S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver

acutally the animosity between teal'c and cam is a mimic of tyr and dylan from andromeda. respectful animosity between the two alpha males
    Dare we even say...an homage...

Suse
    innocent
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
      Dare we even say...an homage...

Suse
      innocent
      snark
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

acutally the animosity between teal'c and cam is a mimic of tyr and dylan from andromeda. respectful animosity between the two alpha males
        I don't see too much respect from Teal'c. I think that he gave Cameron the benefit of the doubt at first, but he's starting to get on his last nerve now.

I can't say that I blame him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I was going to say Teal'c thought of Cam like a child but then remembered that he really liked and respected kids.
          Got to wonder if CJ began to ad lib

Comment

of course! it will have NOTHING to do with farscape. it'll jsut be cam and vala and teal'c on board a living ship...and they'll have a nice puppet asgard crew member

absolutly nothing at all to do with farscape
            Mitchell will start calling Teal'c "T" just like he called Dargo "D".
            They will need a crazy ancient guy... maybe Paul Goddard can play him (Stark). You have the snarky asgard (rigel). Get yourself a Nox too, they kinda look like plant people (zahn). You already got Vala (Chiana). You have an Aryen type (Sam) but she will probably go away cause she cant be shipped with Mitchel....
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Just so sad

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Mitchell will start calling Teal'c "T" just like he called Dargo "D".
                They will need a crazy ancient guy... maybe Paul Goddard can play him (Stark). You have the snarky asgard (rigel). Get yourself a Nox too, they kinda look like plant people (zahn). You already got Vala (Chiana). You have an Aryen type (Sam) but she will probably go away cause she cant be shipped with Mitchel....
                Don't even joke about it. You'll put ideas into TPTB's heads.

Comment

you think they haven't already thought about it????

IMHO it's been the plan all along. Stargate can't be allowed to be unique and stand by itself, it has to warp itself into some mockery of every other failed scifi show out there.

and they can't/won't stop to think that there was a reason that those other shows failed

sigpic

Comment

IMHO it's been the plan all along. Stargate can't be allowed to be unique and stand by itself, it has to warp itself into some mockery of every other failed scifi show out there.

and they can't/won't stop to think that there was a reason that those other shows failed
                    So they started with a successful show and, rather than sticking with what made it successful, they copied what look like some of the worst mistakes the failed shows made?

It may take a while for me to figure out the logic behind that.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      So they started with a successful show and, rather than sticking with what made it successful, they copied what look like some of the worst mistakes the failed shows made?

It may take a while for me to figure out the logic behind that.
                      because unique is bad. unique is different and different is bad

must be the same

sigpic

Comment

I do think a lot of it goes back to the underestimation and derogatory attitude the networks have towards scifi.
                        scifi is dirty, silly, flights of fancy. it's not serious or 'real'. it's something that only geeks enjoy and 35 year old men that live in their mommy's basement. it's something for the silly amongst us, and the stupid and those that are too flighty to appreciate the real quality stuff of drama

i mean, i've heard more than once that bonne hammer thinks that all stargate fans are silly and stupid. And we know that they think we're too stupid to tell the difference between shanks and browder, hence the peach fuzz MS grew

and as long as the networks treat scifi like some dirty little secret, where they can crank out crap and the huddled masses will just eat it up, there will always be a pressure to make it cheesy adn stupid and trite...because that's all we're capable of understanding

sigpic

Comment

because unique is bad. unique is different and different is bad

must be the same
                          But I thought everyone wuved farscape because it was unique.
                          But then like you said unique is bad. And anyone who is kewl knows that Bad is good. It may be very 70's but whoever said TPTB were up with the kwel speak, just listen to how idiotic they make Mitchel sound when they are trying to make him "hip"... at least CJ can pull it off with a little humor for Teal'c.

So they will take their bad, darker, hotter, "insert cliche of your choice" show and make it however they like because they are "artist" and if we are too stoopid to apprieciate their "art" well then they will just take their art to others that appreciate it (meaning, accept their cancellation because they have no choice and go get other jobs).
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

They dont see it--they are so full of themselves and all their great writing blah blah that the notion that they are going backwards would never enter their minds.

Even when it is cancelled they will not see it. I think the original actors see it--given some things they have said.

Comment

oh yeah. i do think that all/most of the actors see what's coming...but if they're greeted with teh same arrogance and dismissal that fans are, why waste time protesting?

just do your job and let things fall the way they will

the actors get paid the same whether they're saying gemini winning lines or total tripe

sigpic

Comment

yeah, i posted this in whinge nuts, but i think folks here should have a chance to mock a little

anyone in the mod for mockage????

memento mori spoilers
                                Spoiler:
                                Stargate SG-1, "Memento Mori" (Role of Ryan)
                                Episodic
                                MGM1 Hour Episodic / Sci-Fi ChannelDraft: April 6, 2006
                                Exec. Producers: Robert Cooper /Brad Wright / John SmithDirector: TBD
                                Writers: Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
                                Start Date: 5/1/2006
                                SUBMIT HARDCOPY ASAP
                                (CENTURY CITY)
                                GEN. LANDRY: CAST (BEAU BRIDGES)
                                COL. MITCHELL: CAST (BEN BROWDER)
                                VALA: CAST (CLAUDIA BLACK)
                                [RYAN] Late 30s. A nice and well-meaning guy, this cop is a regular at the deli where the fugitiveVala gets a job. When Vala takes down a couple of would-be robbers, Ryan takes her in forquestioning, but has a hard time comprehending this disoriented and mysterious"waitress"...GUEST LEAD
                                STORY LINE: Vala is kidnapped by the evil ATHENA, who wants to access information hiddendeep in the recesses of Vala's memory. But when Vala is subjected to a memory device, themachine backfires and wipes out all her memories. Now on the lam from her captors, Vala gets ajob as a deli waitress while trying to piece together the puzzle of her origins...
                                ___

oh lord, can we go into what a frelling CLICHE this is????? amnesiac vala?? dude, already tried that with daniel and it worked so 'well' that it was forgotten 3 episodes in.

what is this piece of tripe? another excuse to get vala into some skimpy costume? i mean this piece of junk reads like a bloody fanfic gone awry. cept most fanfic writers that i know of are better than to use such a blatlant cliche and rip off

can we guess the ending...vala exchanging a tender kiss with ryan as she reluctantly returns to the waiting and worried arms of her new best friends

gag, ok, so they're gonna mary sue her? didn't they learn with mitch that marty/mary sueing characters is NOT the way tomake them acceptible

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X