No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=MerRu;6198803]True. But I for one would have loved seeing the Tau'ri have to appease the rest of their erstwhile allies / coalition against the Goa'uld the way the SGC had to appease the IOC, but putting Selmak in command of the SGC!

As the oldest and wisest of a people who are all about not letting anyone unauthorized in on their secrets/plans/operations/locations/etc., s/he should have had all the skill to run a rinky-dink military program on a backwater planet, especially if she had a retired 2 star Air Force General, Jacob Carter, as her/his aide.

I would have paid to see the results, as written in the pre-season 7 style. Jack having conniptions about a *snake* running the SGC. Jacob not putting up with his shennanigans. Sam wanting to smack them both, and ending up tight with Selmak. Daniel agitating to go to Atlantis - until Selmak nods and tells him 'Bon Voyage', and then back pedalling madly. Teal'c refusing to go along with Jack's temper tantrums, and ending up as one of Selmak's advisors at large and Sam's permanent right hand in running SG-1...
    Bring on Colonel Dixon as the ranking SG team officer (with no great fondness for Snakes) on the base, an Asgard advisor who is perfectly certain that it's been exiled to the outter fringes of civilization but ends up kinda likin' the Tau'ri, Sarah Gardner as a permanent linguistic/cultural consultant, who turns out to be every bit as good - if not better, considering her experiences - a translator, anthropologist, cultural researcher, and nexialist as Daniel to give him a bit of angst and competition about the situation, or Jonas for ditto, get a thoroughly annoying permanent IOC presence at the SGC, and things could have been veerrryyy interesting indeed.

Or, at least, a lot more watchable for me than seasons 9 and 10 were and have been.[/QUOTE]

That I would actually like to see. LMAO.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      That's encouraging, but I have extremely low expectations for the "movies."
      If skiffy is the producer, they'll probably be at the same quality level as Mansquito and Mammoth.

Topic: I don't care for S10. I detest Vala, Mitchell is marginally more palatable than in S9, but I still don't buy him as team leader, Daniel has been turned into one half of 'Vaniel' and Teal'c hardly has any lines.

Comment

I was just reading the article on BW and RCC's discussion of the series finale, and I had to laugh...

Spoiler:
        They said (paraphrasing here) that they know a lot of people love stuff featuring the team together, so they've put the whole team together for 50 years, and I guess think people will really enjoy it.

How come the only little details I've heard here and there about this episode involve Vaniel? Nothing about anyone else was mentioned. Yes, I'd love to see something with good interaction between the team, but there seems to be a loophole here. We'll stick the entire team together, but we'll still showcase the 'most important' members.

I'd love to see *every* team member interacting well with each other... I'd love see how each of the relationships between *each* person develop, but again these guys have their favorites, so it's guaranteed we won't see that.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
          I was just reading the article on BW and RCC's discussion of the series finale, and I had to laugh...

Spoiler:
          They said (paraphrasing here) that they know a lot of people love stuff featuring the team together, so they've put the whole team together for 50 years, and I guess think people will really enjoy it.

How come the only little details I've heard here and there about this episode involve Vaniel? Nothing about anyone else was mentioned. Yes, I'd love to see something with good interaction between the team, but there seems to be a loophole here. We'll stick the entire team together, but we'll still showcase the 'most important' members.

I'd love to see *every* team member interacting well with each other... I'd love see how each of the relationships between *each* person develop, but again these guys have their favorites, so it's guaranteed we won't see that.
          Yeah about developing relationships you can count on S/C or S/Rodney and D/V
          Still pissed about the fact that Jack isn't in the finale...

Comment

Spoiler:

If this was the orignal team, it would probably be good. I still don't recognize this team as SG-1. They are a group of indiviuals.

For the classic team ending, we saw them killed in Ancient Egypt then a different timeline version of SG-1 brought back.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I was last around here about a year or so ago and had a lot of fun when the spoilers came about CB's child being incorporated into the story. I remember you people in these anti-threads speculating that

1) The child will be immaculately conceived by the Ori

2) The child will be a key figure in the fight against Ori, either with or against them

3) The child will have supernatural powers and grow to adulthood impossibly quickly.

Well, I finally forced myself to sit through the rest of the season 9 and the first part of season 10 and the most fun I had was watching how accurate those predictions were. I think it says all about the quality of writing that the worst ideas fans can think of are actually included in the story as is.
              "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
              "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

Spoiler:

For me the problem is
                Spoiler:
                which team. If it were the olden golden one - okay. This season 9 - 10 travesty - I'll pass
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                  If this was the orignal team, it would probably be good. I still don't recognize this team as SG-1. They are a group of indiviuals.

