Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    Your right. Thats depressing.
    Oh well, not like I was going to watch it on sci fi anyway. I got the DVDs and will have my own Classic Stargate Marathon.
    Thats is exactly what I do.
    As an experiment--after watching a current ep, I then watch a classic SG ep.
    It is really revealing in how much SG has hit bottom.

Then comes my usual "I dont get it" moment--why? How?
    But I really feel now that I am moving on and am happy I have 8 yrs of material to fall back on.

Maybe thats why I didnt see what others saw in TPP.

Change in subject but I was thinking the other day--as a baby boomer who has loved sci-fi since I was a kid (you know that means orginal Star trek, Lost in Space in black and white etc...) that I dont understand why there isnt more sci-fi programming??

yikes! I am old!

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
      Thats is exactly what I do.
      As an experiment--after watching a current ep, I then watch a classic SG ep.
      It is really revealing in how much SG has hit bottom.

Then comes my usual "I dont get it" moment--why? How?
      But I really feel now that I am moving on and am happy I have 8 yrs of material to fall back on.

Maybe thats why I didnt see what others saw in TPP.

Change in subject but I was thinking the other day--as a baby boomer who has loved sci-fi since I was a kid (you know that means orginal Star trek, Lost in Space in black and white etc...) that I dont understand why there isnt more sci-fi programming??

yikes! I am old!
      I remember Captain Video and when I think of Flash Gordon I think of Buster Crabbe. I also think that Ming the Merciless was a Goa'uld, possibly a rival of Lord Yu.

No dust on my DVDs either but I was comparing TPP to Season 9.
      1 to 8 may wind up being the golden age. I wasn't even going to buy 8. Then I saw 9.

The promo for 200 was in a spot during Eureka last night. I am not happy.
      (and I'm not much interested in Eureka either.)
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

The promo for 200 was in a spot during Eureka last night. I am not happy.
        Well, I've been wrong before - I didn't watch TOG for over a year, because I thought the premise when I read about it sucked and then when I did watch it I adored it and have ever since - but I'll join you in the Not Happy Corner for now.

It seems as though my initial misgivings back when I first read the spoilers have come to pass with
        Spoiler:
        the screen doing that wibbly wobbly thing as we seque into various versions of Stargate: the Movie as envisaged by the SG1 members, so that we're actually getting to see various movie spoofs acted out in appropriate costume.

Sadly, at this moment, I cannot think of anything more cheesy. But, you know, they MIGHT pull it off and make it funny instead. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. But rather suspect I'll be bitterly disappointed. Certainly, nothing in the trailer made me so much as chuckle. All I did was groan like you do on hearing a bad joke.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Okay so I'm having a hard time picking out TEN episodes from Seasons 1-8 (I can't include NINE at all) as ones I want to see again with the exception of the following:

Foothold...Just because it's cool. Evil!Janet! *gasp*
          The Other Side...GREAT team angst
          Window of Opportunity...I ask you. What could POSSIBLY be in my eye that would explain this??!??

So I need 7 more. And no, there doesn't have to be a theme like Jack centric or Sam centric etc. Just generally great episodes, preferrably where they all shine.

Thoughts?

On Edit: I'm asking this question here because, generally speaking, most people here aren't thrilled with the new, shiny direction of the show and long for the good ol' days. Perhaps even have episodes in mind as their personal faves and I'd love to hear 'em.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
            I was wondering why Skydiver thought someone from SciFi was influencing SG1 to make it more silly. Have we heard that they are doing this?
            various commetns have been made, such as rob saying that scifi said they just HAD to have vala back at the end of s9, no matter if CB was pregnant or not, and other bits and pieces here and tehre are what lead me to believe that someone at skiffy is directing things. they're calling the shots. 'cast this person' 'we'd like to see a story like this' 'our ad campaignwill focus on ___ so make sure that ____ has plenty of screen time' etc
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Okay so I'm having a hard time picking out TEN episodes from Seasons 1-8 (I can't include NINE at all) as ones I want to see again with the exception of the following:

Window of Opportunity...I ask you. What could POSSIBLY be in my eye that would explain this??!??

So I need 7 more. And no, there doesn't have to be a theme like Jack centric or Sam centric etc. Just generally great episodes, preferrably where they all shine.

Thoughts?

On Edit: I'm asking this question here because, generally speaking, most people here aren't thrilled with the new, shiny direction of the show and long for the good ol' days. Perhaps even have episodes in mind as their personal faves and I'd love to hear 'em.
              You mean your having a hard time picking JUST ten, right? Because I can pick ten with realitive ease... of course then I find another one I want to watch and have to go back and edit my first 10 and then another, and then another... and then a 2 parter............aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggg sooo harrrrddd.

Foothold... was on my list
              The Other Side...was on my list
              Window of Opportunity...cant imagin this not being on someones list.
              I have great love for the first time I ever saw Thors ship and of course you need some history so ..

