Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Let me know which DVD this is on so I won't waste my money on it
    It's on almost any DVD that has PdL commentating. It's especially bad when he's in a goofy mood. It's distracting when you start counting how many times he menyions colans instead of listening to the talk about the show. He is funny if you are in a goofy mood also.

Suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
      It's on almost any DVD that has PdL commentating. It's especially bad when he's in a goofy mood. It's distracting when you start counting how many times he menyions colans instead of listening to the talk about the show. He is funny if you are in a goofy mood also.

Suse
      Funny you should mention this--he has an entire speech regarding the Asgards potty habits.............................
      I was watching my S7 DVDs and had never watched the special features until now and commentary on Fragile Balance has him going on about the Asgards waste removal procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
        Funny you should mention this--he has an entire speech regarding the Asgards potty habits.............................
        I was watching my S7 DVDs and had never watched the special features until now and commentary on Fragile Balance has him going on about the Asgards waste removal procedures.
        listen to DK (i think). AT's talking too, and she does a great job when she can get a word in that's not about farting. no, really, the ENTIRE thing is about farting. i love AT's stuff though. the actors tend to talk more about the ep and less about the toilet and/or camera angles. there transcripts for the s9 commentray anywhere? (becauseyou could not pay me to buy it)
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          listen to DK (i think). AT's talking too, and she does a great job when she can get a word in that's not about farting. no, really, the ENTIRE thing is about farting. i love AT's stuff though. the actors tend to talk more about the ep and less about the toilet and/or camera angles. there transcripts for the s9 commentray anywhere? (becauseyou could not pay me to buy it)
          You know I just may be forced to buy it, because if I see it in the store I just may vomit on it and you know what they say, you broke vomit on it you bought it.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

there transcripts for the s9 commentray anywhere? (becauseyou could not pay me to buy it)
            Assuming "commentray" = "commentary", I did a search for you, not that you deserve it:

Avalon
            Origin
            Ties That Bind
            Last edited by DEM; 21 May 2006, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              Assuming "commentray" = "commentary", I did a search for you, not that you deserve it:

Avalon
              Origin
              Ties That Bind
              *hugs and punches DEM* now that i got you're 3rd link to work, thank you for finding them (even though i've already seem them). are any others out (off site)?

this still amuses me though:
              Originally posted by JM in TTTB
              JM: This is more of a romp.
              JM: Um, later we got a note from Claudia who, I think, was kinda concerned about sort of that her character was, you know, kinda the two dimensional whorelette. And she, you know, wanted to make it clear that, you know, Arlos may have assumed that, you know, whatever happened happened.
              have i mentioned lately how STUPID i thought the ep was?
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JM in TTTB
                JM: This is more of a romp.
                JM: Um, later we got a note from Claudia who, I think, was kinda concerned about sort of that her character was, you know, kinda the two dimensional whorelette. And she, you know, wanted to make it clear that, you know, Arlos may have assumed that, you know, whatever happened happened.
                have i mentioned lately how STUPID i thought the ep was?
                Hmm... I wonder if they fooled Claudia from the beginning. In PU Vala seemed to be the but kicking, won't take no for an answer type with a sassy edge (plus self serving, etc.). By the time they made TTTB the but kicking, won't take no for an answer pretty much disappeared. What was left was the sass (and other bad qualities), but that was pretty much over shadowed by the lame sex humor and having her sexually harass Daniel at every given opportunity.

I wonder how she really feels about Vala off camera and away from the directors and producers. I also wonder if they make her feel like she should feel honored that they've brought her back for season ten and that they worked with her pregnancy in order to make her the super catalyst that the show will revolve around.

And I agree, that episode was pretty stupid. The only productive thing about was reintroducing the L. Alliance. Though I think that was poorly done, and I could do without them.

Comment

PdL tends to descend into stupidity whenever he sees a jaffa on the screen. he starts going on and on about cheese and the jaffa being constipated and the like

kinda funny the first time, by the 29th commentary, it's really, really old
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                    Hmm... I wonder if they fooled Claudia from the beginning. In PU Vala seemed to be the but kicking, won't take no for an answer type with a sassy edge (plus self serving, etc.). By the time they made TTTB the but kicking, won't take no for an answer pretty much disappeared. What was left was the sass (and other bad qualities), but that was pretty much over shadowed by the lame sex humor and having her sexually harass Daniel at every given opportunity.

I wonder how she really feels about Vala off camera and away from the directors and producers. I also wonder if they make her feel like she should feel honored that they've brought her back for season ten and that they worked with her pregnancy in order to make her the super catalyst that the show will revolve around.

And I agree, that episode was pretty stupid. The only productive thing about was reintroducing the L. Alliance. Though I think that was poorly done, and I could do without them.
                    I thought your whole post was interesting. Definitely something to think about, though I don't know how far we could go in the supposition department, since we'll never ever really know the truth. But I thought your questions were insightful all the same. I'll certainly be looking for any signs or hints of that in the future.

