No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am waiting for the spoilers about a living ship!

Comment

give em time

remember they alledgedly have those eps when MS is off, also amanda's supposed crossover to atlantis

that'd be a perfect time to finish scaping the bottom of the plot bowl
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        give em time

remember they alledgedly have those eps when MS is off, also amanda's supposed crossover to atlantis

that'd be a perfect time to finish scaping the bottom of the plot bowl
        I'm not sure whether I want SG-1 to continue after the third spinoff begins or not. The way I see it if they run the three shows at once, they'll either use SG-1 as a platform to launch the Cam and Vala show, possibly sending poor Daniel off with them, and keep Sam and Teal'c on SG-1 with a couple of new characters (unknown actors to keep the budget down), in which case SG-1 might have a chance to recover, since a fair chunk of the budget and the special effects will probably be devoted to the Cam and Vala show, leaving them with little alternative but to concentrate on the characters for SG-1 or if Cam and Vala continue on SG-1, maybe Sam, Teal'c and possibly Daniel will be moved to the new show so that Cam and Vala's place in the limelight remains unchallenged and there's nothing standing in the way of reshaping Stargate: SG-1 as Farscape Junior.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i've honestly never given much thought to stargate continuing

skiffy has this sexist ideal that the show MUST have a male hewo lead. and, in your scenario, sam would be the lead(no disrespect to cj/teal'c but he's always been part of the cast/supporting character, not 'glue' material) so the only way i'd see sg1 continuing is if they find yet another 'my show was cancelled' scifi actor to usurp sam's role as leader

there is also the fact that the B@B can BARELY handle 40 eps of a show, there's no way in hades they could do 60. and they're so entrenched in their boys club that they won't let anyone else in - lord forbid they let anyone else in, might show them up

i've just pretty much figured that Fargate-lite will replace sg1 (citing money issues) and the sg actors will be shunted over to atlantis whenever it needs a ratings boost

i do have to admit, the thought of a sam/teal'c centered show???? appeals mightily. they can have FargateLite for the children among us, atlantis for the middle ground and a more intelligent show for those among us that have risen above potty humor and sex jokes
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            i do have to admit, the thought of a sam/teal'c centered show???? appeals mightily. they can have FargateLite for the children among us, atlantis for the middle ground and a more intelligent show for those among us that have risen above potty humor and sex jokes
            *drools over prospect of sam/teal'c-centered show*

Yep. Gotta love the fantasy life, eh? In a perfect world, noobs would be shunted over to their hanky-panky spin-off with the old writing staff, and s/d/t could stay on THEIR show with new blood.

Ahhh... The possibilities.

Oh, I was gonna go back in time and fix a few things in the Stargate world, but now I think I'm just gonna go back in time in the REAL world, and somehow stop Sci Fi from canceling Farscape. We'll see how that works out.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Oh, I was gonna go back in time and fix a few things in the Stargate world, but now I think I'm just gonna go back in time in the REAL world, and somehow stop Sci Fi from canceling Farscape. We'll see how that works out.
              Stop them making Farscape until the 2006/2007 TV year. It ran for four years, right? That way it'll be Season Fifteen before TPTB can lure the actors over to Stargate.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I just saw this over at Scifi.com

There's an episode where Daniel and Vala go out to dinner to talk about her personal growth, so to speak, and there's all the innuendo and misconception that can happen in that kind of situation."
                Do we really need to see more of Vala talking about herself with another character? Do they really need these scenes to get the audience to 'believe' that these characters have grown? I guess they do since they have no idea of how to show it without guest writters. My bet is that most of the episodes that involved good character development were done by guest writers and those that were hiered by Showtime. But whose contracts ended when SG1 went to Scifi.
                Last edited by Amanda Eros; 02 June 2006, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Hey Toaster
                  My husband set the toaster on fire this week and you came to mind!
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    Hey Toaster
                    *snort*

I can just imagine the dialogue...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                      Hey Toaster
                      HA!
                      Though let it be known that I've never actually set a toaster on fire. Yet. For some reason the burning kitchen appliance came to mind when I was deciding on a user name.

I can't imagine that they'll have three Stargate series running simultaneously. I guess it's possible, but the quality of all three would suffer even more than the two currently are. I'm positive that SG1 has one, two at the absolute most, seasons left and then the third spinoff could take over.

I'm ashamed to admit that a second movie and a third spinoff don't sound very interesting to me. Maybe if this was news a year ago, before season nine and season two, I would be more excited. Now it's just "meh". I haven't been very impressed with the writing, the spoilers are worrisome, and I don't think things would improve drastically in the third spinoff as long as the current PTB are in charge.

Comment

I still want a Movie but if it's not done soon I will start to loose interest.I still cannot believe TPTB are taking about a third TV Series.TPTB have their hands full as it is with two shows.It's another sign of TPTB looking to make every last cent.IMO TPTB should be focusing on wrapping up SG-1 with Season 10 then an SG-1 Movie than focus on making Atlantis a great Show and then think about another SG Series.

Comment

Personally--I dont think we will see anymore SG seasons after S10 IMO. However, TPTB are far from done milking the franchise to death.

Comment

Originally posted by posted by Amanda Eros from scifi.com
                            There's an episode where Daniel and Vala go out to dinner to talk about her personal growth, so to speak, and there's all the innuendo and misconception that can happen in that kind of situation."
                            wait, wait. hold on, i see it.

"There's an episode where Daniel and Vala go out to dinner to talk about her personal growth, so to speak, and there's all the innuendo and misconception that can happen in that kind of situation."

there it is!!!
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

You know, they should have just spelled it out with cheerleaders. That way they'd also get their dosage of brainless hot chicks. No offense to cheerleaders, but its not like they always portray scientists accurately anyway
                              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                                You know, they should have just spelled it out with cheerleaders. That way they'd also get their dosage of brainless hot chicks. No offense to cheerleaders, but its not like they always portray scientists accurately anyway
                                Your right we are hardly ever portrayed the right way. My senior year there were more cheerleaders and football players in the top ten percent of the class then any other sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X