S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    They did seem to do a lot of rip-offs parodies/homages, that didn't work...Vala's hairdryer comes to mind first
    I seem to have surpressed the memory of the episode you're refering to.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      That was a parody?

I thought it was just plain stupid. (I cannot even begin to think of a way to say that without being so blunt yet retain the meaning of my statement.)
      I found that part quite sad. Instead of trying in some measure to get close to the quality of Star Wars, they fell down to copying Star Balls
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        Smart man.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Smart man.
          I do remember playing a lot of tetris while watching S9/10.
          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

The Quest (had to go look it up, though don't remember if it was part 1 or 2), where they had to put something valuable to them in a box in order to get out of the force field?...Any way Vala takes a hairdryer out of her back pack
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The Quest (had to go look it up, though don't remember if it was part 1 or 2), where they had to put something valuable to them in a box in order to get out of the force field?...Any way Vala takes a hairdryer out of her back pack
              Is that the ep with the hyped-up lame dragon, and Ba'al that has been altered into some kind of idiot?

If so, I think I remember the scene you're talking about and I severely disliked it. What does it refer to anyway? Hammerspace?
              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Is that the ep with the hyped-up lame dragon, and Ba'al that has been altered into some kind of idiot?

If so, I think I remember the scene you're talking about and I severely disliked it. What does it refer to anyway? Hammerspace?
                OK, this one I actually looked up. I'm feeling very ignorant about cyberspace today.

I want to say she pulled it out of her backpack, but I'm not sure.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

OK, this one I actually looked up. I'm feeling very ignorant about cyberspace today.
                  Ignorance in bliss in the case of cyberspace. Next time I'll like to an article on an encyclopedia instead of having you search.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hammerspace
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

They did seem to do a lot of rip-offs parodies/homages, that didn't work...Vala's hairdryer comes to mind first

Parodying a parody.... Oy. At least it wasn't super-sized. Dude(tte), she was an alien, if anyone knows there's no place to plug it in, it's her!!

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Perhaps it's related to Mary Poppins bag... Diane Duane calls it a otherspace claudication.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

That was a parody?

I thought it was just plain stupid. (I cannot even begin to think of a way to say that without being so blunt yet retain the meaning of my statement.)
                        Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        I found that part quite sad. Instead of trying in some measure to get close to the quality of Star Wars, they fell down to copying Star Balls

Remember Princess Vespa (the Druish Princess) in the desert, refusing to leave behind her hairdryer (supersized to a good 10X normal size) because she "...just can't live without it!!!".

I think it's time for Spaceballs.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          Perhaps it's related to Mary Poppins bag... Diane Duane calls it a otherspace claudication.

suse
                          *whines* But the rest of Diane Duane's stories make sense.

Remember Princess Vespa (the Druish Princess) in the desert, refusing to leave behind her hairdryer (supersized to a good 10X normal size) because she "...just can't live without it!!!".

suse
                          It's always time for Spaceballs. Or Monty Python.

Stargate Season 10? "Run away, run away!"
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Oh. My.
                            Really?
                            It's a frightening experience reading this thread when you haven't actually seen most of Season 9 & 10. I had thought they weren't taking the continuity very seriously, including a couple of their previous story arcs and even characters, but this is beyond the pale.

Were TPTB just sick of SG-1? That's the only explanation I can come up with. That they were tired of it and decided to poke fun at themselves. Although I understand that 200 was meant for that, I also have to admit it would have been extraordinarily out of place in the first four or five seasons, and so it just seems to me that they weren't taking anything very seriously there toward the end or they'd never have written an ep like that in the first place.

Comment

TPTB wanted SG-1 to end after S8, it's why all the major storylines were wrapped up in Threads, and start a new series named "Stargate Command". I believe they were stopped by SciFi who wanted SG-1 to continue, so we got SG-1 with a SGC flavour and with ridiculous plots which caused a lot of discontent.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

suse
                                It's always time for Spaceballs. Or Monty Python.

Stargate Season 10? "Run away, run away!"
                                I can picture Landry as Pesident Skroob: "You have got to help me, I don't know what to do! I can't make decisions! I'm a president general!
                                Originally posted by Callista
                                Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                                Originally posted by HPMom
                                She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Working...
                                X