S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
    Wasn't there a scene in Full Circle that was cut, where Daniel was explaining to Sam why he didn't visit her or something like that? That would have made sense and perhaps the editing was a bit amiss there.

It's a shame that it always seems to be these little character interaction scenes that get cut.........
    Yep, there was one. From what I heard they (meaning TPTB) weren't originally going to do anything like that, but AT and MS wanted a scene like that so they let them film it and then decided to leave it on the cutting room floor.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    What would be nice (and probably make MGM some money) would be a dvd of cut/missing scenes. Not to mention a gag reel
    I would really like to see that as well. Skiffy has some deleted scenes from S7 and 8 on their site. I've also heard there was a bit of footage cut from Torment of Tantalus when Daniel mentions something about having foster parents to Catherine (or something to that effect).

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
    Gag reel? Don't they already have a (whole bunch of) gag reel(s), also known as Season 9?

(It made me gag. )
    Heh... no arguments there Bloopers from the past seasons would be great, too. The only one I've seen is the famous Solitudes one. There must be more out there... I read an interview AT did in the early days and she said back then they had a good blooper reel for Season 1. Hmm wonder where it's gone to....

Comment

Anyone here seen Quest Pt. 2?

I've heard a few little things about it (not really willing to go to the ep thread) and
      Spoiler:
      sounds like Sam and Teal'c were pretty much wallpaper. I realize it's Daniel's story in this ep, but from what I've heard so far, sounds like it was Cam and Vaniel-heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
        Anyone here seen Quest Pt. 2?

I've heard a few little things about it (not really willing to go to the ep thread) and
        Spoiler:
        sounds like Sam and Teal'c were pretty much wallpaper. I realize it's Daniel's story in this ep, but from what I've heard so far, sounds like it was Cam and Vaniel-heavy.
        I've seen it.
        Spoiler:
        It was very much a Daniel story, with a lot of Vala thrown in. All the characters had something to do, and they actually interacted with each other. There's a great moment with Sam and Baal, and Teal'c has a few funny lines! The best thing was that we actually see the Stargate!! It had far too much Daniel/Vala for my tastes, but it was a better episode than so many we've had over the past two years.
        sigpic

Comment

Just to add to my post about the Quest part 2
          Spoiler:
          The only thing that Vala did in the episode, apart from a silly moment with the dragon, ( ) was to worry about Daniel. Even up to the final scene you'd think she was the only one really worried about him. Near the end, when Adria finds SG-1 and Baal, she and Vala exchange a couple of words, rather than there being anything dramatic between them. Another wasted opportunity.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
            I've seen it.
            Spoiler:
            It was very much a Daniel story, with a lot of Vala thrown in. All the characters had something to do, and they actually interacted with each other. There's a great moment with Sam and Baal, and Teal'c has a few funny lines! The best thing was that we actually see the Stargate!! It had far too much Daniel/Vala for my tastes, but it was a better episode than so many we've had over the past two years.
            Spoiler:
            The only thing that Vala did in the episode, apart from a silly moment with the dragon, ( ) was to worry about Daniel. Even up to the final scene you'd think she was the only one really worried about him. Near the end, when Adria finds SG-1 and Baal, she and Vala exchange a couple of words, rather than there being anything dramatic between them. Another wasted opportunity.
            Thanks for the info.
            Spoiler:
            Wow, a Stargate? What's that? And, whoa, Sam had some actual lines. Shame about the wasted opportunity between Vala and Adria.

TPTB not letting Daniel interact with anyone but Vala *sigh* Just as I suspected.

Comment

Spoiler:
              What's your opinion the Mitchell and Vala Scene?

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                What's your opinion the Mitchell and Vala Scene?
                Everyone in the episode thread seems to think it was a wonderful scene. I wanted to throw up!
                sigpic

Comment

Everyone in the episode thread seems to think it was a wonderful scene. I wanted to throw up!
                  That's why I don't go to the episode threads, I'd rather have the opinions of those I trust
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Same here, Mandy.

Oh, yeah, I think I'm definitely gonna have to stay out of that thread...

Comment

i try to leave the eps threads for those that enjoy the show. I may and sometimes do go in and express myself, but i try to bail after a short time and just let them revel in thier enjoyment without me ruining it for them
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                        Yeah, he doesnt command them now. TPTB can have the characters SAY that all they want but when I see Mitchell and Carter on screen together they (at least AT) is SHOWING me that Carter is in charge. (at least in S9... didnt watch the crpfest that is S10)
                        I agree that Sam shows more leadership than Cam.

And as for having 2 higher ranking people on one team. It was stretching things to have Col. O'Neill and Maj. Carter (after her promotion), but at least by then they had a history together and had built a unique team that was more than the sum of its parts. The show was about the 4 of them, so I didn't worry about it.

But it's really stretching things in my book to put someone of Sam's rank on the team with her. If she's not going to lead I as a viewer need a d***ed good reason and I didn't get it. They didn't even write a scene showing why she came back to the team. I know, the Bori threat-- but it was never really fleshed out. I *wanted* her back, but I also wanted it to make some sense. One week she's brought in to help with the bomb (which to me didn't really seem to require her special skills--couldn't they have given her something more to do in her return episode?) and the next thing we know she's back at the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
                          Gag reel? Don't they already have a (whole bunch of) gag reel(s), also known as Season 9?

(It made me gag. )

Nice one!

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i try to leave the eps threads for those that enjoy the show. I may and sometimes do go in and express myself, but i try to bail after a short time and just let them revel in thier enjoyment without me ruining it for them
                            I have no doubt the ep thread for Quest Part 2 will proclaim it to be the greatest piece of television this decade.
                            Irresponsible probably just scrapes by as 'excellent' in its designated thread.
                            Am I right?

Comment

dunno, being an american i'm not allowed to watch them until april...so i'm not visiting the eps threads
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                That's mostly why I avoid them. I know that most people in them probably enjoyed the eps, and if I posted any issues I had with them I'd probably get in trouble or something.... and I don't want to ruin anything for them either.

I like to stay where I'm more apt to find like-minded people anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X