No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, I can imagine a scenario where Hammond and O'Neill have been gone with no communicatin for the S9 and S10. They walk into the SGC, and are like WTH!!! This used to be a respectable military base, now it's like a frat house!

Hammond: What's that lady who tried to steal my ship and leave us starnded in space leading a SG team!

O'Neill: Are you guys the foothold aliens? My SG-1 used to have intelligence, now you guys act like a bunch of teenagers, and have the arrogance of teenagers! You are all fired!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      My thoughts on AM's writing

Caution Script Under Construction
      Actually I'm glad I didn't know it was an AM script before I watched it. I seem to have developed a reall dislike to his eps. Sad thing is he has good ideas, if his episodes were written better they would have made really good episodes. Maybe he could put forward story ideas and they could get a better writer in to write them.

Oi!! What am I saying??? They all need better writers!!

D
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
        lol, I can imagine a scenario where Hammond and O'Neill have been gone with no communicatin for the S9 and S10. They walk into the SGC, and are like WTH!!! This used to be a respectable military base, now it's like a frat house!

Hammond: What's that lady who tried to steal my ship and leave us starnded in space leading a SG team!

O'Neill: Are you guys the foothold aliens? My SG-1 used to have intelligence, now you guys act like a bunch of teenagers, and have the arrogance of teenagers! You are all fired!
        Jack: On second thought, the writers, directors and showrunners are all fired!

Hammond: Amen to that O'Neill, and someone get this thief off the base.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          I think the courts-martial should start with Landry, for stupidity in not locking down the mountain, and making Ba'al's passage more difficult. Also for not locking out Sam's access codes once she was comprimised and captured.

the SF's for allowing an armed Barrett into seeing the prisoner (um what is Security for!!!!)

If Landry had done his job right (in which Sam would think he did) then using her password shouldn't have worked and she could have used her computer skills to give a corrupted file to Ba'al and save the hostages!
          Oh, you and AGateFan are both so correct. This reprimand needs to come from a higher level! (She giggles with glee as she returns to her computer with an excuse to write Jack into the fanfic.)

Comment

Originally posted by g8tr
            Oh, you and AGateFan are both so correct. This reprimand needs to come from a higher level! (She giggles with glee as she returns to her computer with an excuse to write Jack into the fanfic.)
            Hey any reason is a good reason to write Jack into a fanfic
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

spoiler fix has a lead on episode 15
              Spoiler:
              it is sam centered
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                spoiler fix has a lead on episode 15
                Spoiler:
                it is sam centered
                Do you have a link
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Please don't tell me they are going to ruin Sam even more!

Comment

You may want to go to this link

http://www.spoilerfix.com/othershows.php

It in the Stargate Sg-1 list.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                      I can top that, since the main questions are: Why does Sam have access to a list which she doesn't need to have access to? And why is that, important, list accessable from every terminal inside the SG-C when that list should only be accessible form the controlroom? Why weren't the guards and invasion teams equiped with symbiot poison grenades? Why was Barrett's keycard capable of opening Ba'al's celldoor when he wasn't authorized to be near Ba'al?
                      sigh, greg my dear, LOGIC has no place in this show.

it's all about FUN. And we're supposed to be so busy having fun that we miss the plot holes you can drive a hatak ship through
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for Atlantis

Spoiler:
                        But there is a similar story for Weir on Atlantis soon. Boy TPTB are short on ideas.... they did this kind of thing to Sam before!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          sigh, greg my dear, LOGIC has no place in this show.

it's all about FUN. And we're supposed to be so busy having fun that we miss the plot holes you can drive a hatak ship through
                          The writers have forgotten what a Hatak ship is, lol

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

Thanks LaCroix

Hmmm? now what am I going to be watching on Friday night...I hear there's a quilting bee on
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

Soooo, it's taking fourteen episodes before there is a Sam centered episode. What are the odds Teal'c will get one before the Season over.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                                And I do see BB playing almost the same character in SG1 as he did in Farscape.
                                I really don't. At first I did, and I minded. Now I don't but I still mind.

In his first year Cam was perky, gung ho, rather out of his depth but mentally coping fine with it, and full of c21 pop culture asides. Just like Crighton had been at first.

Crighton changed though. He picked up soooo many hang ups, got himself a dark side, went slowly insane, faced two different and very formidable personal nemesisses (nemeses?), became an unwilling murderer, went from being the person no one ever asks for advice to being the most proactive character, lost his True Love... and all within the first two seasons. Okay, most of it happenned during s2 rather than s1, but still, you can see a pattern of continuous change in Crighton. S2 is a breathtaking performance and a really brave piece of storytelling (to have your lead character spend a season going mad a tiny step at a time and then turn killer isn't a move many shows could take).

I think Daniel Jackson is easy to write for. He gets so many good storylines, and there's always scope for MS to portray a continuously adjusting DJ. CJ manages it too. And BB CAN do it... but Cam's got so little grounding in the show that if BB WERE to decide to bring a nuance to Cam that he felt would make Cam 'grow', there's nothing to stop the writers writing Cam in the opposite direction to that nuance. (As happenned, I feel, in early s9 when BB played Cam so much more straight-laced than later scripts allowed him to be.)

I'm not saying I want a Cam Spends 15 Eps Going Loopy arc, but I'd really like it if the writers had *something* in mind to happen to be a Watershed moment for Cam. And for real in the show, not some flashback. Something, anything, to really shake him up. That has real repercussions, and gives Cam a new direction and more layers. Every other main character has had that, including Vala. I'm generally pretty positive about this show; I don't know why it is that I can't quite generate any faith that Cam will get the epiphany or catastrophe that he sorely needs. TPTB just haven't ever put the work into Cam that the original team got, or even that Vala got.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X