Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

see, s9 was so boring even the hewoic star fell asleep
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        see, s9 was so boring even the hewoic star fell asleep
        Janet came back from the dead and knocked him out so her friends wouldn't get hurt.

Comment

Cam's sleeping the sweet sleep of those who have no idea how far in over their heads they've gotten themselves.

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            Janet came back from the dead and knocked him out so her friends wouldn't get hurt.
            Oh, if only....
            "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipShape
              Oh, if only....
              Don't give up hope yet, when "As the Stargate Turns" starts TPTB can truly make it a soap opera.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I wonder what BB thinks as an actor coming into a long running popular show as the lead actor?
                I mean--can he be un-aware of the direction the show is going with his character and CB character?

Comment

he may know...but what can he do?

he has a job to do, and he doesn't have the wherewithal to stand up and say 'dude, this bites'

it's hard to be outspoken when you're the new guy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                    I wonder what BB thinks as an actor coming into a long running popular show as the lead actor?
                    I mean--can he be un-aware of the direction the show is going with his character and CB character?
                    Well probably when they were courting him for the show, it was a different show, he may have thought it would have been like the old show...you know with quality. They were originally going to have him as a Major, but when he started the show everything changed! So you never know what he thought at first and what he thinks now
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                      I don't know. The role as lead actor could have been one of his own conditions for signing up, or it could have been something that caught him completely offguard when TPTB put him in that position.

Being so new to the show, he mightn't feel comfortable telling the writers and producers that the storylines for and the personality, role and background of Mitchell don't make sense.

Personally, I would say that it is a mistake for any established show to bring over more than one actor from another show, especially at the same time, because the new actors will have had a rapport and dynamic on their former show, as their former characters that will be recreated, whether consciously or unconsciously, by the way their new characters are written, something set apart from their characters' interactions with the established characters.

It would be the same if, for example, Renee O'Connor was brought onto Battlestar Galactica. Lucy Lawless as D'Anna Biers can play a role on Battlestar Galactica and develop her new character. With both Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor on Battlestar Galactica, it could very easily become a case of Xena and Gabrielle on Battlestar Galactica, in no small part because there would be Xena fans who would want to see plenty of screentime for the two actors together and the producers would want those fans to keep watching.

Comment

we can't really say that we know in any way what ben thinks about what's happened.

he could very well be in the same boat as claudia who expressed concerns about vala's actions and was ignored, or amanda who said 'sam would not kisspete on the job' and who was also ignored

i'd like us to be careful about putting words in the actor's mouths. thus far, no one has gone too far,but this is a preemptive 'be careful' please

sigpic

Comment

After reading the latest spoilers and AT interview, I really hold no hope for Season 10.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            After reading the latest spoilers and AT interview, I really hold no hope for Season 10.
                            Rogue-what AT interview?
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                              Rogue-what AT interview?
                              The interview on GW home page.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                                The interview on GW home page.
                                a decade with sam? ugh. no.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X