S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    I'd prefer to see practical jokes. Mostly because I'd rather not see the original three debased any further.

suse
    Oh come on, sending Cam off-world to a Goa'uld stronghold in a pikachu outfit would be so amusing.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      Oh come on, sending Cam off-world to a Goa'uld stronghold in a pikachu outfit would be so amusing.
      Or as the pink power ranger.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        That would work too. But, he needs to perform a morphing sequence and introduction sequence the moment he gets there.

Or send him off-world in a TOS red shirt.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

That would work too. But, he needs to perform a morphing sequence and introduction sequence the moment he gets there.

We should be so lucky.

Egads. Can you imagine how long the camera would linger on the "SG team leader" while he was morphing? No.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Sorry ... couldn't help myself.

Comment

Which one do you like best? I've been thinking about producing another few chapters.
              I like the LoTR one since it's only slightly more wacky than S9&10 actually were. It's like watching The Daily Show, it's very cathartic when someone mocks all the absurdity.
              sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

The problem on the show is that he never suffers any real consequences for his hotheadedness. I can't believe that Sam, Daniel and Teal'c would be so deferential that they wouldn't make major waves if his poor judgment threatened their lives.
                Teal'c should have zatted him like in Gregorius' fanfic.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  Even if they are accurate. (imo.)

On topic: I did like The Pegasus Project a good bit. Though there were so many characters ...

I found it rather weak that Mitchell - who had never met Rodney - was the one with the citrus fruit to taunt him. Schoolboy bullying at it's finest.
                  It's funny, because I saw that rather in character for Mitchell. Sheppard gave him the lemon, IIRC, and since he doesn't know McKay it kinda made sense to me for Mitchell to deal with him in such a juvenile way.

I was personally confused as to why Vala went with SG-1 to Atlantis, since she'd just been made probationary SGC member in the previous episode.

Oh goodness, that image is going to stick in my brain for a while.

Though that kinda reminds me, there was an episode, Insiders I think, where Mitchell essentially says he can't control Teal'c and Daniel because they're civilians (or in Teal'c case an alien).

It made me wonder, did anyone ever question that Jack was in charge of Teal'c and Daniel in the previous seasons, or did it just become an issue after Mitchell came on board?

sigpic

Comment

I can just hear him now..."Thanks for the red t-shirt Sunshine, don't I look cool in it?" While gating to Dakara..."But why does it say Goa'ulds are my gods?"

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      It's funny, because I saw that rather in character for Mitchell. Sheppard gave him the lemon, IIRC, and since he doesn't know McKay it kinda made sense to me for Mitchell to deal with him in such a juvenile way.

I was personally confused as to why Vala went with SG-1 to Atlantis, since she'd just been made probationary SGC member in the previous episode.

Oh goodness, that image is going to stick in my brain for a while.

Though that kinda reminds me, there was an episode, Insiders I think, where Mitchell essentially says he can't control Teal'c and Daniel because they're civilians (or in Teal'c case an alien).

It made me wonder, did anyone ever question that Jack was in charge of Teal'c and Daniel in the previous seasons, or did it just become an issue after Mitchell came on board?
                      How could that be when Cam is such a great leader?

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

No, it wasn't a leadership issue for Jack. There were a couple of episodes where Jack and Daniel had issues (the one with the Gadmeer, Scorched Earth, springs to mind), but they were more philosophical issues than leadership issues. Teal'c follows Jack because he understands the necessity of having one person in charge and has decided on a personal level to follow Jack. Considering he made no such commitment to Cam, it would have been interesting to see Teal'c decide that Cam didn't deserve the same respect he accorded Jack.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

No, it wasn't a leadership issue for Jack. There were a couple of episodes where Jack and Daniel had issues (the one with the Gadmeer, Scorched Earth, springs to mind), but they were more philosophical issues than leadership issues. Teal'c follows Jack because he understands the necessity of having one person in charge and has decided on a personal level to follow Jack. Considering he made no such commitment to Cam, it would have been interesting to see Teal'c decide that Cam didn't deserve the same respect he accorded Jack.
                          But wouldn't set forth Mitchell's purported leadership worthiness.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Do you think Teal'c came back more because of his feelings for Daniel and Sam than he did because Cam wanted him to? I feel it's pretty clear from various episodes of S9&10 that Teal'c doesn't have a very high level of respect for Cam - certainly nothing like he had for Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I feel it's pretty clear from various episodes of S9&10 that Teal'c doesn't have a very high level of respect for Cam - certainly nothing like he had for Jack.
                              Definitely nowhere near the level of Jack - and yet, Teal'c and Cameron had some decent banter, like in "The Scourge".
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Hmm, well I think personal considerations or trust is one thing. But the impression I got from Mitchell's line, was that it was Daniel's civilian status and Teal'c alien status that meant he couldn't control them. I think it's been mentioned in interviews as well, that Mitchell is not really in charge of anyone because Daniel's a civilian, Teal'c and Vala are aliens, etc.

So personal trust issues aside, I was wondering if it was ever questioned that Jack (or Sam in S8) wasn't in charge of Daniel because he was a civilan, or Teal'c because he was an alien. I know there were moments when he had issues with them, Scorched Earth with Daniel like you said, and Exodus with Teal'c. But those seemed to be the exception rather than the rule, that Jack was in command of both of them, but that they occasionally didn't follow his orders.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X