S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps they're slow learners.

If we fail to embrace their beloved Vala wholeheartedly and build churches and shrines in her honour, it will be because we wouldn't know a fantastic character if she clubbed us over the head with a sledgehammer, not because there could be the slightest of flaws in the way she has been written.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

yes, we MUST be converted to the 'wonder that is vala'

worship all ye unbelievers

she ist the greatest thing since sliced bread and we must worry and fret over whether or not she will regain her memory and be returned to the fold of her loving and adoring friends

or we can cheer on and hope that she takes a left turn at albuquerque adn ends up a barista at starbucks and is never seen again

see, the inherant 'flaw' of such an episode, they assume that there will be a great outpouring of concern and fretting over whether or not vala will be restored and return to the team...course that only works if you CARE if she returns

but, you know, i'm sure she's going to have lots of FUN making corned beef on rye sandwiches and slinging potato salad

anyone wanna take bets on

ryan falling for vala and risking his life to protect her
      there being a food fight
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        she ist the greatest thing since sliced bread and we must worry and fret over whether or not she will regain her memory and be returned to the fold of her loving and adoring friends
        Vala has friends? When did this happen?

or we can cheer on and hope that she takes a left turn at albuquerque adn ends up a barista at starbucks and is never seen again
        Don't get my hopes up.

anyone wanna take bets on

ryan falling for vala and risking his life to protect her
        there being a food fight
        Or Ryan falling for Vala and risking his life to protect her during a food fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Vala has friends? When did this happen?
          give it time. i'm sure all the other kids will be fawning over her and doing all they can to make the poor dear feel at home. she did havea trying time you nkow, and she's had such a rough life. poor thing needs a freebie for anything she does. She's not a liar, thief or worse, she's just a poor misunderstood soul.

Don't get my hopes up.
          mine reside somewhere around the briefing room....27 floors down

Or Ryan falling for Vala and risking his life to protect her during a food fight.
          i can see it now. someone throws a raspberry tart and ryan leaps, taking the shot to protect poor amnesiatic vala and her wardrobe

sigpic

Comment

yeah, i posted this in whinge nuts, but i think folks here should have a chance to mock a little

anyone in the mod for mockage????

memento mori spoilers
            Spoiler:
            Stargate SG-1, "Memento Mori" (Role of Ryan)
            Episodic
            MGM1 Hour Episodic / Sci-Fi ChannelDraft: April 6, 2006
            Exec. Producers: Robert Cooper /Brad Wright / John SmithDirector: TBD
            Writers: Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
            Start Date: 5/1/2006
            SUBMIT HARDCOPY ASAP
            (CENTURY CITY)
            GEN. LANDRY: CAST (BEAU BRIDGES)
            COL. MITCHELL: CAST (BEN BROWDER)
            VALA: CAST (CLAUDIA BLACK)

[RYAN] Late 30s. A nice and well-meaning guy, this cop is a regular at the deli where the fugitiveVala gets a job. When Vala takes down a couple of would-be robbers, Ryan takes her in forquestioning, but has a hard time comprehending this disoriented and mysterious"waitress"...GUEST LEAD
            STORY LINE: Vala is kidnapped by the evil ATHENA, who wants to access information hiddendeep in the recesses of Vala's memory. But when Vala is subjected to a memory device, themachine backfires and wipes out all her memories. Now on the lam from her captors, Vala gets ajob as a deli waitress while trying to piece together the puzzle of her origins...
            ___

oh lord, can we go into what a frelling CLICHE this is????? amnesiac vala?? dude, already tried that with daniel and it worked so 'well' that it was forgotten 3 episodes in.

what is this piece of tripe? another excuse to get vala into some skimpy costume? i mean this piece of junk reads like a bloody fanfic gone awry. cept most fanfic writers that i know of are better than to use such a blatlant cliche and rip off

can we guess the ending...vala exchanging a tender kiss with ryan as she reluctantly returns to the waiting and worried arms of her new best friends

gag, ok, so they're gonna mary sue her? didn't they learn with mitch that marty/mary sueing characters is NOT the way tomake them acceptible
            What I find offensive about the "Momento Mori" synopsis above is the cast listing---you'd never know that the real SG-1 is made up of Carter/AT, Daniel/MS and Teal'c/CJ. Apparently Sg-1 is Landry, Mitchell and Vala. SciFi couldn't be more blatant about who they consider to be expendable.....

