S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Atlantis got a 1.5.

This may be inaccurate though, so I'll wait for final judgement until the GW report comes in. (No envy for Darren wording that report if it's true...I remember how upset some people were last year by that phrase "fails to impress"...) However, it would explain why Skiffy hasn't said anything about the Stargate ratings from last Friday yet crowed about the really high ratings (3+ I think) of Eureka from this Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      And Atlantis got a 1.5.

This may be inaccurate though, so I'll wait for final judgement until the GW report comes in. (No envy for Darren wording that report if it's true...I remember how upset some people were last year by that phrase "fails to impress"...) However, it would explain why Skiffy hasn't said anything about the Stargate ratings from last Friday yet crowed about the really high ratings (3+ I think) of Eureka from this Tuesday.
      If true these ratings are very odd, especially after an episode like Camelot.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
        For every person you find that would gush and rave about it, I can find another one who was unimpressed. That particular episode I was totally ambivalent about which doesn't say much considering it was a cliffhanger season finale.

Maybe all those people that were told to "stop complaining and just turn it off" did.

However, I'm waiting for the "official" release of the ratings before further comment.
        -

Comment

Keep in mind, as always the ratings for a particular episode have very little to do with THAT actual episode but with the over all feeling of the fans toward the show, and what other things are going on that day.

Although, normally stargate starts out super strong, slides down a bit and stays steady and then takes a hit when Friday football starts until second half of the season. So if these are indeed true ratings (which I wont buy until we see a second source) then I would say this does not bode well. What will the numbers be when Friday Football starts?

Oh, well, doesnt matter to me. I was one of the (seemingly) millions of people that couldnt be bothered with tuning in and wont unless I hear of drastic (and good) changes...<<< see I like change. I did catch Atlantis on tape though and will try to watch that but its hard considering its sandwiched between a show that currently makes me hurl every time I see it.

BTW... if the ratings are true... maybe its the bad timeslot

EDIT: OH, wait you said Camelot I thought you said F&B... ok the ratings probably do have a lot to do with THAT episode. And I think these ratings (if true...which they may not be) actually reflect THAT episode quite well.
          Last edited by AGateFan; 20 July 2006, 01:55 PM.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It could be that like RealmOfX pointed out as well.
            Or maybe it's Stargate fatigue.
            Nothing can compete with sports, especially when it's football (American or European).
            School is overrated.

Comment

It could be that like RealmOfX pointed out as well.
              Or maybe it's Stargate fatigue.
              Nothing can compete with sports, especially when it's football (American or European).
              I don't recall there being football on last Friday (but then again I don't like football), but this doesn't explain that the opening season show did so poorly, since it's normally the highest rated show of each season, a long with the usual cliffhanger season ending shows I guess if the B@B don't open their eyes than Skiffy, MGM, NBC, Sony (am I forgetting anybody ) should open their eyes for them...I mean if they can force them to put Mitchell in charge of SG1 then they should be able to tell them to go back and fix the show (okay so that was sarcasm)
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                I don't recall there being football on last Friday (but then again I don't like football), but this doesn't explain that the opening season show did so poorly, since it's normally the highest rated show of each season, a long with the usual cliffhanger season ending shows I guess if the B@B don't open their eyes than Skiffy, MGM, NBC, Sony (am I forgetting anybody ) should open their eyes for them...I mean if they can force them to put Mitchell in charge of SG1 then they should be able to tell them to go back and fix the show (okay so that was sarcasm)
                Neither RealmOfX nor AGateFan implied that because it was football on July the 14th but because of the quality of Camelot that they and those who viewed it as being bad, and chose not to watch Flesh and Blood made the ratings of the opener be so (supposedly) bad. AGateFan wondered if that is true what would be the ratings of SG-1 when football season starts, as him I too wonder how bad will they get.
                This is what I understood from their statements, and if I understood wrong please, RealmOfX and/or AGateFan, correct my error of judgement.
                School is overrated.

Comment

Neither RealmOfX nor AGateFan implied that because it was football on July the 14th but because of the quality of Camelot that they and those who viewed it as being bad, and chose not to watch Flesh and Blood made the ratings of the opener be so (supposedly) bad. AGateFan wondered if that is true what would be the ratings of SG-1 when football season starts, as him I too wonder how bad will they get.
                  This is what I understood from their statements, and if I understood wrong please, RealmOfX and/or AGateFan, correct my error of judgement.
                  You understood what I said.
                  IMHO if the ratings are bad (which I have nothing but one website to say that) then I do not think it has anything to do with the Flesh and Blood episode but it could have something to do with Camelot. If people (like me) didnt happen to like the ep then we would not really feel compelled to watch Flesh and Blood.

Also, Stargate seems to have always had a trend in its ratings.
                  Start high
                  Level off
                  Take a dive when Friday football starts (highschool and pro preseason)
                  Then it picks up again at midseason finally and 2nd half premeir.

So if the ratings start at 1.5 then if the trend continues it should hang around 1.4 1.3 or so and then dip to abou 1.0... note I am just yanking those ratings out of mid air maybe its more like 1.5 then 1.4 then 1.2... I dont know for sure I just remember everyone pointing out last year when the first low ratings came it that football had started. Someone then went back and did a trend analsys and found this occured every year its been on sci fi..... at least I think I remember this... maybe I just dreamed it
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think it's the overall seasonal ratings that determines if the show is going to be renewed or not. Think about it. There are going to be episodes where the ratings will fall here and there throughout the season(s). This applies with the good ratings as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      So if the ratings start at 1.5 then if the trend continues it should hang around 1.4 1.3 or so and then dip to abou 1.0... note I am just yanking those ratings out of mid air maybe its more like 1.5 then 1.4 then 1.2... I dont know for sure I just remember everyone pointing out last year when the first low ratings came it that football had started. Someone then went back and did a trend analsys and found this occured every year its been on sci fi..... at least I think I remember this... maybe I just dreamed it
                      What are the ratings points worth this season? Last year and the year before, each point was worth 1,340,000 viewers.

1.5 would be a very inauspicious start, given that the two Avalons were the highest rated last year.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        What are the ratings points worth this season? Last year and the year before, each point was worth 1,340,000 viewers.

1.5 would be a very inauspicious start, given that the two Avalons were the highest rated last year.
                        Especially when it featured it two new stars.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX

Exactly, given that the trend usually has the first and last shows of the seasons draw the highest ratings...this does not bode well for the rest of the season, unless drastic changes (for the good, unlike S9) are made and advertised to draw back disheartened fans, if that's even possible
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Wow, a possible 1.4! Looks like the dead parrot sketch may need to be quoted.

I await official confirmation with interest. I'm thinking if SG-1 this season regularly pulls anything less than the lowest S6 rating (& I think skiffy will disregard the more households argument - they did with Farscape) it's Goodbye Vienna.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                              Wow, a possible 1.4! Looks like the dead parrot sketch may need to be quoted.

I await official confirmation with interest. I'm thinking if SG-1 this season regularly pulls anything less than the lowest S6 rating (& I think skiffy will disregard the more households argument - they did with Farscape) it's Goodbye Vienna.

I too am waiting for Sci-fi to post the ratings. This time I'm erring on the side of caution.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                                I too am waiting for Sci-fi to post the ratings. This time I'm erring on the side of caution.
                                And yet we, wonder why they didn't post them right away
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X