As for The Lucian Alliance - well, as they've been developed, they're pretty impotent. Vala screwed them over in PU; they ALL screwed them over in TTTB; and TLA were of absolutely NO help in Camelot after they were essentially tricked into capturing Teal'c... They serve no real purpose except to provide some asinine reason for Vala to prove her worth.

Here's a thought, however... Let Vala prove her worth through what she does with her team NOW, not with what she knows from her exploits in the past. When she proves herself as an effective member of the team (and I personally think she can), then her purpose will be cemented. I've certainly stopped looking for any logical reason for Landry and the JC to trust her while serving with SG-1. Apparently that's set in stone, and there's no budging in that regard.

But if they think that they can continue to write in some lame B-villain/ally a la Ba'al, with the same coolness that Ba'al inherently possesses, they're going to (once again) be sorely disappointed, I think.

Right now, they need to focus on the Ori and what they can do to make them a more believable threat. They made them somewhat more tangible in TFH and Crusade/Camelot. Now they need to show us why we, as viewers, should give a rip about them or their new leader. Because at this point, I'm simply not buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros

that's an interesting thought. i know they DID trick MS (right?) by not telling him they'd even signed on BB (or something like that). so maybe they got into that habit. personally, i think they jipped BB too with how they've been messing with mitchell. and i refuse to get into AT. :resolutely deletes post in which she gets into just that:

spazzy, i like that thought. i doubt it given the spoilers&interviews, but i like it very much. but if her "position on the team" overshadows sam, which it may very well do, its coming down on YOUR head, ya damn bringer or false hope!
                      sigpic

Comment

spazzy, i like that thought. i doubt it given the spoilers&interviews, but i like it very much. but if her "position on the team" overshadows sam, which it may very well do, its coming down on YOUR head, ya damn bringer or false hope!
                        OK, so my official name is DBFH... *gulp*... Evidently. *double gulp*

In an effort to avoid your wrath and the wrath of anyone else who wants to jump on that particular bandwagon, I must explain that, while I think Vala is capable of proving her worth and effectiveness, I still doubt the writers' ability to incorporate that side and development of the character without it seeming contrived.

I am weary yet hopeful for something fresh and new in the character of Vala Mal Doran. I honestly saw potential, and I continue to see it - as long as some OTT changes are made. Since they've toned her down a bit during the Ori arc, they now need to work on not making her the center of every episode. Like you, PR, the spoilers look anything but promising in that department. It seems like TPTB just keep going from one extreme to the next.

I think the "telling vs. showing" issue will continue to rear its ugly head throughout season ten in regards to both of the new shinies... And that's a shame, because I honestly think CB and BB deserve more to work with than that.

And I'll take a page out of your book and simply not touch the concept of the original actors (like AT) being shortchanged during this whole debacle. And what a waste of RDA time that will be, if they don't utilize all of the actors properly.

I guess the best thing to do is to go into S10 with low expectations. That way, we won't be disappointed. Just content in our prophetic capabilities.

Comment

that's an interesting thought. i know they DID trick MS (right?) by not telling him they'd even signed on BB (or something like that). so maybe they got into that habit. personally, i think they jipped BB too with how they've been messing with mitchell. and i refuse to get into AT. :resolutely deletes post in which she gets into just that:

Excuse me? What? Oy. Tell the story or link it please.

I think Shore leave is going to be interesting. Assuming I have money for the hotel. Car is having issues and I gotta have a ride to work...

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                            Excuse me? What? Oy. Tell the story or link it please.

I think Shore leave is going to be interesting. Assuming I have money for the hotel. Car is having issues and I gotta have a ride to work...

Suse
                            Dude. You're going Suse.

:blinks crazily:

Comment

Yes, someone really needs to have a talk with PDL and explain to him that he is not nearly as funny as hge thinks he is!

I HATE toilet humor!!!

Also, whenever I hear someone refer to the Ori Warships as toilet ships, I want to scream!

Toilet humore is not funny, and it is not humor!!!
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                              Originally posted by Jonzey
                              Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Looking at those commentary transcripts, some things stand out. Like this one:

WW: Now that’s the first and only time we’ve seen, like, Vala’s gun. Do we ever see that gun again? Where did she get that gun?

MG: She’s very cunning.

JM: She brought it with her.

WW: Did she have one from, like , the SGC?

JM: No, this is her own gun.

WW: I know, but where’d she find it?

JM: She brought it with her to the SGC.

WW: And they let her keep it?

JM: She got it… She had…

WW: I’m only saying, it’s ? mistake. *they all laugh*

MG: It’s a market.

JM: So you’re for the Nitpicker’s Guide Online?

WW: Just saying. Sloppy Joe. It’s a sloppy, Joe.
                                They KNOW things are sloppy. Yet it continues...

We'll keep hoping that awareness turns into something, hmm?

Comment

Working...
                                X