Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i agree. they need to start fresh.

and they need to cast, not for names and fan bases, but for actor ability and chemistry

stunt cast with weak stories and it'll die. cause, believe it or not, we are smart enough to see right through it.
    but write good stories with good actors, they will build and develop a fan base adn the show will be all the stronger for it (as in SG1 from its inception. With the exception of RDA, all the others were cast for thier abilities and skills...not fan bases)

Good chemistry behind the camera, leads to good chemistry on camera

'big' names spouting lines, eh, ya got talking heads. kinda like the nightly news, tv by the numbers

Well most of us are anyway
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
      Wouldn't it be great, though, if they did an 'It's a Wonderful Life' Christmas special, where Cam gets to find out what the SGC would be like if he'd never been born...and it's great!
      It's on fanfiction.net under the title

"It Could Be A Wonderful Life"

Enjoy. And Merry Christmas!

Comment

and they need to cast, not for names and fan bases, but for actor ability and chemistry

stunt cast with weak stories and it'll die. cause, believe it or not, we are smart enough to see right through it.

but write good stories with good actors, they will build and develop a fan base adn the show will be all the stronger for it (as in SG1 from its inception. With the exception of RDA, all the others were cast for thier abilities and skills...not fan bases)

'big' names spouting lines, eh, ya got talking heads. kinda like the nightly news, tv by the numbers
        I think that's one of the reasons Season 9 etc. was such a disaster.

Stunt casting.

Because my beloved Ben was not hired because he had such stunning chemistry with Chris, Amanda and Michael. He has some chemistry with Chris, the vibe with Amanda continues to feel forced to me 99% of the time and as for Michael? He (Michael) confessed at the beginning of Season 10 that they were still trying to "figure out" their chemistry.

He certainly wasn't hired because they had such a bang up idea for his character. Ben stated that they didn't want to nail anything down with him...thus the whole schizo aspect of his personality. As has been discussed, in order for him to "fit in" (and I use that terminology in the loosest of possible ways), they had to completely deconstruct the team. Further, as also has been discussed, the reality is that if Mitchell disappeared, SG-1 would not really be losing anything. He could be shot down in battle and it'd be sad for a few seconds...but they'd move on pretty quickly I think because there's really nothing all that special about him. I about choked when he hinted in Uninivited
        Spoiler:
        that he was Special Ops trained

I think Claudia is a better fit because I think her character is multidimensional and I can sense oodles of chemistry with all the originals. I don't like how she was brought into the team...I think it was a cop-out and a bit cliche...but I see potential there at least...whereas Mitchell is just another hot shot pilot with a 'tude.

The entire show was pinned onto a new premise and on the shoulders of the new characters...who by the way, weren't strong enough to hold the weight...while pretending to honor what made it special.

We see glimpses of the gate...and glimmers of the team of old...but they've lost the "thing"...and I think a big part of that has to do with the fact that if I no longer can stretch my level of disbelief regarding something as basic as the set up for the team...which was cobbled together with no regard to realism...the Über-cliched Ori didn't stand a chance.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I know I wouldn't be interested in Stargate Command with Landry, Mitchell and Vala. Too much water under the bridge.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
            snip
            I about choked when he hinted in Uninivited
            Spoiler:
            that he was Special Ops trained
            Oh, I thought that was Cam daydreaming, it certainly didn't make any sense other wise
            Last edited by Mandysg1; 12 December 2006, 12:52 PM.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
              I know I wouldn't be interested in Stargate Command with Landry, Mitchell and Vala. Too much water under the bridge.
              Not to mention the stench permeating from that water
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

to heck with STargate Command

They need Stargate Alpha Site

new commander, new cast, new crew. NEW WRITERS

The only thing that crosses over is a few ideas and names.

the 'old' actors can show up to start it off, then tehy go away. NO crossovers for the first season. minimal after that (think trek and the holodeck, maybe one crossover a year)

let it stand on it's own two feet

and don't hire named actors. don't get caught up paying a ton of money for mister A list actor. hire some dude who just happens to be dang good and let teh show grow on its own

but that would require guts and determination....and do you really think the cliche ridden homage kings are gonna do that????? it's too hard. they like it easy. the easier teh better.

so crank out the marty stu template tv adn then stand there and scratch your heads wondering just why folks see right through teh boobs, butts and bombs and change the channel
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Oh, I that was Cam daydreaming, it certainly didn't make any sense other wise
                  just wait. not only will he be a super special forces dude, he'll be a crack pilot, steaming lawyer, heart surgeon and wait, he does brain surgery in his spare time, along with knitting sweaters for the homeless and adopting abandoned puppies
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just wait. not only will he be a super special forces dude, he'll be a crack pilot, steaming lawyer, heart surgeon and wait, he does brain surgery in his spare time, along with knitting sweaters for the homeless and adopting abandoned puppies
                    You forgot about the PhDs in Astrophysics, Computer Science, Anthropology, polyglot (sp?),ATA gene ... (I'll think of more in a little while)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                      More like sewage.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Oh, I thought that was Cam daydreaming, it certainly didn't make any sense other wise
                        I thought we agreed that all of Seasons Nine and Ten were the result of Felger or a young, dumb Lieutenant Mitchell getting stuck in the VR machine.
                        Last edited by ReganX; 12 December 2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

As long as the only person Mitchell ever performs surgery on is himself, I'm okay with that part.

Comment

So I just read about the SG-1 pewter figures. All the members are sold indvidually except Teal'c. To get a Teal'c you have to buy a pack that includes Mitchell.

Teal'c, in an olive uniform, is available as an exclusive when purchased in a four-pack that includes the olive-garbed Mitchell, Carter, and Jackson. Each figurine, except for Teal'c, is also sold individually.

So If I want to buy the "classic" team, I am forced to buy a Mitchell too.
                            Last edited by Rogue; 12 December 2006, 01:38 PM.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Nah, then he will be just like superhewo Jack O'Neill, we don't want Mitchell to be just like Jackipoo.

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                              You forgot about the PhDs in Astrophysics, Computer Science, Anthropology, polyglot (sp?),ATA gene ... (I'll think of more in a little while)
                              Nah, that would make him too much like Dr. Daniel "3 PhDs before he reached 30 years old" Jackson, we don't want that either.

Comment

I'm lost. Would someone direct me to the anti-S10 thread, please? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X