL?

can't remember his name--I think it was Bernard something.

He only showed up towards the end of the series. I couldn't really figure out why they had him doing the behind the scene stuff. I think AT did a great job on the behind the scene specials she did.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      haven't heard much, Matt Roush was a joke. and yeah, he was so obviously fanboying that it was quite laughable. stargate sucks, it's a mediocre little show, it's bad, yadda, yadda, if he ever mentioned it.

but as soon as his favorite actors joined it, OMG, it was the second coming, the best show EVAH and a true sight to behold and MUST SEE TV

maybe he was just sucking up and trying to get on the show and when that didn't happen he just stopped caring.

I'm quite glad that he's not silent. his bias'd words passed off as the work of an 'objective' person was beyond annoying...and honestly his lack of words now speaks volumes to precisely how loyal he was to the show
                      I remember in history class, one of my teachers told us never to take a source at face value; always ask why the person in question said/wrote/did that.

If Mr Roush enjoyed seeing his favourite actors, good for him. If the ratings are any indication, more viewers preferred the "mediocre little show" to the "best show EVAH" and, at the end of the day, it was the ratings and not the reviewers that decided the show's fate.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I have to ask ... does anyone remember if he was the one who wrote that article a few months back, giving little hints about what's to come for the second half of s10?

The writer said something to the effect of:
                        Spoiler:
                        "There will be a touch of romance in the air when two fan favorites finally lock lips... we're sworn to secrecy!!"

I figured "ah they're talking about Vaniel." Then a friend told me she thought she saw a clip of Cam and Vala kissing. Haven't seen anything like that so far, so I can only assume they're talking about Vaniel again, but for the final episode.

Fan favorites ... yeah, not of THIS fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          So much for TV guide hiring non-bias writers. I don't buy the TV guide--I find it rather redundant considering my service places the schedual under the "guide" button. Never cared for the aritcles in the publication.

I haven't seen the funny little version of "Urkle" on TV lately. Was he from SNL?

can't remember his name--I think it was Bernard something.

He only showed up towards the end of the series. I couldn't really figure out why they had him doing the behind the scene stuff. I think AT did a great job on the behind the scene specials she did.
                          Pierre Bernard. He did this "Recliner of Rage" segment on Conan O'Brien. It started back during S8 when he said the show was fine without Daniel or something like that, then was invited to do a cameo type appearance in one of the eps (Zero Hour I think). He was featured in one or two of the behind the scenes specials they aired on SciFi.

Comment

you know another friend of mine speculated the very same thing. that 'fan favorites' was a ben/claudia kiss

they are fan favorites...just not in THIS fandom

It'd be funny as hell. i would honeslty laugh my tush off and might very well make it into a lj icon, for the sheer silliness of it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              Apparently the show is now a comedy disguised as science fiction instead of a drama with a stargate--at least according to some posters.
                              A comedy? What are we supposed to be laughing at?

Mostly S9 & S10 make me want to cry.

Comment

you know another friend of mine speculated the very same thing. that 'fan favorites' was a ben/claudia kiss

they are fan favorites...just not in THIS fandom

It'd be funny as hell. i would honeslty laugh my tush off and might very well make it into a lj icon, for the sheer silliness of it

Yes, I would love to see the look on the Vala/Daniel shipper's faces if Cam/Vala kiss.

Of course, it would be even funnier if Cam/Daniel kiss.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X