For the classic team ending, we saw them killed in Ancient Egypt then a different timeline version of SG-1 brought back.
                  Yes, we can sure count on them to plunge the knife and then give it a good twist.
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Well I just saw the Quest 2

Spoiler:
                    What can I say, some of it was good, but I couldn't get past the nauseating feeling I get when Cammy seems to be giving orders I got more of a team feeling between Sam, Teal'c and Ba'al. Yes we saw the team together, and good for Teal'c that he actually got some lines and things to do, but with Vala and Cam there, the team seems fractured. Also the ending had me going WHAT! Why is Vala the only one concerned about Daniel...oh yea because then she can't be Vaniel

While I think they are trying to give us team episodes, there's just something missing. They certainly could do without Cam, he is the major crack in the foundation.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Domesticated Equine View Post
                      I was last around here about a year or so ago and had a lot of fun when the spoilers came about CB's child being incorporated into the story. I remember you people in these anti-threads speculating that

2) The child will be a key figure in the fight against Ori, either with or against them

3) The child will have supernatural powers and grow to adulthood impossibly quickly.

Well, I finally forced myself to sit through the rest of the season 9 and the first part of season 10 and the most fun I had was watching how accurate those predictions were. I think it says all about the quality of writing that the worst ideas fans can think of are actually included in the story as is.

LOL, welcome back Domesticated Equine Why didn't you know we were psychic
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        LOL, welcome back Domesticated Equine Why didn't you know we were psychic
                        Thanks! So, how about them lottery numbers?

Anyway, I just finished watching Farscape for the second time and it's really a shame to see what kind of mess of a show Ben Browder and Claudia Back have gotten themselves into. I think they're both very capable actors, but there's only so much you can do with the writing. I could try comparing Crichton to Mitchell and Aeryn to Vala but they're so far apart that I can barely identify the Stargate cardboard cut-offs as "characters". Walking, talking plot-devices sound much closer to truth.
                        "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
                        "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

Not only did those viewer predictions come true for Vala but also the one for the "Daniel stroy Arc" as well. I haven't even seen the ep...I don't anyone has yet but the predicts.
                          Spoiler:
                          were Daniel becomes a prior and only Jack can save him. Episode description is is Daniel becomes and Prior and only Jack can save him. LOL--gee, couldn't have seen that one coming--unless your blind.

I am begining to wonder if TPTB are actually waiting for the fans to write the episodes. I think we have to some extent, LOL. I bet we could do a better job too!
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 15 January 2007, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            Not only did those viewer predictions come true for Vala but also the one for the "Daniel stroy Arc" as well. I haven't even seen the ep...I don't anyone has yet but the predicts.
                            Spoiler:
                            were Daniel becomes a prior and only Jack can save him. Episode description is is Daniel becomes and Prior and only Jack can save him. LOL--gee, couldn't have seen that one coming--unless your blind.

I am begining to wonder if TPTB are actually waiting for the fans to write the episodes. I think we have to some extent, LOL. I bet we could do a better job too!
                            Hah! That's -- not too surprising, sadly. I just wish they ripped off the numerous good suggestions the fans have instead of these worst-case-scenario, they-can't-be-as-dumb-as-to-do-this ideas.
                            Last edited by Skydiver; 15 January 2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Here is the official synopsis for the two comming movies. Stargate Continuum sounds more like a comedy than an action adveture.

Continuum:
                              Spoiler:
                              Stargate: Continuum"

While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba'al, the last of the goa'uld system lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities what's happened, a fleet of goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Ba'al, his queen, Katesh, (Vala) and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the goa'uld.

The Ark of Truth: Actually sounds like the better one!

Spoiler:
                              "Stargate: The Ark of Truth"

As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact, the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The IOA has a plan of their own and SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies.

source: http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...21&newsLang=en

OMG--cooper out did himself with this one! LOL.

Comment

Hah! That's -- not too surprising, sadly. I just wish they ripped off the numerous good suggestions the fans have instead of these worst-case-scenario, they-can't-be-as-dumb-as-to-do-this ideas.
                                But...but, honestly we wrote that bad fic as a joke....we didn't know TPTB would read it
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X