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
              What I find offensive about the "Momento Mori" synopsis above is the cast listing---you'd never know that the real SG-1 is made up of Carter/AT, Daniel/MS and Teal'c/CJ. Apparently Sg-1 is Landry, Mitchell and Vala. SciFi couldn't be more blatant about who they consider to be expendable.....
              They'd understand who was (or should I say wasn't?) expendable if AT, MS and CJ all left.

They wouldn't have a show for much longer.

On the other hand, I could bid farewell to Cameron, Vala and even Landry without shedding a tear.

Comment

So if Ms. Hammer thinks all Stargate fans are "silly"-what is she really feeling? I mean-seriously folks-she works for the SciFi channel. What is she expecting?
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

___
                  what is this piece of tripe? another excuse to get vala into some skimpy costume? i mean this piece of junk reads like a bloody fanfic gone awry. cept most fanfic writers that i know of are better than to use such a blatlant cliche and rip off
                  Actually, it's bologna---Vala's been dishing it out all season so it only makes sense that she ends up as
                  Spoiler:
                  a deli waitress.

Comment

yeah, i posted this in whinge nuts, but i think folks here should have a chance to mock a little

anyone in the mod for mockage????

memento mori spoilers
                    Spoiler:
                    Stargate SG-1, "Memento Mori" (Role of Ryan)
                    Episodic
                    MGM1 Hour Episodic / Sci-Fi ChannelDraft: April 6, 2006
                    Exec. Producers: Robert Cooper /Brad Wright / John SmithDirector: TBD
                    Writers: Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
                    Start Date: 5/1/2006
                    SUBMIT HARDCOPY ASAP
                    (CENTURY CITY)
                    GEN. LANDRY: CAST (BEAU BRIDGES)
                    COL. MITCHELL: CAST (BEN BROWDER)
                    VALA: CAST (CLAUDIA BLACK)
                    [RYAN] Late 30s. A nice and well-meaning guy, this cop is a regular at the deli where the fugitiveVala gets a job. When Vala takes down a couple of would-be robbers, Ryan takes her in forquestioning, but has a hard time comprehending this disoriented and mysterious"waitress"...GUEST LEAD
                    STORY LINE: Vala is kidnapped by the evil ATHENA, who wants to access information hiddendeep in the recesses of Vala's memory. But when Vala is subjected to a memory device, themachine backfires and wipes out all her memories. Now on the lam from her captors, Vala gets ajob as a deli waitress while trying to piece together the puzzle of her origins...
                    ___

oh lord, can we go into what a frelling CLICHE this is????? amnesiac vala?? dude, already tried that with daniel and it worked so 'well' that it was forgotten 3 episodes in.

can we guess the ending...vala exchanging a tender kiss with ryan as she reluctantly returns to the waiting and worried arms of her new best friends

gag, ok, so they're gonna mary sue her? didn't they learn with mitch that marty/mary sueing characters is NOT the way tomake them acceptible

I'm sorry, but any Goa'uld who needs to scavenge for info in Vala's memory just doesn't deserve the name Athena. I mean, what, the Goddess of Wisdom can't be smart?

The reason this really pisses me off is that I stand by my claim that what Stargate needs is a GA Thrawn, not a Yuzhang Vong or whatever they were called. A smart, capable villain who can kick major buttage with a handful of ha'tak vessels, rather than some glowy crap that goes all the way to 11. The Goa'uld were good enough if they were written with some brains. This is just more proof that they're never going to do that, because if there was going to be a really smart Goa'uld, it would have been Athena.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

i have a funny feeling that the main reason they're using athena is another shallow and blatant attempt to sex up the show. i'm willing to bet she's running around in an 'appropriately' short and low cut toga

sigpic

Comment

They'd understand who was (or should I say wasn't?) expendable if AT, MS and CJ all left.

They wouldn't have a show for much longer.

On the other hand, I could bid farewell to Cameron, Vala and even Landry without shedding a tear.
                        yeah, they diss folks like that...and then wonder why it's not all sweetness adn roses?????

it IS still called SG-1...be nice if we got to see those other three folks every once in a while

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
                          Actually, it's bologna---Vala's been dishing it out all season so it only makes sense that she ends up as
                          Spoiler:
                          a deli waitress.
                          snark

bologna is about right. or a piece of brie. soft, smooshy and definitely an acquired taste

or maybe pickled pigs feet

or is that more bar food?

sigpic

Comment

Pickled eggs. Squick.

Comment

not my choice, but others seem to like it

sigpic

Comment

i have a funny feeling that the main reason they're using athena is another shallow and blatant attempt to sex up the show. i'm willing to bet she's running around in an 'appropriately' short and low cut toga
                                See! There they go again, throwing the source out the window.

It should at least be a low-cut chiton.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X