S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Disclaimer: As usual, you can find portions of this post, or this post in its entirety, on the whingenuts and rage threads...

I dunno if this has been posted anywhere, but for those wondering what the newest TV Zone articles have to say, take a gander over at:

This Little Place Here

It's got a doozy of information there. Wanna peek?

Spoiler:

Whoot.

Oh... And this is an honest mistake of course, but Beau Bridges evidenty thinks Carter is still a major. Now, it'd be different if he'd joined the cast during Season Seven, but that's certainly not the case here. Not the case at all. By the time he joined, the character had been a Lt. Colonel for a year. But I guess it can get a bit confusing when you have two Lt. Colonels on one team, and only one of them is being hamfisted into the lead role...

He says: "Of course, bringing Claudia Black in as a regular this year is a smart move [what with his extensive experience with the series and all]. She and I had some good scenes together last year and that's been true again so far this season. I'm pleased to say that my character and Ben's are interacting more in Year 10 as well [because they RARELY interacted last year]."

It just gets better and better.
    I just got back from vacation and you are depressing the heck out of me. However, Vacation was great!
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
      I just got back from vacation and you are depressing the heck out of me. However, Vacation was great!
      Well, I'm glad vacation was fun at least. Now all we need to do is find a one-hour vacation we can take every Friday night.

Sadly, it used to be Stargate.

Comment

Now all we need to do is find a one-hour vacation we can take every Friday night.
        Take a nap. I found a certain episode of Season Nine very restful.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Take a nap. I found a certain episode of Season Nine very restful.
          Awww! But don't you LIKE story time, Regan?

Comment

Disclaimer: As usual, you can find portions of this post, or this post in its entirety, on the whingenuts and rage threads...

I dunno if this has been posted anywhere, but for those wondering what the newest TV Zone articles have to say, take a gander over at:

This Little Place Here

It's got a doozy of information there. Wanna peek?

Spoiler:

Whoot.

Oh... And this is an honest mistake of course, but Beau Bridges evidenty thinks Carter is still a major. Now, it'd be different if he'd joined the cast during Season Seven, but that's certainly not the case here. Not the case at all. By the time he joined, the character had been a Lt. Colonel for a year. But I guess it can get a bit confusing when you have two Lt. Colonels on one team, and only one of them is being hamfisted into the lead role...

He says: "Of course, bringing Claudia Black in as a regular this year is a smart move [what with his extensive experience with the series and all]. She and I had some good scenes together last year and that's been true again so far this season. I'm pleased to say that my character and Ben's are interacting more in Year 10 as well [because they RARELY interacted last year]."

It just gets better and better.
            And during Cam's heroics with Vala the other three will be watching from a nearby window.

Boogles the mind, really. I'm not even sure they're even trying to make Stargate any more.
            Has anyone got the rest of the article? Just wondering if the other three are mentioned storywise at all.

Comment

he's the HEWO!!!!!!!!!

good grief, car chases????????

what is this, stargate? or 'too fast, too furious'?????
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                And during Cam's heroics with Vala the other three will be watching from a nearby window.

Boogles the mind, really. I'm not even sure they're even trying to make Stargate any more.
                Has anyone got the rest of the article? Just wondering if the other three are mentioned storywise at all.
                I know! The site only had the stuff that pertained to Browder, so I'm not quite sure what the rest said. We'll have to do some digging...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  he's the HEWO!!!!!!!!!

After reading AT's interview I was feeling a little better, but all I can do now is calculate how many boring old character moments a stunt like this will cost for this episode (if there are any that involve anyone other than Cam & Vala).

Well, a long as nothing pertinant to the story gets cut.

Comment

You know, I physically cringed when Joe first mentioned the motorcycle bit in his blog. Literally, my face contorted into an ugly (uglier than usual), twisted mask of agony and horror. Think Kabuki here, folks. I ragged on the whole conception of the scene then, and my opinion has only grown worse the more Mallozzi has pimped it as his supreme vision. It's like everything is one great big anime (/eyes Joe's version of Vala suspiciously) to Joe. If it's not comic book style action and humor, then odds are Cooper, Wright, or Kindler wrote it. Don't get me wrong, I like funny. But to quote Dr. Lee, "This isn't the good kind of funny." GAH! This is the guy who's writing five out of the first eleven episodes. That's it, I'm stopping now. Where did I leave that noose......

