No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lemme guess, vala's love and adoration will eventually convince adria, on her death bed, to turn and stop the ori....sniff, sob
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      lemme guess, vala's love and adoration will eventually convince adria, on her death bed, to turn and stop the ori....sniff, sob
      You ruined the ending!

The alternative is that Adria will be physically tied to her followers and Vala, though it breaks her heart and makes her very sad, will kill her beloved daughter for the sake of the galaxy.

Anyone got a violin?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ShipShape
        Plus, where did McKay come from to begin with? And maybe it's just me, but Flanigan and his sarcasm remind me an awful lot of O'Neill (only not as good).

He thinks he was a "key person involved in kind of re-energizing the show..."?? Wow, that is so arrogant, and so wrong. And if I were one of the actors involved in SG1, especially one of the original three, but even one of the new ones--I think I would be really insulted by his comments. Who died and left him as the Goa'ould's gift to the universe?
        I forgot about th ecrossover with Kinsey too - yes, yes cooper don't worry SGA IS it's own show (just humoring the poor little man here with a pat on the head - sarcasm abounds).

On the iditoic statement "key person involved in kind of re-energizing the show..." RE-ENERGIZED - is he kidding (I have to ask again if he, or anyone else at Bridge, ever realizes how stupid he sounds) did he not see the fall in ratings throughout the season - did he not see that they came nowhere near the 2.3s and 2.4s S8 got, did he not see that the last 2 eps of S9 (1.8 and 1.9) did not even bring back the same number of people who watched the first few eps (2.1s), did he not see the continued disappointment and anger about Carter having her sole leadership taken away from her and the screwed-up mess they made there (it is a real problem as it will not die out - the poll now has Carter up to 472 to 193) and it is going strong - people are not forgetting about it, giving up on it or accepting it - the leadership debacle sucks and they know it andit is one of their biggest problems in S9, id he not notcie that many, many people think mitchell is a terrible character who has not earned and does not deserve his co-lead position, did he not notcie that many people think mitchell and his backstory was a contrived mess, etc., etc.

Let him claim he was the key person this way he will take the blame for the downfall and cancellation of this "new" and "re-energized" piece of cr@p.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          Let him claim he was the key person this way he will take the blame for the downfall and cancellation of this "new" and "re-energized" piece of cr@p.

unless, reenergie is a euphamism. like 'fishing' is for sam and jack, 'reenergize' must be for sex, boobs, butts and bombs....so basically re-energize must = vala

and he DOES seem to be key in valaifying the show

sigpic

Comment

On the iditoic statement "key person involved in kind of re-energizing the show..." RE-ENERGIZED - is he kidding (I have to ask again if he, or anyone else at Bridge, ever realizes how stupid he sounds) did he not see the fall in ratings throughout the season - did he not see that they came nowhere near the 2.3s and 2.4s S8 got, did he not see that the last 2 eps of S9 (1.8 and 1.9) did not even bring back the same number of people who watched the first few eps (2.1s), did he not see the continued disappointment and anger about Carter having her sole leadership taken away from her and the screwed-up mess they made there (it is a real problem as it will not die out - the poll now has Carter up to 472 to 193) and it is going strong - people are not forgetting about it, giving up on it or accepting it - the leadership debacle sucks and they know it andit is one of their biggest problems in S9, id he not notcie that many, many people think mitchell is a terrible character who has not earned and does not deserve his co-lead position, did he not notcie that many people think mitchell and his backstory was a contrived mess, etc., etc.
            If he doesn't want to see it, he won't. He can twist the ratings to mean anything in his head - maybe there wasn't enough Vala, maybe those pesky established characters were taking too much focus from the golden boy and girl that they need to be pushed so far into the background that the audience will forget they exist.

I'm sure that somebody among TPTB was aware of the unhappiness regarding having Mitchell as leader very early on in the season, or even before it started - weren't there spoilers beforehand? - so it would have been a fairly simple matter to adjust 'Beachhead' to return Sam to her position as team leader or to do so in an episode shortly afterwards but they may have made the mistake of thinking that, given time, people would fall in love with Mitchell and be just over the moon to have such a strong, intelligent, brave and heroic leader (I can't even type that without laughing) in command, that everyone would magically forget how much more experienced and qualified Sam was.

If he wants to take credit for it, may he have joy of it.

I Know that I wouldn't want my name associated with the disaster area that Season Nine was and that Season Ten looks like being.

Comment

unless, reenergie is a euphamism. like 'fishing' is for sam and jack, 'reenergize' must be for sex, boobs, butts and bombs....so basically re-energize must = vala

and he DOES seem to be key in valaifying the show
              Can 'Valaifying' be a euphemism for 'destroying'?

Comment

i'm thinking more along the line of dumbing down and sexing up

they're pandering to the frat boys and making things shallow and simple and rather bland

stargate has lost its uniqueness. it used to be 4 'ordinary' folks doing hte best they could with what they had

now we have 6 folks on an endless treasure hunt to find the next spiffy toy to bail htier butts out and too much dependance on ships and beam out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  If he wants to take credit for it, may he have joy of it.

I Know that I wouldn't want my name associated with the disaster area that Season Nine was and that Season Ten looks like being.
                  let him have it. I'm sure braga was proud of reenergizing voyager and enterprise

sigpic

Comment

they're pandering to the frat boys and making things shallow and simple and rather bland
                    Any they are aware that not everybody who watches the show is a frat boy?

Comment

I think re-Energize means to change the batteries in the mechanical parrot that says, "Coop, you're a genius!" "Stargate is better than ever!" "Vala is funny!" and so on and so forth.

Comment

let him have it. I'm sure braga was proud of reenergizing voyager and enterprise
                        You're forgetting Berman...but they did re-energise the ST community *Grins when he things of the Voyager Chronicles and The Adventures of Berman and Brage*
                        Signed,

Gregorius
                        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

With all the religious references last season:

Origin= Genisis
                          Babaylon
                          TFH
                          The Scourge
                          Crusade

I'm wondering if Vala is the new Mary Magdalene of The last Temptation of Christ. Or is she the new scion as in Dogma.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                            I'm wondering if Vala is the new Mary Magdalene of The last Temptation of Christ. Or is she the new scion as in Dogma.
                            They're preparing us for Third Impact and the rise of the Evas
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                              You're forgetting Berman...but they did re-energise the ST community *Grins when he things of the Voyager Chronicles and The Adventures of Berman and Brage*
                              yes, how to kill a 30 year franchise in 5 years or less

sigpic

Comment

yes, how to kill a 30 year franchise in 5 years or less
                                It's quite an achievement, you have to admit that Not many people are capable of it, and I think TPTB are trying to beat B&B by killing a show in two seasons.
                                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X