S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
    Your right we are hardly ever portrayed the right way. My senior year there were more cheerleaders and football players in the top ten percent of the class then any other sports.
    That's it!!! We send a squad of cheerleaders over to the B@B have them spell it out to them....W-E W-A-N-T Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y and for to stop being such sexist p#gs
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I had an idea for an episode of Season Ten, to air around Christmas.

Paying homage to (aka. ripping off) "It's A Wonderful Life", Mitchell becomes depressed and starts to think that maybe SG-1 would have been better off if he had never joined.

As Oma is otherwise occupied and Orlin is in a home, Shifu and/or Skaara appear to Mitchell and show him what SG-1 would be like if he had never been a part of it.

Spoiler:
      Unsurprisingly, Mitchell turns out to be right about something for once - SG-1 would be much, much better off without him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

give them time. that'll probably be the season finale.

mitch in mortal jeopardy, everyone worries about him, rememers their favorite mitch moment during the obligatory infirmary vigil...and he wakes up and everyone is releived

if they need any help, the fanfic archives are crammed full of fic along that line. I can point them towards some HC authors that bring the cliche of an injured marty sue to life
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          give them time. that'll probably be the season finale.

mitch in mortal jeopardy, everyone worries about him, rememers their favorite mitch moment during the obligatory infirmary vigil...and he wakes up and everyone is releived
          Does he have to wake up?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            Does he have to wake up?
            Not as far as I'm concerned. They can do some kind of "Ancient Suspended Animation Perfected After The Return From Atlantis to Earth" thing with him, and stick him in a cave with his sword upon his chest, there to slumber until Earth needs Arthur Cameron to return again.

[/maudlin crap homage]
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Not as far as I'm concerned. They can do some kind of "Ancient Suspended Animation Perfected After The Return From Atlantis to Earth" thing with him, and stick him in a cave with his sword upon his chest, there to slumber until Earth needs Arthur Cameron to return again.

[/maudlin crap homage]
              We'll be sealing the cave with an Asgard forcefield and putting a big "Do Not Disturb" sign outside, I take it?

Comment

We'll be sealing the cave with an Asgard forcefield and putting a big "Do Not Disturb" sign outside, I take it?
                I was kinda hoping that after the forcefield and the big sign (in multiple languages) we'd be using more Ancient tech to remove the whole cave to another dimension, boobytrapping it, and the entrance to said dimension, and then
                giving the means to enter said dimension to whomever the Ori worship, after convincing them that it holds the key to their ultimate destruction. That should make them into another layer of more than Ascended defense.

Comment

I was kinda hoping that after the forcefield and the big sign (in multiple languages) we'd be using more Ancient tech to remove the whole cave to another dimension, boobytrapping it, and the entrance to said dimension, and then
                  giving the means to enter said dimension to whomever the Ori worship, after convincing them that it holds the key to their ultimate destruction. That should make them into another layer of more than Ascended defense.
                  I nominate you to be in charge of taking care of sleeping Mitchell.

Comment

Where does the time dialation device and back whole fit in....
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      Where does the time dialation device and back whole fit in....
                      Are we throwing Mitchell into a black hole with a time dilation device strapped to him?

Comment

Are we throwing Mitchell into a black hole with a time dilation device strapped to him?
                        Actually, yes.

I had a half composed post to that effect sitting in the editor when company arrived here! LOL!

And we're using the time dilation device to contract time on this occasion, so that Mitchell goes down the gullett of the charged, rotating black hole - and out into another universe - in a googleth of a nanosecond. Thereby, Mitchell will become someone else's problem. (TM.) And, it's only fair, since I believe that to be how he ended up in our Stargate universe: the united inhabitants of another universe, upon realizing that Mitchell was a danger to intelligent life in their reality, called upon the greatest minds in that reality, and they devised a method to exile Mitchell to another universe - ours.

And I say, one good deed deserves another, share the wealth, and pass the blessings on. Time to send Mitchell (and Vala, and Landry, and Lam) to spread the gospel of their own sainted schlock and holy horsehockey elsewhere, and then to defend our reality from any relapse.

:and there was rejoicing in (Simha's household, at least) the universe:

Comment

Actually, yes.

I had a half composed post to that effect sitting in the editor when company arrived here! LOL!

And we're using the time dilation device to contract time on this occasion, so that Mitchell goes down the gullett of the charged, rotating black hole - and out into another universe - in a googleth of a nanosecond. Thereby, Mitchell will become someone else's problem. (TM.) And, it's only fair, since I believe that to be how he ended up in our Stargate universe: the united inhabitants of another universe, upon realizing that Mitchell was a danger to intelligent life in their reality, called upon the greatest minds in that reality, and they devised a method to exile Mitchell to another universe - ours.

And I say, one good deed deserves another, share the wealth, and pass the blessings on. Time to send Mitchell (and Vala, and Landry, and Lam) to spread the gospel of their own sainted schlock and holy horsehockey elsewhere, and then to defend our reality from any relapse.

:and there was rejoicing in (Simha's household, at least) the universe:
                          In my house too. Even my cats don't like Mitchell. I tried teaching one of them to growl at him but so far all she's done is try to swipe at the TV when he appeared or stalk out of the room in disgust.

Comment

In my house too. Even my cats don't like Mitchell. I tried teaching one of them to growl at him but so far all she's done is try to swipe at the TV when he appeared or stalk out of the room in disgust.
                            "Mitchell - too inferior to merit the contempt of a cat."

That truly says it all.

Comment

That truly says it all.
                              It's especially telling because she's all cuddly and purry when we're watching DVDs of the first eight seasons.

Comment

That truly says it all.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X