Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    looks like a metaphore for s9 and 10

if we want a team....we gotta take the unwanted and extra baggage along with it
    Thankfully, in this instance we have the luxury of being able to consign the elements of the package we dislike to the rubbish bin.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
      "THTIV" - I love it And I agree with you. I can just imagine S1/2 Daniel somehow ending up in the future (around S9/10), getting an eyeful of Vaniel and going "good God, what have I become?"
      I'll send you virtual cookies AND virtual chocolate if you write that!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        while i agree that vala is a more interesting character, she is also a HUGE anvil in the room. mitchell and vala were poorly written from the get-go, but vala has literally been given the show (with her side-kick daniel). so, for me, HER being on the show is more disruptive than mitchell (whom i think was fixed in season 10). did i use the word 'whom' correctly? it's just more in-your-face with her being in your face the vast majority of the time. in my opinion.

sally

When Vala is in the scene, the focus is on her. Everyone else is secondary.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
          So I just read about the SG-1 pewter figures. All the members are sold indvidually except Teal'c. To get a Teal'c you have to buy a pack that includes Mitchell.

Teal'c, in an olive uniform, is available as an exclusive when purchased in a four-pack that includes the olive-garbed Mitchell, Carter, and Jackson. Each figurine, except for Teal'c, is also sold individually.

So If I want to buy the "classic" team, I am forced to buy a Mitchell too.
          Not a problem - when you go fishing you always need sinkers. Tie Mitchell to the end of the line, cast and get countless enjoyment!! (although you will need an industrial sized bobber.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
            Nah, then he will be just like superhewo Jack O'Neill, we don't want Mitchell to be just like Jackipoo.

Nah, that would make him too much like Dr. Daniel "3 PhDs before he reached 30 years old" Jackson, we don't want that either.
            Actually some one unique would be interesting, providing they had a personality.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

This is probably an ironic question-considering the name of this thread-but can one of our cousins across the pond tell us how season 10 is being shown? are y'all on a break from mid December til January and then are you running straight through or will you end on episode 10 and pick up in April like the states. I guess what I am asking in good old fashioned, but confusing, yankee English (strange for a Texan I know) is are you guys gonna be ahead of us and if so-how many episodes.

ok-now I am returning control to our regularly scheduled and probably more coherent thread.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Here in the UK we see episode 10.10 next week, and then Sky One have a break for Christmas. The second half of the season is supposed to begin on January 9th and will run every week with no further breaks. This means we should complete the whole of S10 by March 13th.

ETA: We will also have seen the whole of Atlantis S3 as this runs consecutively with SG-1.
                Last edited by dipsofjazz; 13 December 2006, 10:50 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                  This is probably an ironic question-considering the name of this thread-but can one of our cousins across the pond tell us how season 10 is being shown? are y'all on a break from mid December til January and then are you running straight through or will you end on episode 10 and pick up in April like the states. I guess what I am asking in good old fashioned, but confusing, yankee English (strange for a Texan I know) is are you guys gonna be ahead of us and if so-how many episodes.

ok-now I am returning control to our regularly scheduled and probably more coherent thread.

Sky One here in the UK will be showing the 2nd half of S10 (and S3 SGA) at the beginning of January. So if it goes as scheduled we will have had the rest of S10 & S3 before sci-fi in the US shows it. I just wonder how many people will be watching over in the US by the time April comes around

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                    Sky One here in the UK will be showing the 2nd half of S10 (and S3 SGA) at the beginning of January. So if it goes as scheduled we will have had the rest of S10 & S3 before sci-fi in the US shows it. I just wonder how many people will be watching over in the US by the time April comes around
                    Well I'm sure it'll be so good (especially S10) that most of us will want to re-watch it NOT

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Here in the UK we see episode 10.10 next week, and then Sky One have a break for Christmas. The second half of the season is supposed to begin on January 9th and will run every week with no further breaks. This means we should complete the whole of S10 by March 13th.

ETA: We will also have seen the whole of Atlantis S3 as this runs consecutively with SG-1.
                      thanx dear. so it appears as if they really want to watch the ratings drop in the states. because the second half of our season starts a month later. yikes!
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

I guess we will find out which eps are worth watching ahead of time. I am not very optimistic that the second half will be much better.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                          I
                          Even if you had SG1 disbanded, doing their own thing, and brought in LTC Mitchell, you didn't have to make him some big time hero. that's just trying too hard.

I think that's one of the reasons Vala "works" better than Mitchell. Even though they tolerate her, especially in season 9, no one really likes her. And there's nothing about her in season 9 that's designed to make us really sympathize with her. She's a liar, she's manipulative, she's imperfect. Yet, there are moments where you get a glimpse under all that b.s. she throws out. It's a bit more subtle.

That being said, I feel the character's a little more forced in season 10 when she really doesn't need to be. She's not really a character people feel lukewarm about --they either think she's great or they hate her. You can't ignore her, whether you want to or not. I think the season 10 characterization is actually not as good as season 9, which is weird. They've sort of toned her down yet made her dumb at the same time; Vala's a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. Did they do that so the audience would feel sorry for her? They didn't need to--those who love her, love her, those who don't aren't likely to change their minds.

and who says you have to love every character on a show? I hate Starbuck but I still like "Battlestar Galactica".
                          Good points. Wasted potential and forcefeeding of characters are my two main complaints about the new characters in S9 and S10. (not getting into wasted *original characters of Teal'c and Sam)

And I'm a casual viewer of BSG and I hate Starbuck too.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                            considering the HUGE and stupid delay????

by the time scifi milks adn airs it, only the non-internet fans will likely have an interest.

most net savvy ones will already know whether or not each eps is worth watching

skiffy is basically shooting themselves in the foot with their lame delay
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              considering the HUGE and stupid delay????

by the time scifi milks adn airs it, only the non-internet fans will likely have an interest.

most net savvy ones will already know whether or not each eps is worth watching

skiffy is basically shooting themselves in the foot with their lame delay
                              It seems that Sci-fi is doing what ever it can to sink the Stargate franchise.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                                It seems that Sci-fi is doing what ever it can to sink the Stargate franchise.
                                This does not surprise me in the slightest. Rather a dog in the manger attitude I think - "we don't want it, but dang it, nobody else is gonna have it either!"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X