No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually, ALL the cast and crew only had a job from season 6-8 because rick agreed to come back. renewal of the show was contingent upon his signing up to be in it.

HOwever, individual feelings about the concessions made to accommodate rick's desire to fly home and be with his daughter, were only commented upon by a few
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The thing is we can only comment on what has been said in interviews, which these comments have been. I've never seen or read, or heard of anyone report that Amanda has said bad things about co-workers; I believe someone mentioned that at a con Amanda when asked about her character said they didn't know what to do with Sam. Which was a true statement, and to me not saying anything bad about a person or TPTB. That to me is quite different than saying how much fun they are having now that RDA is gone.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Mixed comments in the John Lenic interview I saw on GW's home page. He does say the other three were worked hard (i think tptb doing a compressed schedule if my short term memory serves) in part b/c of RDA's schedule & things were more relaxed when they expanded again by a day in S9.
        But he also acknowledges RDA being a good guy & charismatic.

Then of course Lenic praised SGU actor Carlyle's (?) performance for bringing the crew to tears & how usually you don't have such good actors... really? insert foot in mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Mixed comments in the John Lenic interview I saw on GW's home page. He does say the other three were worked hard (i think tptb doing a compressed schedule if my short term memory serves) in part b/c of RDA's schedule & things were more relaxed when they expanded again by a day in S9.
          But he also acknowledges RDA being a good guy & charismatic.
          I thought that Lenic's remarks concerning S8 vs. S9 were pretty nice way of addressing the issue of RDA's schedule, admitting that it was difficult for all involved to deal with and how morale improved without that stress, but also acknowledging RDA's contribution to the show.

I guess what kinda irked me about CJ's comments in particular, was the implication that there wasn't a 'true team' when RDA was on the show, and now in season 9 there was a true team. It's just a statement I find incredibly ironic because SG-1 was disbanded until 1/3 of the way into S9.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            When one has to be TOLD (like they TOLD us that Cam was a hero and that Cam reminded Teal'c, aka US, of O'Neill) instead of SHOWING it on screen, that worries me.
            They told us (thru Teal'c) that Cam reminded Teal'c of O'Neill??

<<scrubs brain harder with the nice warm soapy water hegwig was kind enough to give me>> I really don't remember that. Thank GOD. But even the thought!!!!!!

suse
            Last edited by suse; 29 August 2009, 10:26 AM. Reason: :( Fixed spelling of Hedwig's name.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

<<scrubs brain harder with the nice warm soapy water hegwog was kind enough to give me>> I really don't remember that. Thank GOD. But even the thought!!!!!!

suse
              I have a very vague recollection of something like that comment (or it may have been a bad dream I'm remembering), but I am soooo not going to go looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I have a very vague recollection of something like that comment (or it may have been a bad dream I'm remembering), but I am soooo not going to go looking for it.
                I'd have to read the transcripts. No thanks.

Really? REALLY? Yikes. Pimping the new Lead Male Action Hero much? Inaccurate too.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

From the GW inter view with John Lenic:

GW: When they started doing two shows at once, you guys were obviously talking about being able to share stages, share assets and everything like that. In hindsight, was it worth it?

JL: For the financial profile of the shows we were trying to make, yes it was. At the time. Financially, yes. Creatively I don't think so. But fiscally yes. At that time, it was about, "Let's get another Stargate on the air."
                  Kinda jibes with what Martin Gero said about having more time to direct/fine tune with only one series.

Season 8, to me, was kinda meh, with moments/eps of greatness - usually in the two-parters.

Season 9 they were essentially trying to make another new show. Didn't work, imo. More along the lines of a fairly unmitigated disaster. What a shame.

It was said at the time by some of us, even though the 'party line' at the time was "This is great!"
                  Last edited by suse; 29 August 2009, 12:32 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

<<scrubs brain harder with the nice warm soapy water hegwig was kind enough to give me>> I really don't remember that. Thank GOD. But even the thought!!!!!!

suse
                    Yep--and in a moment where he was soo NOT O'Neill. It really felt inserted as another hard sell for good old Cam.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Yep--and in a moment where he was soo NOT O'Neill. It really felt inserted as another hard sell for good old Cam.
                      Exactly *when* was he ever like O'Neill?

Cam "Shaft" Mitchell oversell strikes again!

suse
                      perhaps too amused by the choice of his pilot nickname
                      Freudian ship much?
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

cam's name just shows that 'slightly naughty' tint that the boys at bridge made in the last couple of seasons

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          cam's name just shows that 'slightly naughty' tint that the boys at bridge made in the last couple of seasons
                          'slightly' I don't think they did anything slightly...more like sledge hammer
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The SledgeHammer of Subtlety

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Whilst the politest I can refer to it is crass pre pubescent male humour
                              -

Comment

frat house

think the 'humor' of a farting contest

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X