S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    Well for me it would be a failure because your shiny new golden boy and boy/toy caricature and puerile dreck and cliches, and ships and bombs and enemy all failed to catch-fire despite your incessant pimping and, in the end, whether you choose to admit it or not coop, your shiny new show failed - wake up and stop trying to spin things for the sake of spinning - the fans are not as dumb as you think they are.

that's just it, they think we are dumb.

of course, also, you do have to consider that coop MUST sell the show. Even if, in his heart, he knows it's not that good, he must never say anything remotely bad aobut it

yes mister Ismay, we know that ther'es only lifeboats for 1/3 the passengers, but look at this paneling, and thse floors, and these walls. and OMG, isn't this the fanciest, most special, bestest ship on the ocean????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yes mister Ismay, we know that ther'es only lifeboats for 1/3 the passengers, but look at this paneling, and thse floors, and these walls. and OMG, isn't this the fanciest, most special, bestest ship on the ocean????
      This reminds me of a great quote from Everybody Loves Raymond that I find fits SG1 at this point in time:

"When you are on the Titanic you load the lifeboats - you don't stop to rearrange the deck chairs."

Comment

Re: cooper's recent interview I found the following quote almost too funny:

"RCC: Well, I want Season Three to say that Stargate Atlantis is its own show, and that it's got a lot of legs, and that it's got a big future."

I find this funny, no really hysterical, especially in light of the "cross-overs" planned. Thus far Daniel and the caricature/cliche, O'Neill, Landry and possibly Carter. Yes - I would definitley say they are letting SGA stand on it's own. hahahahahhahahaha oops sorry. I wonder if cooper, or anyone, ever really realizes how stupid he sounds.
        Plus, where did McKay come from to begin with? And maybe it's just me, but Flanigan and his sarcasm remind me an awful lot of O'Neill (only not as good).

"As far as SG-1 goes ... it's Season Ten! Who knows? We're in bonus land here. It's a thrill to be on the air, and it's all icing on the cake from here on in.

Having been a key person involved in kind of re-energizing the show in Season Nine, obviously I want to see that little baby continue. I want to see that live on a little longer. But again, if Season Ten were the last season, it's hard to say it was a failure."
        He thinks he was a "key person involved in kind of re-energizing the show..."?? Wow, that is so arrogant, and so wrong. And if I were one of the actors involved in SG1, especially one of the original three, but even one of the new ones--I think I would be really insulted by his comments. Who died and left him as the Goa'ould's gift to the universe?
        "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipShape
          Plus, where did McKay come from to begin with? And maybe it's just me, but Flanigan and his sarcasm remind me an awful lot of O'Neill (only not as good).
          Oh please, SG1 has nothing what is so good how McKay and I like O´Neill fan, but I find Sheppard ist better as O´Neill in season 7 and 8.
          *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
          *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
          *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

Re: cooper's recent interview I found the following quote almost too funny:

"RCC: Well, I want Season Three to say that Stargate Atlantis is its own show, and that it's got a lot of legs, and that it's got a big future."

I find this funny, no really hysterical, especially in light of the "cross-overs" planned. Thus far Daniel and the caricature/cliche, O'Neill, Landry and possibly Carter. Yes - I would definitley say they are letting SGA stand on it's own. hahahahahhahahaha oops sorry. I wonder if cooper, or anyone, ever really realizes how stupid he sounds.

I also found the following kind of interesting:

"As far as SG-1 goes ... it's Season Ten! Who knows? We're in bonus land here. It's a thrill to be on the air, and it's all icing on the cake from here on in.

Having been a key person involved in kind of re-energizing the show in Season Nine, obviously I want to see that little baby continue. I want to see that live on a little longer. But again, if Season Ten were the last season, it's hard to say it was a failure."

It seems to me he's setting things up in the event S10 will be the last but that TIIC would NEVER consider cancellation a failure because this is, afterall, S10 (no cooper I thought what you have been saying until now is that it was really like S1 of a whole new show -- the slate was wiped clean, there is a new, bigger, badder enemy and earth is back at square one -- why are you changing your story now? He was so busy pimping the "new" show earlier on it seems kind of funny that now it's all "icing on the cake" and a "bonus" so if we get cancelled now no big deal we had a good run.

Well for me it would be a failure because your shiny new golden boy and boy/toy caricature and puerile dreck and cliches, and ships and bombs and enemy all failed to catch-fire despite your incessant pimping and, in the end, whether you choose to admit it or not coop, your shiny new show failed - wake up and stop trying to spin things for the sake of spinning - the fans are not as dumb as you think they are.
            I personally thought it was funny how often he felt a need to assert that he's the executive producer. Heh heh. As if, you know, the two runners of the biggest online forum for Stargate would, you know, forget about that.

I also thought it was funny how he "joked" about the fact that that was how he got things taken care of. "Oh, haha, yeah they all do what I say, because I'm at the top of the totem pole. Haha."

He's a funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              I personally thought it was funny how often he felt a need to assert that he's the executive producer. Heh heh. As if, you know, the two runners of the biggest online forum for Stargate would, you know, forget about that.

I also thought it was funny how he "joked" about the fact that that was how he got things taken care of. "Oh, haha, yeah they all do what I say, because I'm at the top of the totem pole. Haha."

He's a funny guy.
              ...very funny guy, indeed.

