S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

series 3???? very, very doubtful, imho. By the time these two movies flop and mgm barely recovers thier investment in making them, about the only thing that'll get a series 3 will be if mgm finds a new creative team, maybe Ron Moore or the dude behind Heros or the guy behind Lost and can pimp them and hand htem the franchise to 'save'...thus trying to combine the flagging Stargate fandom, with its Farscape stragglers with the fandom of one of these creative teams who will check out Series three out of the curiosity of 'well, i liked his other work'

i like the idea of someone new coming in to showrun, but not someone that'll take the classic stargate even further away from it's once savory taste. i know the name ron moore, but please refresh my memory on what he did.

if i found out michael greenburg -of rda-greenburg/gecko- was coming back to do the movies, *then* i'd be jumping for joy.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

ron moore does BSG

my ultimate fantasy is to hand stargate back to gecko...but i just don't see that happening.

at least rda and gecko seemed to give a fig about things. the Frat Boys are just having fun and playing around
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would love to see RDA/Gekko and if not available I'll take J.J Abrahams.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
          I would love to see RDA/Gekko and if not available I'll take J.J Abrahams.
          Or Manny Coto. He did The Outer Limits, Odyssey 5, Enterprise (last season) and 24.
          -

Comment

Please Santa,
            All I want for Christmas, at least as far as Stargate is concerned, is for the B@B to mature a couple of decades. Oh, and Santa, if you have any magic in that big old sack of yours, could you get Gekko involved with the movies or the *possible* third series so that it/they won't suck?
            Thanks big guy.
            sigpic

Comment

i would love JMS to get his hand on it. but i don't see it ever happening. he has too much of a wish to do HIS thing, and only his thing and will tell the network and thier 'suggestions' precisely what to go do with themselves
              And he's right. Just look how good Babylon 5 was (Yes I know the dialogs and acting were crappy at times, but the story was extremely good. *hopes for a series about the Psi Corps*). Network executives shouldn't involve themselves too much with a show, this usually causes a show to jump the shark, and for a very good reason: They are NETWORK executives, and not writers and storytellers. In Dutch we have a saying for this "Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest." which basicly means "Don't get involved in things you have no knowlegde about". They were hired to do their Network job and not to "help" a show with their "suggestions".

And "Gecko" ?
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                I see TPTB finally dropped the Season 11 dream and now what to make one Movie a year.Where were they with this idea after Season 8.W e could have enjoyed a couple of great Movies by now without Vala and Mitchell.Now we still have to wait to see if RDA is involved.If RDA is not involved there is a good chance the first two Movies may not sell then that could be the end of additional Movies.
                Is that a bad thing, under the circumstances?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i think movie one and two will no doubt happen

from the scheduling it looks like they're gonna almost tape them one right after the other. once they're taped, chances are they'll be released

I still consider series 3 to be iffy at this point. I don't thikn it'll be anything close to 'sure' until they have a script and start casting. Until there's casting done,t hey can pull the plug at any time and cut thier losses
                  Odds are, they will wait to see how the movies are received before deciding about a third series. Even if TPTB go ahead with another spinoff, the performance of movies could be the deciding factor as far as bringing any of the SG-1 characters over goes. If, for example, a Vaniel centered movie does poorly, TPTB would be fools to bring Daniel or Vala to the new series.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

of course, actor availability will have a lot to do with it too. or tptb's willingness to ask an actor. such as the fact that - at least of a month ago - rda hadn't even been asked about the movies yet we know that the first one will be Vaniel and the Bori

There is a lot of 'proof' that coop's preferred storyline, Vala, Vaniel, the Bori, while they may be 'good' in thier own right, are not well received by the audience in general. Yet coop seems unwilling to see that, or if he sees it he won't admit it.

apparantly in his mind, Vaniel and the Bori is the greatest story in the world and we are simply too full of issues to see and appreciate his greatness. *shrug*

whatever.

However, given the arrognace and hubris of many of tptb's statements, i don't hold out much hope to them paying attention to any indication that thier preferences are not well received. they'll jsut find something else to blame, like they have for all of s9 and 10

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      as i said to a friend tonight, i'm hoping that because the first dvd *needs* to sell REALLY well, that the ptb will put in the tried and true popular themes - JACK/RDA and S/J SHIP - to pave the way for the other movies. oh, and let's not forget the sg1 team. tried, true, and ratings grabbing!

sally

Oh we'll get ship in the movies, just not J/S. D/V absolutely. She D/V is popular. Only will a subsection of fandom from what I see, but it is very vocal.

Honestly, I just want a good story. Not a chance of that in Movie I because of the Ori storyline. Movie II has a slight chance if they don't retread Moebeus. They have the right Wrighter :suse "boo"s self: who I think is the best Stargate director so I'm a bit more optimistic. I'm sure it won't last.

Suse
                      Last edited by suse; 24 December 2006, 05:34 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i am slightly more optimistic about movie two, and only becaues of the Brad/Martin combo

in the past the pair of them create works that suit my taste

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                          You're right, imo, in everything you say about Vala.

But I've grown to tolerate her. sometimes it's a matter of watching with my eyes crossed just right, then I can at least pretend she isn't there, and failing that sometimes, she can even make me smile a little. But Mitchell-for me he's the one who is a lost cause. His antics in Season 9 were just too ott for what his character is meant to be, and I just can't get past that. I despise him, and would far rather he be written off the show at this point than see any tinkering to make his character acceptable. I don't care how much a 180 they do with him, the damage, for me, has been done and there's no going back. I guess with Vala, after seeing PU I never held out any hope for her character, but I had expected more out of Cameron.

100% agreed Deejay. I'd green you but my fridge won't let me yet.

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I'm not optimistic at all for movie 1 myself... Like sky I am a bit more about movie 2 because of Wright and Wood. Hopefully it won't be Vaniel-centric and we'll get some nice, long-overdue TEAM interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                              I'm not optimistic at all for movie 1 myself... Like sky I am a bit more about movie 2 because of Wright and Wood. Hopefully it won't be Vaniel-centric and we'll get some nice, long-overdue TEAM interaction.
                              are they allowed to do that anymore?????

interact

it's been so long since it's happened, i don't quite remember what it is :/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                Odds are, they will wait to see how the movies are received before deciding about a third series. Even if TPTB go ahead with another spinoff, the performance of movies could be the deciding factor as far as bringing any of the SG-1 characters over goes. If, for example, a Vaniel centered movie does poorly, TPTB would be fools to bring Daniel or Vala to the new series.
                                and that would make them differenet from how they are now? how?
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X