Comment

I know! The site only had the stuff that pertained to Browder, so I'm not quite sure what the rest said. We'll have to do some digging...
                      I have my doubts. It looked like the article switched focus to Atlantis at that point.
                      Poor CJ, I don't think he even got a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                        You know, I physically cringed when Joe first mentioned the motorcycle bit in his blog. Literally, my face contorted into an ugly (uglier than usual), twisted mask of agony and horror. Think Kabuki here, folks. I ragged on the whole conception of the scene then, and my opinion has only grown worse the more Mallozzi has pimped it as his supreme vision. It's like everything is one great big anime (/eyes Joe's version of Vala suspiciously) to Joe. If it's not comic book style action and humor, then odds are Cooper, Wright, or Kindler wrote it. Don't get me wrong, I like funny. But to quote Dr. Lee, "This isn't the good kind of funny." GAH! This is the guy who's writing five out of the first eleven episodes. That's it, I'm stopping now. Where did I leave that noose......
                        *hides noose with smurf, sky and Regan*

It's an interesting issue. I mean, you've got

Spoiler:
                        Cameron tied to a hotel bed (in what we can only assume is a very sexual-compromising position) and Vala finds him. Now, ignoring the stupidity of it all and the damn near blasphemy being employed, considering I just remembered the great moment between Jack and Teal'c in the motel in S4, what reason could they possibly have to include this? Oh, there is none? Great. Just checking.

and then you've got

Spoiler:
                        Cameron popping wheelies on a motorcycle, while on a chase to "save" Vala, who eventually frees herself and causes an action-packed rollover in the process. What reason do they have to include this? See above? Right.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all of this cost a lot of money? From the looks of things, they're trying to make it blockbuster-movie like (if not TJ Hooker/CHiPS-like). But they're low on cash? OK. Sure. If that's the case, this makes even less sense than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                          I have my doubts. It looked like the article switched focus to Atlantis at that point.
                          Poor CJ, I don't think he even got a mention.
                          Yeah, it does look like the article went to solely focus on Atlantis. Oh well.

And it looked like CJ, AT and MS were all absent from any mentioning in the mag this time around. Surprise, surprise!

Comment

Yeah, it does look like the article went to solely focus on Atlantis. Oh well.

And it looked like CJ, AT and MS were all absent from any mentioning in the mag this time around. Surprise, surprise!
                            That makes sense. Ignore the actual stars of the show and focus on the two newcomers who no one (that are not specifically fans of those actors) cares about. Oh, and instead of making intelligent scifi, just go ahead and make the cop show all washed up writers\directors\actors end up in.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

*hides noose with smurf, sky and Regan*

It's an interesting issue. I mean, you've got

Spoiler:
                              Cameron tied to a hotel bed (in what we can only assume is a very sexual-compromising position) and Vala finds him. Now, ignoring the stupidity of it all and the damn near blasphemy being employed, considering I just remembered the great moment between Jack and Teal'c in the motel in S4, what reason could they possibly have to include this? Oh, there is none? Great. Just checking.

and then you've got

Spoiler:
                              Cameron popping wheelies on a motorcycle, while on a chase to "save" Vala, who eventually frees herself and causes an action-packed rollover in the process. What reason do they have to include this? See above? Right.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all of this cost a lot of money? From the looks of things, they're trying to make it blockbuster-movie like (if not TJ Hooker/CHiPS-like). But they're low on cash? OK. Sure. If that's the case, this makes even less sense than usual.
                              I am pretty darn sure it costs a pretty penny to shut down a major highway (91) so "their hewo" can pop wheelies.

My guess next big casting ploy will be Shatner -- this way they kill 2 birds with one stone - Star Trek and TJ Hooker rip-off all in one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                he's the HEWO!!!!!!!!!

star...gate? you mean that round thing? metal? silver? kina shiny? took them a whole bunch of cool places?

i thought that was a wheel.

Originally posted by MS
                                "On Stargate, we do things backwards," was his response to a question asking if he knew Ben Browder was coming on board before he (Michael) signed his contract. "First they pick up the show, then they notify the actors...I found out about it [Browder being signed] from the internet!"
                                that's not as bad as i thought, but it still seems odd. i guess that's why they call it "spin".

Originally posted by spazzy
                                you know what's really cheap? character moments. and NOT hiring new!bigname!actors. and not doing entire badly choeographed CGI battles. and not doing crazy stunts on motorcycles. gee, i wonder what TPTB could POSSIBLY do to save money?

anybody else severely disappointed with the AT interview? i love amanda, but i get the feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of straightman!sam, stupidfool!sam, exposition!sam, foil!sam, and the old favorite back-by-popular-demand, badlywrittenwallpaper!sam.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X