No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^so much felt forced in S9 &10, whereas in 1-8 the friendships were very natural. (I won't get into S/J ship since I'm an anti).

Comment

No no no, what people don't understand is that those 2 seasons never happened in the real SG world!
      All is only a dream made by Cam during his coma, in which he fell after the battle over the Antartic, when his ship crashed.
      Don't worry about Sam & Teal'c, they did important things in the real SG world. The only thing is that it hasn't been filmed, so we can't see it.
      But I want to believe

Comment

See, I saw the MS/CB chemistry. In fact, I thought they worked quite well together. . . I just detested 95% of the Daniel/Vala interaction.

I always felt like they pushed the D/V three steps too far. These actors had phenomenal chemistry so TPTB wanted to showcase it as much as they could and in doing so they went hog-wild with the amount of screen time devoted to those characters. 3 to 5 minutes of D/V "banter" per episode was more than enough and it seems TPTB thought that 25 to 30 minutes was just right and by 9.02 I was so irritated by the D/V focus I no longer cared that the actors had amazing chemistry I was so sick of them.

As for AT and RDA, I'm no shipper but I always thought they worked great together. Admittedly though, I think RDA worked well with the entire cast.

P.S. Jonas and season six, I LOVE YOU!
        Originally posted by Callista
        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
        Originally posted by HPMom
        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
          No no no, what people don't understand is that those 2 seasons never happened in the real SG world!
          All is only a dream made by Cam during his coma, in which he fell after the battle over the Antartic, when his ship crashed.
          Don't worry about Sam & Teal'c, they did important things in the real SG world. The only thing is that it hasn't been filmed, so we can't see it.
          But I want to believe
          lol

i love that. s9 and 10 is...cameron's fanfic written from his hospital bed as he watched wormhole extreme marathons
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
            See, I saw the MS/CB chemistry. In fact, I thought they worked quite well together. . . I just detested 95% of the Daniel/Vala interaction.

I always felt like they pushed the D/V three steps too far. These actors had phenomenal chemistry so TPTB wanted to showcase it as much as they could and in doing so they went hog-wild with the amount of screen time devoted to those characters. 3 to 5 minutes of D/V "banter" per episode was more than enough and it seems TPTB thought that 25 to 30 minutes was just right and by 9.02 I was so irritated by the D/V focus I no longer cared that the actors had amazing chemistry I was so sick of them.

As for AT and RDA, I'm no shipper but I always thought they worked great together. Admittedly though, I think RDA worked well with the entire cast.

P.S. Jonas and season six, I LOVE YOU!
            I too adored s6, and I think that Jonas was the best thing to happen to the show. And i also know that rick and amanda got along well, so jack and sam got along well.

and yeah, a lot of the character friendships we saw were a reflection of the actors getting along so well

and yeah, daniel/vala could be tolerated in small doses, but we got so overdosed on them that it turned me off of it. It's like how a slice of cheesecake is good, but eating the whole thing will make you sick of it...but when the whole show gets turned into the daniel and vala banter fest...ah, been there, saw it last week
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              ^so much felt forced in S9 &10, whereas in 1-8 the friendships were very natural. (I won't get into S/J ship since I'm an anti).
              Mitchell/Vala was like forcing a square peg into a round hole. The relationships didn't work for me.

As for S/J. I really didn't get into it the first time around. After watching the DVD, I started to see something and was hoping at the end it would amount to something other than a tease from the writers. Now I could care less.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Has anyone seen this documentary :

Ten years of Stargate SG1:

Some parts are good, some makes me feel sick

It's more like "2 years of Stargate and 8 years of that other show before"...

I would have liked to see J. Glassner too.

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                  Has anyone seen this documentary :

Ten years of Stargate SG1:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/__CCSwpqItIE/Sw...sSG1cap000.jpg

Some parts are good, some makes me feel sick

It's more like "2 years of Stargate and 8 years of that other show before"...

I would have liked to see J. Glassner too.
                  He's listed in the "Developed for Television by ... " part.
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 28 November 2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Haven't seen that. Where can it be found?
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      Haven't seen that. Where can it be found?
                      If you're talking about the reference to Jonathan Glassner, many SG1 episodes have the "Developed for Television by Jonathan Glassner and Brad Wright" in the credits. JG is also often listed in the credits throughout most seasons as a "Creative Consultant". I'm not sure if he's listed in that 10 year thing.

Comment

No, I'm talking about the documentary. Where can it be found?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          No, I'm talking about the documentary. Where can it be found?
                          it downloaded itself to my PC one day...
                          A friend taped it from TV.
                          But I can't give more details...

Comment

Do you have a transcript then? And if not, I'm curious who said what and what made you so angry?
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                              Do you have a transcript then? And if not, I'm curious who said what and what made you so angry?
                              Yeah. I'm a bit confused myself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                                From the wording it sounded like the show was mostly about S9&10?
                                And I think Glassner was a good influence on the show. Too bad he left.

Comment

Working...
                                X