Thors hammer.
              Thors Chariot.
              The Fifth Race.
              Solitudes is good and I am not a shipper.
              Beneath the Surface for another great TEAM ep
              1969 TEAM TEAM TEAM
              Dead Mans Switch... cool team and cool badguy and tokra.
              URGO funny team (dang they all seem like team eps)
              Upgrades more funny team (except poor teal'c but back then they couldnt wall paper him no matter how hard they tried)
              48 hours if you need reminder of why people were rude to Rodney
              Fail Safe - Super team... "I have faith, me too, as do I" love that.
              Desent - Team with Jacob and Maj Davis.
              ooh, ooh.... Jacob in THE SERPENT'S VENOM. Team and GOOD teal'c Whump (look Mr stronghold writer and see how it SHOULD have been done)
              Nightwalker... Sam large and in charge.
              ALLEGIANCE .... remember when we had cool allies.
              PARADISE LOST ,,, Jack gets to shoot Maybourn!!!
              Both Lost Cities. weir 1
              Both New Orders weir 2 Daniel, Jack, Sam, teal'c, THOR! *you got aspirn
              Both Reckonings.
              Both Mobieus to say goodbye to CLASSIC SG-1 and thus ends the marathon.

That cant be more then 10 because I skipped a ton of really good eps... so that just has to be 10.... really.... the 2 parters count only as one ep.... really .... I swear.

Seriously, just about everything back in the day seemed like a team ep. Even Solitudes where the team was split but Daniel was still so involved in saving them... maybe teal'c could have used a few lines but that was back in season one when he was playing the Stoic Alien.

God I loved this show.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                You mean your having a hard time picking JUST ten, right? Because I can pick ten with realitive ease... of course then I find another one I want to watch and have to go back and edit my first 10 and then another, and then another... and then a 2 parter............aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggg sooo harrrrddd.

Foothold... was on my list
                The Other Side...was on my list
                Window of Opportunity...cant imagin this not being on someones list.
                I have great love for the first time I ever saw Thors ship and of course you need some history so ..

Thors hammer.
                Thors Chariot.
                The Fifth Race.
                Solitudes is good and I am not a shipper.
                Beneath the Surface for another great TEAM ep
                1969 TEAM TEAM TEAM
                Dead Mans Switch... cool team and cool badguy and tokra.
                URGO funny team (dang they all seem like team eps)
                Upgrades more funny team (except poor teal'c but back then they couldnt wall paper him no matter how hard they tried)
                48 hours if you need reminder of why people were rude to Rodney
                Fail Safe - Super team... "I have faith, me too, as do I" love that.
                Desent - Team with Jacob and Maj Davis.
                ooh, ooh.... Jacob in THE SERPENT'S VENOM. Team and GOOD teal'c Whump (look Mr stronghold writer and see how it SHOULD have been done)
                Nightwalker... Sam large and in charge.
                ALLEGIANCE .... remember when we had cool allies.
                PARADISE LOST ,,, Jack gets to shoot Maybourn!!!
                Both Lost Cities. weir 1
                Both New Orders weir 2 Daniel, Jack, Sam, teal'c, THOR! *you got aspirn
                Both Reckonings.
                Both Mobieus to say goodbye to CLASSIC SG-1 and thus ends the marathon.

That cant be more then 10 because I skipped a ton of really good eps... so that just has to be 10.... really.... the 2 parters count only as one ep.... really .... I swear.

Seriously, just about everything back in the day seemed like a team ep. Even Solitudes where the team was split but Daniel was still so involved in saving them... maybe teal'c could have used a few lines but that was back in season one when he was playing the Stoic Alien.

God I loved this show.
                ROFL. Yes...JUST ten.

And I see you share my dilemma.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Thoughts?

I really like "A Matter of Time", "COTG", "Broca Divide", "Heroes" and "Abyss". I was trying to remember the shows with McKay. Oh, I forgot "Watergate" and that episode with the Russian submarine and the replicators.

I have no trouble.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    various commetns have been made, such as rob saying that scifi said they just HAD to have vala back at the end of s9, no matter if CB was pregnant or not, and other bits and pieces here and tehre are what lead me to believe that someone at skiffy is directing things. they're calling the shots. 'cast this person' 'we'd like to see a story like this' 'our ad campaignwill focus on ___ so make sure that ____ has plenty of screen time' etc
                    Thanks.
                    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

this 'poll' will just be used by whomever 'wins' to prove that thier preferences are 'right'

thus it really means nothing. and i say that even knowing that, if there are no s9 eps in the marathon, folks in here will be crowing over it
                      Well... I was planning on crowing with dignity and grace.

Comment

nope, they won't

and you're really presuming that it's an 'honest' poll. in that skiffy won't use it as an excuse to air what they want or that some folks won't just wear out their mouse buttons voting over and over and over
                        Scifi's ultimate goal is high ratings. They answer to the ad community and the revenue they represent more than any other thing.

That tells me that they have the most incentive to use the poll to tell them which episodes will get them the highest ratings.

They don't play around when it comes to ratings and revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                          Scifi's ultimate goal is high ratings. They answer to the ad community and the revenue they represent more than any other thing.

That tells me that they have the most incentive to use the poll to tell them which episodes will get them the highest ratings.

They don't play around when it comes to ratings and revenue.
                          They've played around with ratings and revenue for a year. What's stopping them this time?

Comment

I have an idea. Instead of having a Viewers' Choice Poll, how about once a week Sci-fi has a seasons 1 thru 9 day long marathon. I know I'd watch.

Comment

I see both Shows did a 1.5 in the ratings.Their has to be real concern at Bridge and SciFi.The ratings problem from Season 9 for both Shows seems to be worse so far in Season 10 and Season 3 for SG-1 and Atlantis.Atlantis is only in it's 3rd Season so the ratings are a real problem for Atlantis.I though a crossover would help the ratings a bit.

Comment

Hmmmm! It seems that nobody was very impressed with last friday's showing-so much so-they were extremely unimpressed when it was repeated.;

now-do you think they got the point?

*looks around

Huh! Didn't think so!
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X