S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Fictional? Really? ;eek: :eek; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The point I was making is that before they didn't feel the need to go *quite* so over-the-top. One was bad enough. But all those resources used to make all those ships? No. Way.

Besides, the show is called StarGATE, not StarSHIP.

suse
    I understand that. I didn't like the feeling that we didn't have to use the gate anymore.

But if one ship was that useful, why would they only settle for one? They'd make a fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
      Then why have you been arguing for pages why things do an don't make sense in the SG-verse?
      Well, in-universe canon is consistent in the amount of time it takes to build a ship, and that that time is relatively short, or a few years. We also don't know the exact construction process or how much help we received from our allies in building them. (On Earth and off.)

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
        I understand that. I didn't like the feeling that we didn't have to use the gate anymore.

But if one ship was that useful, why would they only settle for one? They'd make a fleet.
        Sure they would, in about 100 years or so...

Comment

Well, in-universe canon is consistent in the amount of time it takes to build a ship, and that that time is relatively short, or a few years. We also don't know the exact construction process or how much help we received from our allies in building them. (On Earth and off.)
          That could very well be true, I actually wasn't debating that point. I just thought it was kind of cute that we've had a fun and sometimes heated debate over the SG1-verse and then you talk about it just being a TV show. I guess my point is that we are all passionate about it even though it's just a TV show.
          sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

That could very well be true, I actually wasn't debating that point. I just thought it was kind of cute that we've had a fun and sometimes heated debate over the SG1-verse and then you talk about it just being a TV show. I guess my point is that we are all passionate about it even though it's just a TV show.
            Yeah, I noticed that too.

Comment

Which means that
              either it's such a great TV show capable of stirring up such passion
              or we're all in a highly state of derealization

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                Sure they would, in about 100 years or so...
                By the time of, say ... Star Trek? They had a fleet by then.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                  Which means that
                  either it's such a great TV show capable of stirring up such passion
                  or we're all in a highly state of derealization
                  Let's go with the first choice (Teal'c is sitting next to me and agrees )
                  sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Let's go with the first choice (Teal'c is sitting next to me and agrees )
                    Hallucination + derealization = cool! What did you smoke? I want it too

Comment

I started watching stargate at season 9. I had no idea who Sam and jack where. I liked how funny Vala was and was sad to see her go. Once she left I felt the Ori story line slowed down too much. And I had trouble getting into Sam's Character. Season ten was great but I really did not care for the show where we follow Cam to his highscool reunion. All that being said I bought all ten seasons for my husband and have since watched them and I totally Love Jack and Carter now. I really wish Sam had taken over SG-1 but I understand the timing with Amanda having her baby didn't let it happen. I didn;t like Ben as the leader and I kinda felt like Dr. Jackson was the team leader half the time. Did any one else get that feeling in seaon 9?

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
                        I started watching stargate at season 9. I had no idea who Sam and jack where. I liked how funny Vala was and was sad to see her go. Once she left I felt the Ori story line slowed down too much. And I had trouble getting into Sam's Character. Season ten was great but I really did not care for the show where we follow Cam to his highscool reunion. All that being said I bought all ten seasons for my husband and have since watched them and I totally Love Jack and Carter now. I really wish Sam had taken over SG-1 but I understand the timing with Amanda having her baby didn't let it happen. I didn;t like Ben as the leader and I kinda felt like Dr. Jackson was the team leader half the time. Did any one else get that feeling in seaon 9?
                        I can see enjoying the show if you've never seen it before and don't know the history.

I enjoyed several eps of Farscape (never got into it ) - but if they tried those storylines on Stargate it wouldn't work because it Just Doesn't Fit. That's how I feel about Stargate Command S1/S2 SG-1 S9/S10. The changes that were made Just Didn't Fit with what came before.

I didn't feel like Daniel was team leader. I kinda felt he was featured so much he seemed more 'series' lead. shutting up before I get in trouble And frankly, I didn't like the Daniel that was in S9/S10. Sooo.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post

Honestly, I got the feeling that there was no team, not in season 9 or 10. They met in the "embarkation room" (Just watched 2010), gated out, and then split up and did their own thing. I remember coming across this fic (post-shroud Jack and Daniel friendship) and thinking, "Oh Jack, I couldn't agree more."
                          Originally posted by Callista
                          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                          Originally posted by HPMom
                          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            I can see enjoying the show if you've never seen it before and don't know the history.
                            Who can argue with that? Doesn't that somewhat objectively prove that 9 and 10 were good?

Just not as good as the other seasons to you, I guess.

Comment

Who can argue with that? Doesn't that somewhat objectively prove that 9 and 10 were good?

Just not as good as the other seasons to you, I guess.

Objectively, anything can be good. That being said, things are only as objective as you yourself can be, which as humans, is not very objective at all. Humans are predisposed to be subjective, our personal feelings, prejudices, and interpretations are always going to come in to play.

Metaphysics and philosophy make my brain hurt.
                              Originally posted by Callista
                              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                              Originally posted by HPMom
                              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                                Objectively, anything can be good. That being said, things are only as objective as you yourself can be, which as humans, is not very objective at all. Humans are predisposed to be subjective, our personal feelings, prejudices, and interpretations are always going to come in to play.

Metaphysics and philosophy make my brain hurt.
                                I know it's not technically objective, but what I mean is that it's an outside observer with no experience in Stargate SG-1 before the final two seasons giving them praise. We're both more biased, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X