S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daniel who?

remember, to some, post Moebius it wasn't the real team anyway. It was just an AU

course, to others, all of seasons 9 and 10 were a produce of cam's narcotic induced dreams (pain killers narcotics)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Actually it was really Felger in that chair from Gamekeeper
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

cameron and felger got together in high school and wrote Crack!Fic....thus explains season 9 and 10 and - at times - the massively juvenile atmosphere...fanboyish, complete with OTT females

sigpic

Comment

Just imagining reworkings of S9-10 episodes.

What if Collateral Damage had been a Sam episode? Somehow I think it would have also been much more of a team episode as well...

Comment

can you post a synopsis?
            I'm kinda shaky on the plot of various eps in 9 and 10

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Just imagining reworkings of S9-10 episodes.

What if Collateral Damage had been a Sam episode? Somehow I think it would have also been much more of a team episode as well...
              The episode wouldn't have happened. Sam doesn't wander off with men....

Other than having Cam make the mistake of going off by himself to initiate the episode, I thought the ep was fine as a way to get more backstory on the new character.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              can you post a synopsis?
              I'm kinda shaky on the plot of various eps in 9 and 10
              Here's the page for it on GW.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

^I was thinking more of the using the machine to probe memories aspect, than Mitchell's Kirk moment.

Comment

like digging into jollinar's memories, or maybe qetesh's to find otu some vital knowledge?

sigpic

Comment

We've gotten to talking about the treatment of women characters in S9/10 on the Sam thread and I'm all fired up again over the disappointment that was those two seasons.

They could have introduced the new without throwing out the classic elements. If they had wanted to.

I recently rewatched STronghold (I know, a gutton for punishment) [The one where Cam's friend is dying, Teal'c gets captured and Mitchell goes charging off on his own despite the fact that there had been a plan in place (devised by CArter who was in command of the rescue). I think we were supposed to think he was heroic. I think he looked like an idiot who could have gotten them all killed.

SG1 has done some crazy things in the past, but as a team--not one person going off half-cocked. sigh

Comment

I can't remember the name of the episode, but earlier on when SG1 went to the planet wwith the fake SG teams that were learning the ways of the Tauri for Apophis. When the young soldier who accompanied them was going to charge off, Jack pulled him back and told him "try that again and I'll shoot you myself." That is how a real leader acts, protects his/her people not putting them in danger because he wants to be the hero.

Yes I think you would expect that behaviour from young recruits, not from someone who is supposed to be a Lt. Col
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        I can't remember the name of the episode, but earlier on when SG1 went to the planet wwith the fake SG teams that were learning the ways of the Tauri for Apophis. When the young soldier who accompanied them was going to charge off, Jack pulled him back and told him "try that again and I'll shoot you myself." That is how a real leader acts, protects his/her people not putting them in danger because he wants to be the hero.

Yes I think you would expect that behaviour from young recruits, not from someone who is supposed to be a Lt. Col
                        Exactly. And no one ever calls him on it.
                        When Mitchell is all set to ring up to the ship by himself all Sam gets to say is "can I stop you?" And he says something like, "no, I'm in a bad mood."
                        Is that supposed to seem heroic? charming?
                        seems like idiocy to me.

Also, notice how he has the "hothead" discussion with his dying friend, not Sam or the rest of the team. We could have learned more about Cam THROUGH his dealings with the team. No need to ditch the team to learn about Mitchell. Just badly handled imho.

Comment

Also, notice how he has the "hothead" discussion with his dying friend, not Sam or the rest of the team. We could have learned more about Cam THROUGH his dealings with the team. No need to ditch the team to learn about Mitchell. Just badly handled imho.
                          You know, I wouldn't have minded that he discussed the issue with his friend instead of his team if *something* came out of it. If he learnt from his mistake. But no, Mitchell can't fix his mistakes because he makes no mistakes in the first place, does he? So there are none to fix. For me that scene is just a waste of space/time because it has no consequences at all.

Wow, I can't believe I'm still bitter.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

For me, seasons 9 and 10 were a waste of space/time.
                            sigpic

Comment

If I had come across the show for the first time in S9/10, I doubt I would have watched it regularly. Maybe only if I was vegging and nothing else was on. how sad.

Comment

If I had come across the show for the first time in S9/10, I doubt I would have watched it regularly. Maybe only if I was vegging and nothing else was on. how sad.
                                I started watching the show via DVDs supplied by a friend shortly before Season Nine began, so while it was the first season that I watched as it aired, I had seen the movie and episodes from the earlier seasons first, all of One and some of Two. If not for the DVDs, I'd have given up on the show in disgust after a few episodes of Season Nine, and questioned the judgement of the friend who pushed me to watch a show he described as one of his favourites.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X