No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The virtual green was given to those posts explaining why s9 and 10 really didn't work for some of us. I almost have to lol at the bravely defending against one person who is in the minority. Since I didn't say that. But what the hell, I have other more important things happening in RL to worry about if you take it that way.

edited to add You are welcome to some of the Pepto Bismo if you like Vladius
    Last edited by Mandysg1; 25 April 2009, 05:36 PM.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
      And then Mitchell could have saved the day by cutting down a tree...with a herring!
      Nah, he has a sword from when he fought the Black Knight.
      I often wondered why Adria, who was the head honcho of an evil, galactic religion than was all about prayer, and worship, and purity chose to dress like a skank.
      Genetics. And catering to the "target demographic"

suse
      It *was* the caterers!
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Folks

The basis behind a discussion is that you wil see and hear opinions that you may not agree with. This isn't a competition. there are no winners or losers.

No one is right and no one is wrong.

If you find that you just can't separate your emotions from the discussion, then perhaps you need to take a break until you can. And, after that break, if you still can't discuss this and tolerate opinions that differ from your own, then maybe you need to play in another thread.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
          And then Mitchell could have saved the day by cutting down a tree...with a herring!

I often wondered why Adria, who was the head honcho of an evil, galactic religion than was all about prayer, and worship, and purity chose to dress like a skank.

And I think she was handing out virtual green to other people for thinking the same way she does and debating it with you so she doesn't have to. I mean, why would she want to green you when she disagrees with most of what you say?

I have nothing of substance to add to this discussion.
          It was never about purity. In fact one of the first things Vala says when describing her time in the other galaxy is that the Ori religion is very lenient in the way of sins. When she gets there, she becomes the second of at least two <mod snip.....we have a 'don't bash the characters' rules, and calling them that name is not appropriate> running around.
          Last edited by Skydiver; 25 April 2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
            Why the some of us?

I'm outnumbered in my opinion at least 5 to 1. It's not as if you guys are all glorious crusaders who have made me see the light.
            I'm not sure what you expect when you hang out in a thread whose purpose is to critique S9 and 10. You would probably be in the majority if you started a "S9 and 10 appreciation thread". I think most of us realized 10 pages ago that we wouldn't convince you to feel the way we do and you would not convince us. It's all good.
            sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

No, they have zero problems with women in a leadership role. Stop seeing sexism where there is none. (Why would Elizabeth Weir and Samantha Carter be in charge of the lost city of Atlantis if that were true?)
              I think Skydiver put it best when she made the following comparison:

Imagine LCOL Sam Carter is Samuel Carter, an officer with a record of distinction and significant experience in his area of expertise who is temporarily assigned to another command. He is transferred back to his former command because his expertise is needed. He is then assigned to be commanded by an officer with the same rank and no experience in the command or an equivalent command. He is black. Screams racism to me.

Hence the sexism argument.

Speaking of political correctness, why does there need to be a female lead when that would be completely unrealistic?
              In the American military, it is certainly not “unrealistic” for a woman to command a unit, not even in a war theater.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
                “War Games" was such a cool movie. I just had a total 80s flashback.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I remember that list. I just couldn't remember when or where I read it.
                You’re thinking of Strix varia’s The Ultimate Sam-Whumping Fanfic List. You can find it here.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Why the some of us?

I'm outnumbered in my opinion at least 5 to 1. It's not as if you guys are all glorious crusaders who have made me see the light.
                  Again, no one is crusading against you. We're defending our opinion that S9/S10 was less than satisfactory. I doubt very seriously that anyone felt they would convince you of that, however you did originally enter the discussion and asked the questions, hence the responses. If you didn't want dissenting opinions, why on earth would you enter a "critique and contemplations" thread?

I've rather enjoyed the past couple of days. It's a shame you haven't. The forum should be a place to participate in what you enjoy. I'd hate to think you've spent the last 2 days here not enjoying yourself.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Haha...yes. I so agree. I might possibly have cheered when I heard that set had been demolished.
                  I actually breathed a sigh of relief that I no longer would feel a compulsion to watch hoping that somehow it would improve.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  I love that movie. It had such a huge impact on me. A nuclear holocaust was one of my biggest fears as a teenager.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    Let's play "Global Thermonuclear War."

Comment

Let's play "Global Thermonuclear War."
                      "Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?"
                      sigpic

Comment

"Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?"
                        What I really liked was the totally arbitrary conversation they have about him swimming later in the movie, fraught with lots of unnecessary cursing.

Didn't the major events take place in Cheyenne Mountain, too?

Comment

A place called cheyenne mountain, not the real one
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've rather enjoyed the past couple of days. It's a shame you haven't. The forum should be a place to participate in what you enjoy. I'd hate to think you've spent the last 2 days here not enjoying yourself.
                            No, I've certainly enjoyed it. I like defending things more than attacking them.

Comment

No, I've certainly enjoyed it. I like defending things more than attacking them.
                              Good. I'm glad you've been enjoying yourself.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm glad.

Believe it or not, I wish I could defend it. I really enjoyed the earlier seaons.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X