No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I agree TRNT could have been better, but it was an interesting concept and Sam finally got an episode.

As long as I didn't view 200 as a real episode, I did laugh in parts of it. I liked the introduction of the characters part of the puppets in 200, the rest of the puppet segment I could have done without. And I did like seeing RDA again.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      As long as I didn't view 200 as a real episode, I did laugh in parts of it. I liked the introduction of the characters part of the puppets in 200, the rest of the puppet segment I could have done without. And I did like seeing RDA again.
      With the exception of the "young and hip" SG-1 (which freaked me out because other than the young actors it really did have a striking resemblance to what we were getting on screen) and the Wizard of Oz skit (Sam is Dorothy. Is, is, is!), I loved 200. Invisible!jack and puppet!Hammond demanding the gate spin (because spinning is so much cooler than not spinning) make me laugh everytime I see it.
      Originally posted by Callista
      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
      Originally posted by HPMom
      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

^Puppet O'Neill: General, I retired.
        Puppet Hammond: Oh, I thought you said you were tired.
        Puppet O'Neill: Well, I am a bit tired...

and the way Puppet O'Neill points up and forward "Ready!"
        (apparently they modeled the puppets' actions on what the cast did when reading the lines.) LOL

Comment

Isn't it sad that the only things we enjoy in seasons 9 and 10 are a comedy/spoof episode and a few scenes here and there from other episodes? During seasons 1-8 there were a few bad episodes, but overall we accepted them because the good far surpassed the bad.

I'm sitting here struggling to find anything nice to say about s9 and 10 because these seasons were just so bad!

As someone previously posted, the odd bad character or storyline I probably could have ignored, but these seasons were stuffed full of so much nonsense that I can't just hand-wave them away. TPTB, especially Cooper since he was the show runner, managed to ruin my favourite show after so many good years.

I feel so sad.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
            With the exception of the "young and hip" SG-1 (which freaked me out because other than the young actors it really did have a striking resemblance to what we were getting on screen) and the Wizard of Oz skit (Sam is Dorothy. Is, is, is!), I loved 200.
            Regarding the bolded part - that was just wrong on so many levels. Out of everything they did in S9/S10, that was just low.

Hmmm. So things we liked about S10 (other than what I already said).

*crickets chirping*

I got nothin'.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
              Regarding the bolded part - that was just wrong on so many levels. Out of everything they did in S9/S10, that was just low.
              I agree. I was a bit surprised that so many fans loved the Wizard of Oz sequence. All I could think of while watching it was how wrong it was. Yes, Sam should have been Dorothy and Jack should have been Scarecrow. After all he was the one who always made Oz references, not including him in the skit was just so wrong on so many levels..

And did anyone else notice the irony of Jack/RDA being invisible in "200" after almost 2 years of TPTB trying to make his character invisible for real in the show?
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

It's good to know I wasn't the only one...peeved...that Vala was Dorothy. It should have been Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c in that skit, seeing as they were the ones who originally took that trip over the rainbow. And Hammond should have been the great and powerful Oz, seeing as Landry was never great. Or powerful. Like Col aga said, Jack was the one with all the Oz references and I can't recall that any were made once he left. That really was an original team joke. What a wasted opportunity.

Then again, they had to give Vala something to do, because other then the Farscape skit, there was absolutely no reason for Vala to be there at all. It really brought to light for me how the character was completely unnecessary to the show. With the exception of her giving birth to Adria (and I really could have done without that), Vala had no real role other than to be Daniel's girlfriend. She was completely expendable. Another wasted opportunity, because CB is an amazing actress.

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                  I agree. I was a bit surprised that so many fans loved the Wizard of Oz sequence. All I could think of while watching it was how wrong it was. Yes, Sam should have been Dorothy and Jack should have been Scarecrow. After all he was the one who always made Oz references, not including him in the skit was just so wrong on so many levels..

And did anyone else notice the irony of Jack/RDA being invisible in "200" after almost 2 years of TPTB trying to make his character invisible for real in the show?
                  Just another opportunity to show us how amazing Vala and Cam were.

I also didn't like the end when they went to Wormhole Extreme after 10 years. It kind of seemed like they were trying to insult MS. I did enjoy the puppets, invisible Jack and thought the young edgy cast was funny.
                  sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

I did like the part in 200 where they talk about ending the movie with fishing.
                    "After that anything more would be pointless" and when they insert the shot of Cam and Vala fishing and Cam says something like "that was fun" and Jack says "You weren't there!"

Talking to this thread I think.

Comment

"After that anything more would be pointless" and when they insert the shot of Cam and Vala fishing and Cam says something like "that was fun" and Jack says "You weren't there!"

Comment

Wow. I totally missed that. /me iz amuzed.

Though imo that more means that they wanted Stargate Command, not more SG-1.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                          Just another opportunity to show us how amazing Vala and Cam were.

I also didn't like the end when they went to Wormhole Extreme after 10 years. It kind of seemed like they were trying to insult MS. I did enjoy the puppets, invisible Jack and thought the young edgy cast was funny.
                          Hmm, I don't remember that. Can you explain what you found insulting, so I'll pay more attention to it when I'll be rewatching "200"?
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                            Hmm, I don't remember that. Can you explain what you found insulting, so I'll pay more attention to it when I'll be rewatching "200"?
                            From what I remember, the actor who plays Dr. Levant says something about wanting to leave the show to get back to his "theater roots" so he did some off-off-off-off broadway work and he also says he has to thank god for savedrlevant.com to help convince TPTB to take him back.

He's also a bit of a jerk to his assistant, or maybe it's a production assistant, but he does demand his $@!*&@ sandwhich.

I suppose those could be taken as insults. They also referenced no knowing what to do will the Munroe/Sam character and Jack/Danning just "phoning it in" towards the end.

Comment

^^Thanks Okay, my apologies but I don't find these remarks insulting - probably that's why I didn't remeber them. But I'll rewatch the ep more closely.
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                                From what I remember, the actor who plays Dr. Levant says something about wanting to leave the show to get back to his "theater roots" so he did some off-off-off-off broadway work and he also says he has to thank god for savedrlevant.com to help convince TPTB to take him back.

He's also a bit of a jerk to his assistant, or maybe it's a production assistant, but he does demand his $@!*&@ sandwhich.

I suppose those could be taken as insults. They also referenced no knowing what to do will the Munroe/Sam character and Jack/Danning just "phoning it in" towards the end.
                                Just a comment in passing -, in interviews with cast, crew, writers, etc. for Episode 200, they all said that the whole thing was intended as a joke, and they were happily poking fun at themselves, the show, the characters, the stories, everything about the series, and hoped people would see it that way and take nothing from it too seriously. That it was all in good fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X