S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    For a minute there I thought you said: "Sam.. seems awfully grateful, though I'd imagine she'd feel the same for anyone who got her in that condition..."

I rubbed my eyes and looked at it again until I figured it out.

Bleaches brain

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Suse appears to be suffering from Footus in Mouthus Disease
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

For a minute there I thought you said: "Sam.. seems awfully grateful, though I'd imagine she'd feel the same for anyone who got her in that condition..."

I rubbed my eyes and looked at it again until I figured it out.
        ROTFL! (x10 - is that a good number? - laughing? giggling? Sorry, couldn't help myself. I read the comment and nearly spit out the sip of water I'd taken.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Suse appears to be suffering from Footus in Mouthus Disease
          No, VSS is suffering from Footus in Eyeus disease.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            No, VSS is suffering from Footus in Eyeus disease.

suse
            It's okay, I feel better now. Much, much better. Bleached brain, indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              ROTFL! (x10 - is that a good number? - laughing? giggling? Sorry, couldn't help myself. I read the comment and nearly spit out the sip of water I'd taken.)
              So did I, believe me.

Comment

{mod snip}

It wouldn't be as productive to show SG-3 as a subplot for the entire season. At that time SG-1 wasn't the "flagship team" it once was, because the four of them were all solitary.
                It was his command nonetheless because people thought he had the leadership capabilities. But then he had to pick people to join. He went through tons of nerds, malcontents, and people he wouldn't be comfortable with in montage.
                Then, just because he can, he decides to get the SG-1 veterans because they're the best.
                Avalon was supposed to be a minor mission, but he was kind of drafted into their ranks by the time they figured out the Ori were coming.
                Last edited by KatG; 24 April 2009, 05:36 AM.

Comment

{mod snip}

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                  {mod snip}

It wouldn't be as productive to show SG-3 as a subplot for the entire season. At that time SG-1 wasn't the "flagship team" it once was, because the four of them were all solitary.
                  It was his command nonetheless because people thought he had the leadership capabilities. But then he had to pick people to join. He went through tons of nerds, malcontents, and people he wouldn't be comfortable with in montage.
                  Then, just because he can, he decides to get the SG-1 veterans because they're the best.
                  Avalon was supposed to be a minor mission, but he was kind of drafted into their ranks by the time they figured out the Ori were coming.
                  Ok, I have to ask. Don't take this the wrong way but are you actually reading the posts made by folks here? We're going around and round in circles in this conversation, and you seem to be ignoring everything that is being said. And this will be my final post on this topic because I honestly don't see much productiveness in it.

The people who thought that Mitchell had the leader qualifications were the writers. Because they wanted a male hero to be the star of the show.

You say that he wanted the old SG1 because they were the best, and I agree with you. But if they were the best, then he should have learned from them, not try to lead them, especially since he has no off-world experience while they do. (And I say try because I don't think he was really successful in the whole leading thing.) That is all the everyone here are trying to say all this time. I don't think it was such a complicated concept to understand.

I've spend my entire life on military bases, and I've picked up a thing or two about how things work. Have you? Cause honestly it doesn't look like that to me.
                  Last edited by KatG; 24 April 2009, 05:40 AM. Reason: quoted deleted posrtion of post
                  sigpic

Comment

MOD NOTE:

Under the new VS, those of you who enjoyed S9/S10 are perfectly welcome to join in the discussion here in the S10 Critique and Contemplation thread. If you do however, you should expect reasonable, civil, well thought out counterarguments from those who play here regularly. If you fail to bring them around to your way of thinking, this does not give you the right to resort to insults. Please keep that in mind as you post, otherwise you may well find that you are talking to yourself as you have been put on ignore.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      {mod snip}

Ok, I have to ask. Don't take this the wrong way but are you actually reading the posts made by folks here? We're going around and round in circles in this conversation, and you seem to be ignoring everything that is being said. And this will be my final post on this topic because I honestly don't see much productiveness in it.

The people who thought that Mitchell had the leader qualifications were the writers. Because they wanted a male hero to be the star of the show.

You say that he wanted the old SG1 because they were the best, and I agree with you. But if they were the best, then he should have learned from them, not try to lead them, especially since he has no off-world experience while they do. (And I say try because I don't think he was really successful in the whole leading thing.) That is all the everyone here are trying to say all this time. I don't think it was such a complicated concept to understand.

I've spend my entire life on military bases, and I've picked up a thing or two about how things work. Have you? Cause honestly it doesn't look like that to me.
                      No, I haven't. Sorry.

He did learn from them. You can see sometimes that they just want to scream "Oh, here we go again." If you choose to watch 200 in all seriousness, you can see he's the most out of the loop. He also has subtle nuances to his behavior that indicate that he's learning just what SG-1 does every episode.

I just think everybody is being a little too harsh on the writers. Yes, they needed a male lead, but the way it's portrayed isn't too bad.

Mostly I'm responding to people who say that he should be just a new member, and not the leader. It was his team. You don't get your command usurped by people that you chose to integrate.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        MOD NOTE:

Under the new VS, those of you who enjoyed S9/S10 are perfectly welcome to join in the discussion here in the S10 Critique and Contemplation thread. If you do however, you should expect reasonable, civil, well thought out counterarguments from those who play here regularly. If you fail to bring them around to your way of thinking, this does not give you the right to resort to insults. Please keep that in mind as you post, otherwise you may well find that you are talking to yourself as you have been put on ignore.

What I said was tongue-in-cheek. I'm essentially debating with all women, am I not? Didn't you guys just have some weird outburst at the thought of... something I might not pick up on?

EDIT: ... because I'm a guy?
                        Last edited by Vladius; 24 April 2009, 05:56 AM.

Comment

What I said was tongue-in-cheek. I'm essentially debating with all women, am I not? Didn't you guys just have some weird outburst at the thought of... something I might not pick up on?

Unfortunately, it didn't come across that way. To the majority here, it came across as an insult, Normally when one is posting tongue-in-cheek it's best to add a smiley such as or
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                            Unfortunately, it didn't come across that way. To the majority here, it came across as an insult, Normally when one is posting tongue-in-cheek it's best to add a smiley such as or

Okay.

Comment

Uh, it was a joke. I never gave any thought to the gender of the person who might read it. Nor did i insinuate you might not understand it. I personally can't tell the gender of anyone on these forums unless they choose to leave their name, and it doesn't seem to be relevant anyway.

Comment

Uh, it was a joke. I never gave any thought to the gender of the person who might read it. Nor did i insinuate you might not understand it. I personally can't tell the gender of anyone on these forums unless they choose to leave their name, and it doesn't seem to be relevant anyway.
                                I'm so sorry for being sexist and insinuating that in any way you or anyone else is a fangirl because you had an outburst at the thought of something I didn't pick up on but was very shocking and required brain bleach for everyone involved. (And had something to do with shipping and someone being "very grateful.")

Seriously, it's not hard to guess from looking at you guys' sigs, avatars, etc.

EDIT for specifics:
                                I see: Flowers, mom, Mandy, Jasmin, "Shipper rewatch," compulsive giggling.

What am I supposed to think?
                                Last edited by Vladius; 24 April 2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X