I have so enough. RCC the writer, RCC the showrunner (and now for both shows, right? ), RCC the director. This man should do a himself a favour and taking over the place of the male lead actor, too. Than he can write endless little scenes just for himself and his golden girl Vala. It´s after all that´s what he really seem to want.

Comment

But again, if Season Ten were the last season, it's hard to say it was a failure."
                I find this interesting. IOW, "If SG1 gets cancelled because we made a complete pig's ear of it after S8, we can still fall back on the numbers and it won't make a black mark on our resumes..."

Sadly, he's probably right. Quantity not quality is what counts in his business.

Fans, of course, have more sense than to accept 'Hey, look! Ten seasons! Ten! See? That means it had to be all good! Right? Huh?"

Albion (feeling especially depressed and out of sorts today because she spent yesterday on an SG1 marathon, starting from the pilot... A bittersweet experience these days.)
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by ShipShape
                  McKay's one of the best character from both SG-1 and Atlantis He's always been arrogant and sarcastic as hell, plus he actually makes mistakes. As for Sheppard, they needed someone that leads the team like O'Neill and someone that gets all the Alien women like Daniel So you can savely conclude that the Sheppard/McKay banter was designed to be like the O'Neill/Jackson banter

As for the crossovers...why?! Why do we get Vala in Atlantis....or even wondergirl Sam? (Wanna bet that either Sam finds a way to recharge the ZPMs or Vala does it by accident or Daniel finds the method in the Ancient database?)

He thinks he was a "key person involved in kind of re-energizing the show..."?? Wow, that is so arrogant, and so wrong. And if I were one of the actors involved in SG1, especially one of the original three, but even one of the new ones--I think I would be really insulted by his comments. Who died and left him as the Goa'ould's gift to the universe?
                  The Ori?
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

"There is nothing left to understand with the ori. They're religious extremists tat practice genocide in the name of religion. and coop is right in that, you CAN'T win. so if you can't win, what the hades are we doing portraying them on tv? if our heroes can't win, then why bother???? There's no goal for us to accomplish, it's impossible unless we turn a 180 and murder every single Ori and every one of htier followers

we Can't win, so why waste a whole season dealing with it????"

Exactly Sky--well said. After we watch many die and countless things blow up--SG1 conceeds defeat. Which one will join the ORI--Russia or China?

RCC did not mention RDA's return? I imagine that kind of puts a crimp in his "all NEW show". It also makes me nervous on how they will portray Jack
                    IMO RDA"S influence was probally "much" I cant help but refer to comments made about less restrictions when he left. Maybe its just me!

Coop is the one--he brought new life to the show and if there is no S11 it will not be a failure--well duh--as the top dog --when SG is cancelled it will fall on YOU Coop--top dog that you are........

That greenhouse is now a living ship which takes off to unknown galaxys with Cambo and half undressed Vala with it! (sorry--one can hope--right?)

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

He's a funny guy.
                      yeah, but is he there when folks are saying 'umm, this isn't good'???

no, then he vanishes and when he pops back out from behind the curtain it's with a wide smile on his face extolling the virtues of everything he's done

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius

The Ori?

Yes....my point....exactly.
                        "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Yume
                          ...very funny guy, indeed.

I have so enough. RCC the writer, RCC the showrunner (and now for both shows, right? ), RCC the director. This man should do a himself a favour and taking over the place of the male lead actor, too. Than he can write endless little scenes just for himself and his golden girl Vala. It´s after all that´s what he really seem to want.
                          hey, works for me. go write himself a new show with his golden girl and leave us ours

and you're right, when he finally kills the show, it won't be 'under coop's guidance a once thriving franchise died' it'll be spun 'he carried the show to a record breaking tenth season'...ignoring the fact that he killed it too

i wonder if braga is his hero? because those two boys have a lot in common

killed a franchise
                          fell for an actress that theypromoted to the expense of all others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                            "There is nothing left to understand with the ori. They're religious extremists tat practice genocide in the name of religion. and coop is right in that, you CAN'T win. so if you can't win, what the hades are we doing portraying them on tv? if our heroes can't win, then why bother???? There's no goal for us to accomplish, it's impossible unless we turn a 180 and murder every single Ori and every one of htier followers

we Can't win, so why waste a whole season dealing with it????"
                            the only way to beat the ori is to become the ori...or to recruit someone to be the ori - ie kill every single one of them

If they're gonna take the 'oh, now we see the light, thank you sg1 for showing us the error of our ways' and have all the followers convert away from the ori....well he knows even less about what he's doing than i though he did.

zealots do NOT change. tis the nature of the beast

sigpic

Comment

hey, works for me. go write himself a new show with his golden girl and leave us ours
                              That'd be fine by me.

and you're right, when he finally kills the show, it won't be 'under coop's guidance a once thriving franchise died' it'll be spun 'he carried the show to a record breaking tenth season'...ignoring the fact that he killed it too
                              As long as he is no longer sullying the show's good name and dragging it further into the mud with every lousy episode, they can spin it however they like.

It's not going to improve my opinion of the "new" show one iota.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

the only way to beat the ori is to become the ori...or to recruit someone to be the ori - ie kill every single one of them

If they're gonna take the 'oh, now we see the light, thank you sg1 for showing us the error of our ways' and have all the followers convert away from the ori....well he knows even less about what he's doing than i though he did.
                                Or have a mysterious, benevolent entity more powerful that the Ori, Ancients and Goa'uld combined magically come to the rescue and save us all.

Vala will probably turn out to be the Messiah in disguise or something similarly sickening.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X