S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    lol, i was thinking the other 3 Bs, boobs, butts and bombs. They only way that scene could have been saved from the cutting room floor is having the women dressed in low cut, tight fitting clothes, running from bombs while carrying on their female bonding conversation.
    oh..two words: locker room.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      lol, i was thinking the other 3 Bs, boobs, butts and bombs. They only way that scene could have been saved from the cutting room floor is having the women dressed in low cut, tight fitting clothes, running from bombs while carrying on their female bonding conversation.
      no, they'd have had to have been discussing which of the boys they wanted to shag. that woulda stayed.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        no, they'd have had to have been discussing which of the boys they wanted to shag. that woulda stayed.
        true. a female bonding moment in a locker room would ruin many-a-teenage (and-not-so-teenage) boys' fantasy.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
          so Brad Wright sees the show as a "comedy"? really???
          Dunno about Brad Wright, but I certainly see the show as a joke, these days.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

lately, the show is a joke...one best tolerated enjoyed under hte influence of alcohol

that way the pain and embarrassment is easier to take

sigpic

Comment

lately, the show is a joke...one best tolerated enjoyed under hte influence of alcohol

but ocifer, how can be under the alcofluence of incohol? I've only had a drink to drop.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Any advice for non-drinkers?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

And here I am with my danged allergy meds, and not allowed to touch the stuff! Bah. Some drambouie would make season 9 - and season 10 - easier to bear, that's for certain sure.

I do wonder if the PTB-Continuum realizes that there're people like me out here: people who used to be fans of the show, but who now expound on the embarrassment to broadcasting that it's become, with even more eloquence than we employed in praising the show in years gone by? People who tout it as 'must mock' television? People who publicly wonder how any self-respecting company would want to their products to be associated with such shoddy and laughable cant by advertising in the midst of it? People who explain who wrote and directed and produced the dreck when they're denouncing it as dreck?

I think TPTB are making it exponentially harder for their next project(s) to succeed by fostering this kind of attitude in the genre fans who actually have the money to buy their sponsors' products. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if that next project had to come from outside the Stargate universe - when Sci Fi has its tenth season, I doubt they have a contractual obligation for a third series, much less that they have it with the b@b.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                    Dunno about Brad Wright, but I certainly see the show as a joke, these days.
                    Bingo.
                    I need more green to give out.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      Any advice for non-drinkers?
                      chocolate

or sex. you and your sig other could have a little fun during the show...if s/he has any skill, you won't even notice the cliches and silliness

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                        And here I am with my danged allergy meds, and not allowed to touch the stuff! Bah. Some drambouie would make season 9 - and season 10 - easier to bear, that's for certain sure.

I do wonder if the PTB-Continuum realizes that there're people like me out here: people who used to be fans of the show, but who now expound on the embarrassment to broadcasting that it's become, with even more eloquence than we employed in praising the show in years gone by? People who tout it as 'must mock' television? People who publicly wonder how any self-respecting company would want to their products to be associated with such shoddy and laughable cant by advertising in the midst of it? People who explain who wrote and directed and produced the dreck when they're denouncing it as dreck?

I think TPTB are making it exponentially harder for their next project(s) to succeed by fostering this kind of attitude in the genre fans who actually have the money to buy their sponsors' products. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if that next project had to come from outside the Stargate universe - when Sci Fi has its tenth season, I doubt they have a contractual obligation for a third series, much less that they have it with the b@b.
                        i don't think they look that far ahead

and to be honest, as long as members of the industry don't care, why should they?

do you really think any of them will take any 'blame' for anything that's done??? will it be spoken that stargate died because of dumbing down of the plot or silly jokes or a lack of quality???

no, it'll be written off as too much network competition onfriday nights and a dozen other things that allows themto remain blameless

sigpic

Comment

chocolate

or sex. you and your sig other could have a little fun during the show...if s/he has any skill, you won't even notice the cliches and silliness
                          Chocolate it is.

I can carry on training the cat too. I wonder if her opinion of Vala will be as low as her opinion of Mitchell seems to be.

Comment

and to be honest, as long as members of the industry don't care, why should they?

do you really think any of them will take any 'blame' for anything that's done??? will it be spoken that stargate died because of dumbing down of the plot or silly jokes or a lack of quality???
                            Oh, their future projects are assured word of mouth 'advertising' at the viewer level about what they with Stargate when they got the bit in their teeth. I can swear to that.

Comment

no, it'll be written off as too much network competition onfriday nights and a dozen other things that allows themto remain blameless
                              Nobody is going to want to come out and say "We made some bad choices and our new direction for the show didn't work out as well as we hoped."

I'd say that after Stargate comes to an inglorious end, the blamestorming will cover network competition, budget costs, the fickle fans, the weather...

Comment

exactly. no one will go on record saying 'my mistakes killed the show'....cause they like wanna get jobs after the show is over.

and yes, they will blame anyone and everyone else that they can

and the ultimate guilty party will be magnets

it's all about magnets

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X