S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great. Another Jack reference.

"Something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore Toto".

Sorry Sky. I KNOW he's not one of yours.

Comment

An aside:

Given that the real-life Ben Browder played football in high school AND college, participated in theater, and was into D&D and SciFi, I don't understand why Mitchell's youthful multi-tasking is treated as something extra-ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
        An aside:

Given that the real-life Ben Browder played football in high school AND college, participated in theater, and was into D&D and SciFi, I don't understand why Mitchell's youthful multi-tasking is treated as something extra-ordinary.
        Spoiler:
        Perhaps because some of us find earth-based shows to be not quite as interesting as exploring other worlds, and plots driven by Mitchell's past exploits in high school (no doubt involving one or more past girlfriends who will need to be put in their place by the beautiful and sexy Vala) are likely to drive us away from the show altogether.
        Last edited by Strix varia; 31 May 2006, 05:58 AM.

My LJ

Comment

Ooh...
          Spoiler:
          Mitch returns to Kansas! This must mean a Gram cameo, or at the very least more nuggets of her wisdom. Joy. Sounds like we'll get a reprise of 'good ol' country boy' Mitch, which I find much more annoying than competent leader Mitch.

And Vala and Mitch together! Without those other 3 schmucks! Think of all the potential for stereotypical humor!

Vala - "I heard this section of your country doesn't teach about evolution."
          Mitch - "Wassat?"

(Is this the ep where Vala handcuffs Mitch to a bed or something? Or the one with the car chases and motorcycles? Yeah, s10 is really shaping up nicely. )

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            Not a US poster, but assuming he didn't skip or repeat any grades, he would have been born in 1969, 1970 at the earliest, so he's about a year or two younger than Sam.

He looks older than 36 to me, though.
            well Ben is 43-so yeah-he is older.

is that spoiler correct-they can't be serious?????
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              well Ben is 43-so yeah-he is older.
              That would make him the oldest cast member, aside from Beau Bridges, right? Why make the character the youngest?

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              is that spoiler correct-they can't be serious?????
              Sadly, I think they are.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                Ooh...
                Spoiler:
                Mitch returns to Kansas! This must mean a Gram cameo, or at the very least more nuggets of her wisdom. Joy. Sounds like we'll get a reprise of 'good ol' country boy' Mitch, which I find much more annoying than competent leader Mitch.

And Vala and Mitch together! Without those other 3 schmucks! Think of all the potential for stereotypical humor!

Vala - "I heard this section of your country doesn't teach about evolution."
                Mitch - "Wassat?"

(Is this the ep where Vala handcuffs Mitch to a bed or something? Or the one with the car chases and motorcycles? Yeah, s10 is really shaping up nicely. )
                Actually, if this isn't a joke, it's an entirely separate episode.

I'm still hoping somebody is yanking our chains.

Spoiler:
                The SG-1 hero returning to their high school reunion is a fanfic cliche.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  He will be Mitch the Nice Jock who was an honorary geek as all the geeks loved him... as all the girls loved him.... as all the jocks loved him... as all the teachers loved him... all the mensa members were in awe of him... he singlehandly won the state championship for his team in football, baseball, basketball AND gymnastics (yes real men like Mitch do gymnastics)... of course he ruled chess club and science club and drama club.... should I go on?
                  You forgot he was the state Spelling Bee champion.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know I have not been quite diligent in reading every spoiler there is. So, I am hoping that I possibly missed a spoiler or two about the three other team members who are being outshined by the lackluster stripes on the wallpaper.

Has anyone seen any spoilers centering on Sam or Teal'c other than being saved by Cam or Vala? Daniel, I read, gets to travel to Atlantis, hopefully not as Vala's sidekick.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                      Well, IMO, any spoiler involving one or more of...

Spoiler:
                      Amnesiac hero/heroine

Hero tied to a bed by a woman

Car/motorcycle/vehicle chase (especially with rollover stunt) in a science fiction genre piece

...already has a selection of tawdry things tossed into it.

Those SGC initials actually stand for Sex, Guffaws & Cliches, these days.
                      Well, it's not the Hero tied to the bed, but it's close enough. I made a sig for you.

Anyone is welcomed to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato
                        I know I have not been quite diligent in reading every spoiler there is. So, I am hoping that I possibly missed a spoiler or two about the three other team members who are being outshined by the lackluster stripes on the wallpaper.

Has anyone seen any spoilers centering on Sam or Teal'c other than being saved by Cam or Vala? Daniel, I read, gets to travel to Atlantis, hopefully not as Vala's sidekick.
                        Who? Oh you mean those other 3 guys that were on a really outstanding show for 8 years. Sorry, your thinking of a different show, that was Stargate SG-1 about a team of cool experienced explorers going through the Stargate to save the planet from an evil alien race (while making fun of bad sci fi).

This show is the life and times of Mitchell and Vala. The Stargate thing only serves Mitchell and Vala. Nothing exist unless it is in the service of Mitchell and Vala. This is the very essence of bad sci fi... if you can call it sci fi ... yea i guess you can... its got aliens they just like motocycles and deli's. This show can now officially be called "A Sci Fi Original" as that which was Stargate SG-1 has been stripped away and replaced with the kind of useless tripe the Sci Fi channel looovvveesss.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Who? Oh you mean those other 3 guys that were on a really outstanding show for 8 years. Sorry, your thinking of a different show, that was Stargate SG-1 about a team of cool experienced explorers going through the Stargate to save the planet from an evil alien race (while making fun of bad sci fi).

This show is the life and times of Mitchell and Vala. The Stargate thing only serves Mitchell and Vala. Nothing exist unless it is in the service of Mitchell and Vala. This is the very essence of bad sci fi... if you can call it sci fi ... yea i guess you can... its got aliens they just like motocycles and deli's. This show can now officially be called "A Sci Fi Original" as that which was Stargate SG-1 has been stripped away and replaced with the kind of useless tripe the Sci Fi channel looovvveesss.
                          Am I the only one who thinks that no Seasons Nine and Ten would have been preferable to the Mitchell and Vala Show?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            Am I the only one who thinks that no Seasons Nine and Ten would have been preferable to the Mitchell and Vala Show?

In my mind, the season of anything remotely callled SG-1 ended with season

And yes I wish there wasn't season 9/10.

Just like TSTSNBN, where I watched all of season 6, the only episodes I'll be seeing are the 2 RDA are in.

Comment

Peeking in. . .I'm usually pro-season 10, and willing to see how things work out, but the info coming out on this episode is "disturbing".

Vala goes to Mitchell's high school reunion? Ah yes, maybe she wants to become more knowledgable of Earth's culture! No, no, she's just Mitchell's, uh, friend. Yeah, right.

Amy "whatever", beauty (emphasis on "BEAUTY" I noticed) from Mitchell's past. *RED FLAG ALERT* - smells "kirking" already. If TPTB want to turn Mitchell into another John Sheppard, I'll reach for my TV remote! *reminder to buy more barf bags*

Bounty hunter crashes the party. My first thought? Writers having brain crashes and reaching for the very worst fan fic.

Someone tell me this story is in draft form and will never be filmed!! PLEASE!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                                Great. Another Jack reference.

"Something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore Toto".

Sorry Sky. I KNOW he's not one of yours.
                                he sooo is NOT. i deny all knowledge of Marty Mitchell.

please, please, please GOD let them make up some high school. cause if they pick mine (andi was class of 87 by the way) i'm gonna puke
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X