S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
    I do feel like I said the same thing three pages ago.
    you did.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

*sings*

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town"
      Last edited by KatG; 24 April 2009, 02:13 PM. Reason: I apparently don't know the lyrics to this song
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
        Oh yes. He most definitely could. I'd green you for that, but apparently I like you to much to do so at the moment.
        iz very likeable!

/ off topic
        Originally posted by Callista
        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
        Originally posted by HPMom
        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I get the feeling youll be waiting a while...
          <<channels Jack>> Ya think? <<adds adorable smirk>>
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Next up: The reasons Vala overshadowed Our RecklessFearless Leader:
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
              Speaking of political correctness, why does there need to be a female lead when that would be completely unrealistic?
              And why would that be unrealistic?
              sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                And why would that be unrealistic?
                Didn't you get the memo? Turns out women are not capable of leading military teams, or handling getting beat up, or being awesome. Unless that woman is Vala, who can clearly do everything.

Comment

It is. I was fighting fire with fire.
                  Most of the people here are saying that it doesn't follow canon that Cam was made leader of an SG team without proper training given how they required it in previous seasons. I get that you don't agree with that because you think they cut the training budget, but how is that not in-universe?

Comment

Didn't you get the memo? Turns out women are not capable of leading military teams, or handling getting beat up, or being awesome. Unless that woman is Vala, who can clearly do everything.
                    What was I thinking?

Comment

What would you have done differently with the "shoddy storytelling?" Developing Mitchell as some kind of side character would make it feel even cheaper than it is now.
                      My goodness, have we not explained this ad nauseum. He should have come on as either someone who had lead another SG team and then joined SG1 OR gone through training and then joined SG1 as a member, not the leader, and developed a report with the rest of the members and gained experience and respect naturally through the story telling.

And you wonder why we're redundant.

Neither Teal'c nor Daniel are the leader and I would not call them side characters and would not say their roles are the result of "shoddy storytelling". Do you? If not, why then MUST Cam lead for it to be good storytelling?

Comment

For the last time, I read all of your posts. Stop calling me stupid.

How would you feel if I admitted that you guys won? Would you get any ounce of satisfaction? Would your day be any better?

Why do you keep insinuating I'm some kind of chauvinistic pig for not being as rabid about Sam?

And it's "all through the town," you admin abuser.

Comment

Speaking of political correctness, why does there need to be a female lead when that would be completely unrealistic?
                          I don't understand how having a female lead would be unrealistic. Sure the show might be aimed at male audiences but I'm sure there are almost (if not more) women who watch it. Sam was acting as a lead for S8 and that went well. Plus if we are saying men don't accept female leads in general then that is just b******s, (one example would be Janeway in Voyager). Plus men go and see films that have female leads.

As for SG-1, having a female lead would not be unrealistic in anyway. If anything the beginning of S9 was the perfect time to introduce Sam as the leader of SG-1 as it was the most natural progression. She was pretty much accepted by the fans as a genuinely capable character who had proved herself militarily, as 2IC for 7 years and then in command for a year. What we got in Mitchell was a poorly developed character....... (please see previous posts on Mitchell)

Ashizuri Didn't you get the memo? Turns out women are not capable of leading military teams, or handling getting beat up, or being awesome. Unless that woman is Vala, who can clearly do everything.
                          Lol... I hope no one ever says that to the ladies training to be Ghurkas... they are mad!!! Totally cool but MAD!!!!

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                          This episode along with Space Race are my 2 least favorite episodes, but it has nothing to do with Sam winning. It was because it was a boring plot AND it seemed that there was no reason to point Sam out as any different, she was the same as the other 3 team members. If they felt they had to do this plot I'm just thankful they made her strong in it.
                          Ok I know Space Race was s7 but I just wanted to mention that I was disappointed with that ep... it was too much like the ep of Voyager where Paris and Torres are in a race.

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                          Not me! I don't even like dirt.
                          Doesn't appeal to me either. I'd be more likely to tell them to walk it off and try to not lose the fight so badly next time than I would be to baby them.
                          Lol... "A bullet? Well here are some pliers and take this plaster... NOW GET OUT OF MY INFIRMARY!!!"
                          "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should... With all its sham,drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Baltimore, 1692

Comment

How would you feel if I admitted that you guys won? Would you get any ounce of satisfaction? Would your day be any better?

Why do you keep insinuating I'm some kind of chauvinistic pig for not being as rabid about Sam?
                            Woah there. Nowhere has anyone called you stupid. The implication that you're not reading our posts comes from the fact that you keep asking us what we would have done differently regarding Cam, when we've told you several times what we would have done differently.

We don't expect you to agree with us, but we do expect you to ask different questions rather than the same one. Neither should you expect us to agree with you.

As to calling you "some kind of chauvinistic pig" I don't recall seeing that either. I do remember some posters referring to your comments about a female lead being unrealistic and a male needed as leader so he could be beaten up as sexist, and they are that. They assume that a female can't lead, and can't be "whumped". On any given day and any given planet that's sexist.

And no, we don't expect you to worship Sam, anymore than you should expect us to worship Cam.

Now if you'd like to continue the discussion without taking offense, please do so. If not, perhaps this isn't the best place for you to be. Your choice.

Thanks for the correction on the words, I'll go change it immediately.

I honestly don't see where I abused you. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I did get rather frustrated with the circular pattern the discussion seemed to be taking and sought to relieve that frustration with a little humor.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                              Woah there. Nowhere has anyone called you stupid. The implication that you're not reading our posts comes from the fact that you keep asking us what we would have done differently regarding Cam, when we've told you several times what we would have done differently.

We don't expect you to agree with us, but we do expect you to ask different questions rather than the same one. Neither should you expect us to agree with you.

As to calling you "some kind of chauvinistic pig" I don't recall seeing that either. I do remember some posters referring to your comments about a female lead being unrealistic and a male needed as leader so he could be beaten up as sexist, and they are that. They assume that a female can't lead, and can't be "whumped". On any given day and any given planet that's sexist.

And no, we don't expect you to worship Sam, anymore than you should expect us to worship Cam.

Now if you'd like to continue the discussion without taking offense, please do so. If not, perhaps this isn't the best place for you to be. Your choice.

Thanks for the correction on the words, I'll go change it immediately.

I honestly don't see where I abused you. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I did get rather frustrated with the circular pattern the discussion seemed to be taking and sought to relieve that frustration with a little humor.
                              Okay. I lose. I can't win, so I must lose.

Comment

We all can get pretty heated in debates, but I'm sure no one meant to call you stupid. There's no winning or losing in a debate. You're free to love seasons 9/10 and Mitchell but in a thread called "S10: Critique & Contemplation" you'd have to assume that we would disagree. That being said, I apologize if I unintentionally insulted you.

Originally posted by Allie_Kreek View Post
                                Lol... I hope no one ever says that to the ladies training to be Ghurkas... they are mad!!! Totally cool but MAD!!!!
                                I don't know what Ghurkas are, but just the name sounds intense.

EDIT: Quick google search. I will not be telling those ladies anythin but what they want to hear.
                                Last edited by Ashizuri; 24 April 2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X