S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Here in the UK we don't get the S9 boxset until the new year, but we have had individual volumes on sale for months. I've noticed that on Play.com the volumes are all reduced, most selling for £13.99 instead of the original price of £19.99. You can see some of these prices here.
    Even the pre-order price for the S9 boxsets has been reduced.
    All online shops are doing this from the start of the sale. I was buying my volumes of season 9 from Sendit.com this year and each of them was/is at 13.99 or 12.99 GBP from the start.
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally Posted by MediaSavant
      Personally, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that MGM will sell the rights to air the movies to SciFi instead of "straight to DVD". This all has the air of a high stakes poker game to me. MGM could be counting on SciFi to get desperate for programming--which is a possibility with BSG waning--and offer to buy the rights to the movies.

I haven't quite decided whether I would buy these DVD movies. I've never bought any Stargate DVD's. I'd prefer them to cut a deal with SciFi myself. That way I can keep paying for Stargate what I think it's worth--just being a small part of my cable bill. (aka "very little")

If at all possible, I'd rather pay 4 bucks to a pay per view movie channel to watch the movies. That is, if could.
      Last edited by LaCroix; 01 December 2006, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        C'mon let's be fair.

They could be trying to increase sales and therefore profit by marginally reducing the price .................

Nah, I don't believe it either but hey - I'm really biased I turned down a free S9 boxset!

Strange that the discounted thingy seems to be happening in quite a few places for S9. I noticed that here in Aus that the new Atlantis S2 boxset is selling for around $20 more than S9. What about in other places?
        Actually, when S9 came out, it retailed for around $74-79Aus, Atlantis 2 came out $10 cheaperat $64
        You have to remember that the current fat boxsets of SG-1 are being phased out and are being heavily discounted at the moment to clear them all out and make way for the slimline versions-like the current Atlantis editions.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Here in the UK we don't get the S9 boxset until the new year, but we have had individual volumes on sale for months. I've noticed that on Play.com the volumes are all reduced, most selling for £13.99 instead of the original price of £19.99. You can see some of these prices here.
          Even the pre-order price for the S9 boxsets has been reduced.

Play.com is an online store and they haven't reduced their prices at all. 19.99 is not an original sale price for them but the RRP (recommended retail price). The online stores never sell at the RRP, which is why they are being used more and more. A 5-6 pound reduction on a 20 pound RRP is the norm for them. I certainly never buy any DVD from the High Street, especially series sets!

Comment

What's happened here? Dec. 2 is the last post.

Comment

S10 stinks, we all know it, and the DVDs dont appear will be any better, we are waiting for them to prove it.

Plus I have lots of good video games to play.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I haven't looked at the DVD priceses lately--the sets were running 75-100 dollars. That's too much for many people on a budget who pay to get sci-fi anyways.

Cost would be a factor (for me anyways) on if I decide to buy the 2 DVD movies set to come out. If it's cheap enough--I will buy it--say, less than 20 dollars. But if they want forty bucks or more for a 2 hour DVD that deals with Vala and the Ori--I'll pass. The show simply isn't worth it.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                  S10 stinks, we all know it, and the DVDs dont appear will be any better, we are waiting for them to prove it.

Plus I have lots of good video games to play.
                  Trust me--not everyone KNOWS that 10 stinks. Some swear it's the better than season 1-7. Funny season 8 was never commented on.

I believe the majority of us are aware of just how bad they dropped the ball with season 9 and 10. I agree that the basics of the two movies don't sound that appealing. I will expect sales to be good at first till people start watching it and then posting thier reviews. If it is as bad as I think it will be--people will find out fast.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

to be fair, to some it doesn't stink. they're quite enjoying it.

which is fine and good for them.

the issue seems to be, 3-4 years ago, folks that hated the show were very much a minority. just a handful that didn't like things. but now folks that have issues with it seem to increase with each new season.

kinda suggests that, while the boys at bridge may adore their bright and shiny storyline and characters, more and more of the fandom don't share their opinon
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      to be fair, to some it doesn't stink. they're quite enjoying it.

which is fine and good for them.

the issue seems to be, 3-4 years ago, folks that hated the show were very much a minority. just a handful that didn't like things. but now folks that have issues with it seem to increase with each new season.

kinda suggests that, while the boys at bridge may adore their bright and shiny storyline and characters, more and more of the fandom don't share their opinon
                      [sarcasm]Speaking of movies, I read that MS will be staring in a fine SciFi movie named 'Megasnake' - can't hardly wait. (I was going to write 'schwing' but that would have just been vulgar)[/sarcasm]
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                        [sarcasm]Speaking of movies, I read that MS will be staring in a fine SciFi movie named 'Megasnake' - can't hardly wait. (I was going to write 'schwing' but that would have just been vulgar)[/sarcasm]
                        Oh boy, another fine dramatic SciFi movie to look forward to

Please don't wake me when it's on
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

maybe he's gonna go the way of bruce campbell and make a name for himself in the silly B movie market?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Those movies are soooooo low budget.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                              Those movies are soooooo low budget.
                              low budget?? those movies are so low they need a ladder to touch a caterpillars back side.
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                                low budget?? those movies are so low they need a ladder to touch a caterpillars back side.
                                maybe they will write in a scene where he quote Shakespeare, to show us how good the writing is
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X