No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see, for those that like ship, this woulda beena perfect opportunity to say 'she's briefing homeworld security' or 'she's briefing general o'neill'

not shippy per se, in fact just a random comment...but it would acknowledge that many like the sam/jack aspect and would throw them a bone.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It does sound like a lame excuse. Even if they just said that Sam was sick, it would have been an opportunity to show that her team members were concerned about her... not that tptb would ever waste a minute on that, though.

Comment

we should probably consider ourselves lucky that they mentioned why she was gone at all.

after all, she's only the woman. See, if daniel is gone, he gets a story arc, sam is gone and, oh yeah, who was that blond chick??????

To be fair, they probably didn't want to give too many details 'sam is where doing what' likely because the writer of this eps probably didn't read the other scripts and didn't talk to the other guys, and we all know they have no quality control/continuity person now, so the less details the less likely they are to futz up like they have in the past (like sam saying in death knell that it's been a month since evolution....which means that evolution, fallout, grace, chimera AND death knell all took place in 30 days....which isn't possible given sam's injuries and recovery downtime. Or like Jacob saying that he's had selmac for 4 years when it was really more like 6 in threads)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          see, for those that like ship, this woulda beena perfect opportunity to say 'she's briefing homeworld security' or 'she's briefing general o'neill'

not shippy per se, in fact just a random comment...but it would acknowledge that many like the sam/jack aspect and would throw them a bone.
          Um shouldn't that be "debriefing General O'Neill"
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            LOL! I was thinking that too.

DE-briefing General O'Neill could have been a comic line in the series. With the final countdown on--the writer's could have used that oppertunity to clearify Sam/Jack.

Something like: (I haven't seen the ep so I'm guessing)

Landry: Colonel Carter is in Washinton Debriefing General O'Neill.

Vala: I knew there was a reason for Sam needing to borrow my book on sexual positions for older couples.

Everyone looks at the celining and the floor.

Daniel: Why would you have a book on sexual positions for older couples?

Vala: Well, some of the positions looked intresting.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

well that depends on what you mean by "debrief"
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

we should probably consider ourselves lucky that they mentioned why she was gone at all.

after all, she's only the woman. See, if daniel is gone, he gets a story arc, sam is gone and, oh yeah, who was that blond chick??????

To be fair, they probably didn't want to give too many details 'sam is where doing what' likely because the writer of this eps probably didn't read the other scripts and didn't talk to the other guys, and we all know they have no quality control/continuity person now, so the less details the less likely they are to futz up like they have in the past (like sam saying in death knell that it's been a month since evolution....which means that evolution, fallout, grace, chimera AND death knell all took place in 30 days....which isn't possible given sam's injuries and recovery downtime. Or like Jacob saying that he's had selmac for 4 years when it was really more like 6 in threads)
                Yeah I have to admit it's good that she was mentioned at all. I'm sure if Vala was gone (not that that'd ever happen, but I'm speaking hypothetically) they'd probably give it a lot more focus. Probably have Landry saying he hopes she comes back soon because she's integral to ...whatever it is they have going now... Then have "Jackson" worrying about her hoping she's okay, yadda yadda...

That does make sense - don't need continuity to be more botched than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                  Yeah I have to admit it's good that she was mentioned at all. I'm sure if Vala was gone (not that that'd ever happen, but I'm speaking hypothetically) they'd probably give it a lot more focus. Probably have Landry saying he hopes she comes back soon because she's integral to ...whatever it is they have going now... Then have "Jackson" worrying about her hoping she's okay, yadda yadda...

That does make sense - don't need continuity to be more botched than it is now.
                  I have to say, that reading about this episode, I'm kinda glad Sam wasn't it, I wouldn't want that debaucle of an episode bringing her character down
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

yeah, sam had her 'good' episodes, let her stay out of the not so good ones

besides, we wouldnt' know what to do if they actually made more than 1-2 'good' episodes in a row

sigpic

Comment

besides, we wouldnt' know what to do if they actually made more than 1-2 'good' episodes in a row
                      I would believe that that Ancient Time Device actually *did* work and we were back to the good ol' days.
                      sigpic

Comment

Breaks out in the chorus of 'let's do the time warp again!!!!!!'

sigpic

Comment

Ok that is what I just posted on the the bad guys thread...and I think it also would be appropriate here:

Spoiler:
                          Ok I just watched the ep...and also just read all 9 pages on this thread...and I think I must agree with some of you...this must be the worst ep ever...ok maybe not ever...But certainly worst ep of season 10... This one can really can join the bad eps season 9 had.

I honestly think this was one big joke. Cause that did it seem to me. A joke...A big joke.I can really not take that in any way serious. If that is supposed to be a funny ep...then they failed miserably. If this was a 'filler' ep...they also failed miserably...Actually in ever aspect they failed. I really wasn't expecting much after reading some of the spoilers...But after seeing the ep...I am really dissapointed in it. For me this is again seeing season 9. The writers didn't do a good job with it. The story...wait was there even a story? Cause honestly to me there wasn't...I mean they go to a planet to find a weapon...Come in a museum...take hostages and go back home...For me that isn't really a story...certainly not for SG-1.
                          Why even write such a story in the first place? I mean like SG-1 would ever do such a things??

Not only did I think there wasn't a story but it seemed like everyone was so OOC...especially Daniel...I have seen some changes in his character that I already thought were totally OOC but this is the worst I have seen ever... I mean Daniel would never ever do such a thing. He would try to talk to the people convince them they weren't the bad guys...That they were just explorers who wanted to go home again...yes he changed but this change...nope that isn't Daniel...I think it is his evil twin...or maybe some effect of being a prior or something...Oh well lets face it...it is jut bad writing.

Also I am sad to see Vala back to that thief thing...I mean we have seen her in a few eps now and she changed to a fragile women, insecure and really someone who you can depend on who needs to feel welcommed and feel loved and now she is back to the funny thief character...I don't think that is how someone changes...and then her "funny" jokes...sorry couldn't appreciate them at all... and the glasscutter (sp?) it is even worse then the hairdryer in the Quest. Really what does she also bring... I mean next week there will be a fridge in there cause she might be hungry... Oh come on...this must be a joke...

Cameron...well for once I didn't think he was that annoying...probably cause I though Daniel was too annoying so I didn't notice it to much...

Teal'c...wait what he again has the guns and is being the gun-shooting men...wow surprise there

I am glad like some of you Sam wasn't in the ep...I am a big fan of Sam... But I am glad she wasn't in it...cause that way they can't ruin her character...Cause that is what they have done in this ep though...ruin the characters even more then they used to do...
                          I still think it is strange that after what 2 eps now...That is like at least a week...Or even more...Sam has to debrief the president...I mean isn't that something you try to do immediatly...Or at least a few days after not after a week...

After LitS and RnT and tS...we get 2 eps who really aren't worth re-watching ever...While Bounty had some moments that were funny this one was just over the top with everything... Not only the main characters but also the guest appearances where totally said and annoying to see...

Summary: an ep I will never ever watch...and if you haven't seen the ep I wouldn't recommended it... Cause you will be dissapointed in it.

I don't know what the next ep will be but I know I will not have any hopes up ... Although can it go any worse then this ep??? I don't think so

Comment

I've seen a number of post who said they didn't like it at all. I guess it's worse than the bounty? I didn't think that would be possible!

I realize the series has been winding down--but I think the actors should stay in character, even with a lame script. That's what they get paid to do.

I get the feeling that Daniel turns into a jerk when Vala is around. It reminds me of teenagers. When teens go to high school and they find that bad influencing friend. That's, Daniel and Vala.

They seem to be a bad influence on one another.

Comment

I have to say, that reading about this episode, I'm kinda glad Sam wasn't it, I wouldn't want that debaucle of an episode bringing her character down
                              Very good point actually. I went into the transcript (don't think I can watch this again...) and

Spoiler:
                              At some point Vala almost messes up a Naquada bomb, and Daniel tells her they should have brought someone who knows what they're doing ... which I like to think is a reference to Sam, but not absolutely sure. If it is, I think I'd have a heart attack that someone - especially Daniel - implied that Sam makes an important contribution.

sorry, little heavy on the sarcasm there I think

Comment

Sam is a tremendous asset to the show. I couldn't stand the first six eps of season 9. Vala is no Sam! Dr. Lee is fun...but he's no Sam either.

Comment

Working...
                                X